• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hey ladies

SO he's clearly looking for anyone from his old herd, BUT any little thing is welcome to come along and poke him if you so desire ;D

OMG @[Vessel] i saw that you were around and i couldn't fricking resist
    #please xDDDDD

tagging the girls just in case anyone is still aboot(:
    @[Helleborn] @[Sreva] @[Sabé]

Upon his return he knows exactly where to start his lurking again. Nothing has been decided for the future as of yet – all but one thing, anyway. The women of his history have been calling to him in his sleep in recent nights. “Chem..” They whisper to him, licking at his ears and caressing his sweaty, twitchy skin. His tail flashes at his hocks as he lets the night-dreams turn to day-dreams. “Find us.” their voices meld and string him along, their hot sweet breath tickling his ears until he wakes, blinking and slightly aroused of course. His lips trace the edges of his dark lips, a subconscious move as his teal eyes hunt the landscape for anyone, or anything familiar to him.

Beqanna’s soil is always morphing, transcending we’ll say. Chemdog bothers not to notice anything new about the lands just now, there will be time for that later. Only one decision has been made since his return – find them. The only thing he notices is their absence, for now; the coldness touching his shoulder instead of the honey warmth of one them pressing against him, or better yet, all of them against him, around him, under him

The morning light touches the edges of his darkened, speckled body as he finds a hilltop. His ascent is graceful, his weight is lower and his muscles leaner, but otherwise he looks fairly well for being on his own, elsewhere. Summertime brings a gentle, fragrant breeze while the mists settle across the wavy grasses spread over bumps and boulders scattered about the meadow. Most areas are eaten down from constant grazing, but the hilly parts are mostly left, a collective effort, perhaps. He himself enjoys a few mouthfuls of oat-pods and luscious, fat clumps of untouched grasses before having a thorough look around. He gathers himself on the inside, sucking in a deep breath and bracing his ribcage for a long bellowing whinny. One, two, and he waits, nickering and slashing his long dready tail. He lets out a third and longer call, shrill to begin with and deep by its ending. 

Would any of them be around? Would they recognize the old siren call? He waits on the hill in the dawn’s rosy light, keeping his ears and eyes to whatever shadows dance into view or sticks snap in the distance. 

chemdog
    astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

Holy... crap... never did she think...

Ever since Beqanna's reckoning, Sreva had been on her own. The other mares of her former herd, the one looked over by the stallion Chemdog, had all separated, going their own ways and finding life in other places of Beqanna. Sreva, however, did not trust others like she had that stallion. True, her relationship with Chemdog wasn't anything beyond friends, mare/stallion of a herd relationship when they'd been separated, but she still trusted him. He'd been there for her, defended her, given her a home within his herd. If she didn't trust him with her life, she at least trusted him with certain knowledge about herself.

Facts she would never admit to any other horse.

But the day the herd had been pulled apart, Sreva had been separated from Chemdog. She feared for his safety, and looked for him for a long time, but nothing ever came up. No signs, no gossip among the field horses, nothing. She had almost begun to lose hope, figuring she would need a new home. She went from kingdom to kingdom, meeting with poor results. And in the field, a couple stallions that tried to take her for their own gain. It got to the point that Sreva resorted to hiding in the forest until things settled down, until today, when she was out grazing in the meadow since the most recent stallion had left.

Then, she heard the first call. For a moment, the mare thought she was hallucinating. It couldn't be him; he was gone. The second one echoed out, and hope rose. The third, longer one sounded out, and Sreva knew it was true. The pintaloosa mare broke into a gallop, heading off in the direction the call was coming from. She arrived in a grazed out part of the meadow, the grass low but still green enough to support a number of horses. Sreva not included, since she had been off in the nearby trees that began the forest stretch.

Her eyes scanned the meadow carefully for any sign, but it was only when she looked slightly up that she saw him. The familiar black colored form, his tall, lean build a giveaway among other muscled stallions that lived here in the meadow.

She did not even hesitate to run to his side. The mare let out a whinny to alert him, skidding to a stop once she got to the hilltop and closer to Chemdog. As she stopped to catch her breath, she took the chance to look him over. He appeared to have lost some weight and muscle, but still looked fairly healthy. His coloring had not changed, his eyes still gentle but with that hidden fire she'd come to adore.

Sreva's overall appearance had not changed much either in the years, except for some things here and there. Her form had filled out from its lean, thin yearling style from when she'd first met Chemdog, the mare's pintaloosa coat now covering a healthy, good layer of muscle on her shoulder, hips, loins, back, and everywhere else they had developed. The scars had not faded, but were now more hidden by her long grown-out three-colored mane mane, the length stopping just short of the bottom line of her neck. The coloring had changed some, the brown now a shade or two lighter than her body's color, and the black streaks in her mane and tail had become more prominent.

But nothing could change the guarded look in her eyes, except seeing him. Now, relief clouded them, tears of joy threatening to fall from the mare's light brown eyes as she looked up at the stallion. She was still in a state of shock right now, her chest heaving to catch her breath, but still she spoke out in between, "Thank... god..." she got out, still in such a speechless state he was here that she couldn't think of anything else.

@[Chemdog]

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

I was finally able to breathe. The field had been stressful, and there had been so much riding on the decision I made. But in the end there had only been one choice that seemed to speak to me, they all pleaded a good case, and many of the lands sounded enticing, but you can’t base your decision based on lands alone. It hadn’t taken long to remove the first option but the last two, well, it had been close. My new home was waiting for me, I had just asked my new herd leader to wait while I took some time to process everything. As much as I wanted to believe that the past was in the past, I knew that officially joining a new herd meant I was closing the door on everything I went through with Chem. That chapter was done, written and left for someone to read in the history books, it would be a great read. And intense beginning that blossomed into something great--that was infinite… but the plot twist would come and shock everyone that the story was actually a tragedy. I sighed at that and shook the past from my head. My new home would be everything that I needed-- the opportunity for a fresh start.

I walked through the meadow not really focused on anything or directing my thoughts on anything, in particular, save the nervous excitement that had been building slowly in my gut. I am not sure exactly how long I strolled the lush grasses, as I watched everyone that I passed. But I had walked the length of the field when I heard a call, deep and baritone. I stopped dead in my tracks, as my nostrils flared instinctively and my ears swiveled to the sounds. It was familiar, distantly so as if I knew if from a dream or an old memory. I stayed still hoping to hear the call again so I could place the memory. A moment goes by but the call comes again, more urgent, more emotional? I’m not sure that is the right word, but it was almost fitting. This time I heard a reply, female, and I smile thinking it was some separated couple reunited. It wasn’t long before a bay and white mare came galloping towards and then past me. I know her...I know that other voice.

I try to place it, I’m sure my face is scrunched up as I tried to pull the names of the face and sound I had just observed. I turned and followed after the excited mare, just to try and get a glimpse of her again to satisfy my curiosity. I kept my distance, as to not be obvious as she surely had better things to focus on, and I didn’t want to spoil the reunion she was surely about to have. I came to a small rise in the meadow, where a rarely used section was located, off to the side of the main meadow, I slowed at the top as my eyes fell on him. Chem. It didn’t leave my lips but I could have gone slack-jawed if I didn’t instantly feel a million emotions while to the surface. It had been Chem’s call I had heard, and Chem’s call that the mare had responded to. I was still a small distance from him, and Sreva, her name was Sreva. She had been one of the herd mares that stayed with Chem. She hadn’t been as bold and pushy as others, but she always seemed to be friendly with Chem. Well, at least that unknown was figured out. But was was Chem doing here? He had been gone for years, and now he’s just back? Calling for us? I was glad for the distance, I had no intention to go running to him when he called after all these years.

But at the same time… there he was, just as I remembered him, mostly he didn’t look quite as muscled as before--- but neither did I, I wasn’t traversing Beqanna like I had before. I also wasn’t so young anymore. Not old, but not 3 either. From this distance, I couldn’t really see his teal eyes but I knew they were on Svera, or at least they should be given she had made it to his side and was excitedly talking to him. I shouldn’t help but smile at that. I may not be sure how I felt about Chem but her excitement was contagious. I stood, watching the reunion from my spot at the crest of the rise, the wind blew my mane and tail out behind me. I didn’t call out to him, but I was visible, and if he wanted to notice me, he would. He owed me answers, he owed me an apology, but I wouldn’t go seeking it.

I just stood there, I couldn’t quite leave and it infuriated me, but I wouldn’t go forward. I was stuck in this space of indecision. How ridiculous. My bay coat shone almost a russet shade as the sun shown down on me, and the day continued to tick on. It wasn’t long but I knew he would notice soon if he hadn’t already. I had to decide if I wanted to reunite now or later. I shook my head and turned. Turned away from his tall frame, from his teal eyes, and happy reunion. No, he couldn’t think I came when he called. He didn’t get that after leaving me, but I would get my answers… I would have my closure. In due time, all things happened in due time. Until then, I had to go, and I forced myself to start moving away from the secluded clearing, back towards my new life, that was waiting for me across the meadow. I stopped once and glanced back, but I didn't see anyone. I kind of expected... no. This is for the best, it is for the best he didn't see me.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

ooc: feel free to have him see her and go get her. ^.^

She was back.

And boy, how things had changed. The home she had shared with Kreios before she had left was gone along with so many other places that had previously been a part of Beqanna. She had tried venturing back to the Field, but had realized quickly that it weighed too heavy on her heart to see how much life here had changed. The Field was no long bustling with activity, but quiet and cautious.

So she instead had ventured to the Meadow; a place she had not visited before the Reckoning and therefore could not put her finger on any of the stark changes that had happened since. For this, she was grateful.

The palomino mare waded through the tall grasses that tickled her shoulders and pulled at her mane and tail, searching for something. For what, she did not know, but she trusted that she would know it when she saw it.

Or heard it.

She blamed the fragrant flowers for not smelling his scent on the breeze; the first alert she had of his presence was the long, boisterous whinny. And then then another…and another. Wow, she thought. Someone is really desperate.

With bright ears perked forward, Naira slowly and carefully picked her way through the sea of willowy grasses in search of the source. A painted mare blew past her; the sudden movement frightening her and causing her to scamper a few quick steps backwards and flatten her ears against her pale head. Realizing that the mare was around her size and not nearly as intimidating as she first thought, Naira forced herself to take deep breaths and calm herself.

In, and out.

In, and out.

Finally, after her narrow sides had stretched and compressed with her deep breaths, she moved forward in search of the source of the sound.

Said source turned out to be an imposing stallion with a coat that reminded her of the night sky. She stands there for a while, too afraid to approach but too curious to just walk away.

naira

we'll be dancing in the kitchen in the pale moonlight

Wow, the stallions were just getting desperate nowadays huh? It wasn't even time for the breeding season and already they were out and about, scouting for mares that would make good dams for their foals? All those guys seemed to want to do were accumulate mares and get foals out of them, along with professing their brute strength against one another to see who could claim the most mares.

Granted, Neoma was stereotyping, but she hadn't lived around a lot of stallions that could prove such thoughts different. So, that day, when she was grazing in the meadow and heard the call of a stallion ring through the sky, a summoning for mares, the blue roan merely rolled her eyes and continued munching on the lush, juicy grass.

It was only when a painted mare went sprinting by did her interest get piqued, if only slightly. Clearly, that mare was anxious to answer the stallion's call, but Neoma didn't sense any desperation of the wrong sort so to say. She hadn't gotten a good look, but it seemed the paint mare only wanted to reach him, as if he were a dear friend she'd been missing since the Reckoning.

Which wouldn't surprise her. A lot of horses had disappeared following the land's changes, including some of her friends, ones that she hadn't seen since departing Sylva and going in search of a new home since Kreios left the kingdom to Djinni. Neoma respected the former king's choice and held respect for the dappled mare, but felt that with the stallion's departure, it was time for a change of her own as well.

From where Neoma was grazing, now that her eyes were following the paint mare's form as she raced up the increasing slope of the cliffside until reaching near the top, she could see the stallion, his body dark in color that wasn't too far off from a raven or a starless night sky. Still, even from this distance, she wasn't terribly impressed. The sound of hooves indicated another had come to investigate, a glance to the side telling Neoma it was a palomino mare, her coat shimmering like the summer sun.

Neoma's own blue roan coat felt rather plain in comparison, but she was proud of her coloring. She enjoyed the roan markings she had, since, while others here sported even more unusual coats, roan wasn't one of the most common either, especially blue roan like hers. Yes, she'd met others, but the more unique coat colors of Beqanna's other residents made her feel unique enough that she was prideful about it.

Not really interested anymore, Neoma lowered her head beneath the grass tickling her belly, continuing her grazing. Her long forelock her grown out a bit more, and it could not completely cover one eye if she brushed it to the side. Now, it hung limply in front of her eyes, slightly becoming entangled in the grass before she pulled it away to graze on some of the other blades.

OOC: Yeah, Neoma isn't exactly impressed yet, but feel free to have Chemdog approach her if he'd be interested in putting her in his herd.

Sreva. His mind whispers her name, his lips pulling into a grin while she lets out a whinny. Their energies collide as seamlessly as before, but with a new element to it – right away he notices but cannot pin point just what it is. She is a woman now, more than before. His eyes trace her matured curves and her slightly changed colors. Her tentative stare is there somewhere, but as always it softens when it befalls Chem, and his gaze too retains its affectionate ‘twinkle’ he has always had for her.

“Thank God” Her voice exudes the relief and Chem wastes no time pushing his whiskered muzzle into hers, and down her neck, and bumping softly against her shoulder before moving back to her muzzle. He laughs, “I know right – I do apologize for such a sudden disappearance…” His smirk is crooked as here tips one eye down to her. “I had a bit of trouble following me, I had to…lose it.” He winks a teal eye and leans away, about to comment on her rather attractive grown form when something suddenly grabs his attention…

Vessel. He sees her in the distance, butt to him, that butt. He grins, though he knows she’s most likely so very grumpy with him. Sreva is still beside him and surprisingly she held no grudges for him, seemingly only understanding and genuine joy to see him. He would not leave her standing there and go after his dear little sexy minx lover, Sreva is a lover of his too, a beloved one, a loyal one, and he would not just move off. He touches the painted mare’s shoulder, a nibble leaving a small bit of drool behind. He stretches himself up to reach his full height, “I see you.” His voice cuts through the chilly morning air and booms like a clap of thunder against silence. Even the birds around them take pause; some strangers turn to the noise, some startle. His eyes bore toward the bay woman, such a woman she’s become since three years of age. How did I manage to set this up? Two women, my women, still here, still mine... “If you would come here, Ves, I can try to explain…” His stomach sort of turns. No. I won’t really explain.. Fuck. His nostrils quiver with a flashing rush of anxiety but when his eyes find Sreva’s his thoughts fade back to pleasant ones.

A golden glow against the jade and sienna. An owl passes overhead, silent as a night with no wind and his eyes follow it all the way to the forest’s edge. It’s gray body disappears but standing just beneath where he vanished into the umbrage is a golden mare who seems to glow against the dawn’s rosy laminations. He is pulled from the warmth of Sreva’s company and the conflicted feeling of Vessel’s back turned firmly to him, the coldness of her anger. He’s drawn away into a dream for only a second, but seconds in dreams can feel like days. He nickers below his breath and tosses his tail, the idea of approaching her or calling her to him briefly passes through his mind but at the moment he’s caught in quite the web... What to do?  He raises his head and bobs his chin; he beckons her with body language, a proud posture and his dread tail propped half up (it is indeed pretty heavy nowadays).

A sapphire in a sea of emerald. As any stallion worth is weight in value, Chemdog was most comfortable in situations where he was surrounded by mares. Preferably pleased, pleasured, intelligent ones – but mares of any kind will do. The scene so far; Vessel hating him from afar, Sreva is delightedly at his side where she so belongs, a stranger to the east and a stranger to the west catching his eye… This stranger in the east grazes among the swaying green grass, some of the last grasses to keep their green for the progressing autumn season. Ah yes, estrus hangs heavy in the air but to be completely truthful Chemdog will mount a willing participant (and sometimes unwilling-ish) no matter the season…and children, well, with Kota still at his heels and several out there [or maybe dead] anyway, kids are of no priority, really. This blue mare, such a color, sees them and lacks any real interest; he can see this from where he stands. He, however, is plenty interested in her. Alone? He wonders to himself as he stares rather relentlessly in her direction for as long as he could before his attention has to divert once more.

I found somewhere to live, if you’re interested.” He says this loud enough for all of them to hear, Vessel, golden stranger, blue stranger, but his eyes are with the closest girl. His nose finds Sreva’s, everyone is spread across the small area but she is right there. The heat from her body can be felt against his dark, speckled ribcage, her muzzle soft under his lips as he kisses at her soft nose-skin.

chemdog

holy sheet i hope i got everyone and addressed everything <33
    Sreva was all too happy to get closer to the stallion as he rubbed his muzzle against her neck and shoulder, the mare brushing her soft one against the tie-in at his neck and chest. His muzzle was a bit rougher than hers, coarse more like she should say, but it didn't really bother her. She'd gotten used to that during the previous time they'd spent together, especially after he'd grown in his winter coat.

Chem moved back up toward her face, his eyes sparkling with that familiar twinkle Sreva recognized as clear as one would her by her color. Though she was always on guard, even sometimes around him, her eyes were softer now, clearly relieved to be back by his side once again. Sreva was fine with taking care of herself, but the reason she had been so fearful after losing Chem was because of how many times similar situations had happened in the past. It had worried her when she grew close to him, that something horrible had happened to him and she'd never see him again. Her fears did come true with the Reckoning, but despite that, he was here again, alive and well.

It put her fears at ease some, that maybe all that had happened before was just how it was supposed to be, events that had been leading her to this point. Sreva didn't believe in destiny, fate, whatever some horses wanted to call it, but she did believe in luck. After all, she was back here by Chem's side, wasn't she?

Chem looked into Sreva's eyes, apologizing for the time he had been away. Whatever trouble he had run into, Sreva didn't mind. She'd help him deal with any repercussions, but at least it was all over now. He was okay, and hopefully out of the danger zone with whatever happened after the Reckoning.

Chem did look like he was about to speak, but before he could, something else caught his eye. Sreva had seen that happen many times before, so she did not mind nor did she really care. Instead, she looked to see what she had spotted, a small smile appearing on her face. Though she knew a number of bay horses, she recognized the mare nearly instantly. She was happy to see that Vessel was alive and well, but, surprisingly, not too keen on coming up here to meet with Chem after such a time apart.

Sreva knew something had to have happened for Vessel to move away from the stallion. She wasn't expecting the younger filly to run up to his side and act like Sreva herself had, but to at least come and see him, tell him if she was relieved or angry to find him alive. Instead, Vessel was moving back toward the trees, away from them all like she had somewhere else to be.

Chem called out to the reddish bay, saying he wanted to explain. Sreva gave him a look of sympathy as he stumbled over his words, knowing he must be troubled about something. Did he not want to reveal where he'd been all this time? Had he really run into trouble and was forced to stay away, or did something else happen? She could not be angry right now, not until she knew what it was, so she just stayed calm about it all, smiling at Chem when he looked at her again. She showed her support for the stallion, knowing it was what he needed right now while trying to piece everything back together.

Another mare drew Chem's attention; Sreva knew it was a mare since the stallion often swished his tail like that when he saw a pretty one. The nicker under the breath too, though she didn't know why he did it like that. It wasn't as if she'd get mad or anything that he expressed interest in another mare. It was the way of the wild, most of the time anyway, for a stallion to be attracted to multiple mares, whether in a pure sexual way, or that as well as the desire to add to the herd. The golden mare standing at the edge of the forest was a rather pretty creature, and obviously, Chem thought so too. With his body, he tried to beckon the mare closer, causing Sreva to disguise a chuckle with a cough. She wasn't laughing at him really, the actions of any stallion trying to impress a mare like that just amused her.

The wind shifted, and with it, another scent. Chem was the first to spot the last mare that seemed to be in the immediate area, her blueish coloring standing out clearly against the light green blades of grass that covered the meadow ground. She was rather pretty too, but something nagged in Sreva's head that somehow, somewhere, she knew who that mare was. Whether a passing glance or friendly conversation in the forest one day, she knew.

Chem speaks out loudly once more, proclaiming he'd found somewhere for them to live if they wished to join him and Sreva. While his attention was probably elsewhere, Sreva couldn't help but smile as Chem brushed his muzzle against hers again, lingering against the softness of her fur. She stepped a bit closer to him so that her side was near his, lightly nuzzling the stallion's black nose.

She was content to stay like this, but also wanted to go down and check out those two mares. In her opinion, it seemed Chemdog wanted to as well. So, reluctantly, she pulled away, and beckoned to him, "Come on. Perhaps we can go talk to them, introduce ourselves," she said with a smile, turning and starting to walk back down towards the meadow.

When she got back down, she could tell that the blue mare seemed closer. At least, that was how things seemed from her angle. She could've gone for the golden mare too, but now that she was down at eye level, the gears in her brain were spinning faster than ever. Even from this distance, the blue coloring of the mare seemed even more familiar, pushing her closer to investigate. As the distance between them was closed, Sreva's keen eyes picked out features that she recognized. Dark points, long black mane and tail that seemed to match body color when in the right light, forelock that covered one eye at all times...

Sreva suddenly stopped, her eyes going wide. Was it really her, after all this time? Since proclaiming her desire to go off and explore the other kingdoms to find a home, Sreva was sure she'd never see her again. But here she was, looking healthy and fit, probably not having any luck in the kingdoms but still retaining her good-natured spirit.

With all the features she picked out, Sreva immediately figured out something else; the mare's blue coloring was actually a roan, something that couldn't be seen from this distance. She knew who it was, and could no longer contain her happiness. She bolted for the blue roan mare, the wind whipping her mane and tail behind her as she called out.

"Neoma!" Her whinny was not shrill or loud, just so enough that the mare would be able to hear her. Neoma was one of the very few Sreva considered a friend, the two having met in the forest some time back before the former had gone off to find a home in one of the kingdoms. Sreva had chosen to stay and remain alone, holding out hope for something, someone, she had not really told Neoma about. Hopefully, only good would come from the two meeting if Chem followed her down here.

Once she was close enough, but still giving the roan the personal space she so desired at all times, Sreva threw her head back and gave a little half-rear in excitement. She stomped a few times, smiling at the roan. "Neoma, it's so good to see you. How are you?"

@[Chemdog] @[Naira]

I'm just a poor boy. I need no sympathy.
    ( because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low )

It is strange for him to stray from Pangea. He had so many duties to uphold, people to recruit, children train, but some how he was here, in the meadow, slinking about in the shadows like a ghost among gravestones. Watching, lingering and of course snatching. But today he held himself back, as if he was waiting for something, or perhaps someone?

So the shadow thief sulks, stalking through the meadow concealed, ruby gems flickering in and out of sight, as the tall grasses of the meadow paved his path. Leaving traces of him ever so often, the snapping of a twig, the rustling of sweet everdeen vegetation, and of course the casual nip. He couldn't help himself, it was just his nature t peck flesh off of others, and so he left a blood trail in his wrath as he went forth. Dark chocolate pistons driving him forwards, until he saw someone.

Someone he had been thinking about lately, that dirty son of a bitch Chem. Where the fuck was he and how the fuck did he get here, and why now? Just when he had staked his claim, building up his defenses, his army of pure blood children. So why now? Right when he was in the beginning stages of his empire, the ol' asshole seemed to find himself back into the game again.

Waylan is hesitant to welcome, to embrace his old friend, and mainly he based not to reveal himself. But he had already made it this far might as well make the most of things, and perhaps grab another possible Pangea recruit? So the ghost lingers pondering for a moment before revealing himself in all of his wickedly handsome glory. As he nears, with rough masculine vocals, "Well look what the cat dragged in!" he jokes, a chuckle releasing from those dark lips of his. "It's been quite a while hasn't it Chem?" He grins, flashing a rather charming wink towards many of the nearing females that seemed to engulf the speckled brute.

His crimson, gaze flickering upon Chem's bright azure as he speaks of his new home, and of course this man has been to create his very own empire of his own, but Waylan cannot allow that. So with a sullen roguish grin. "Perhaps you would like to know of my home, I assure you it's far more enticing..." His gaze meets Vessel, and the sea of mares that seemed to surround them. "I live in a land with no laws, a land ruled by the sweet symphony of it's own chaos. I live in pangea." His smile widens, as he curiously glances about, "And trust me Chem, it's just what your looking for." He ends, silence engulfing the group once more, as all eyes seemed to lie upon Chem.

waylan

any way the wind blows        doesn't really matter to me

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

I have never wanted to walk more slowly in my life, and I did walk slowly, not so much so that it was obvious but there was no hustle to my rhythmic march away from Chem. I wanted him to come stop me, wanted him to prove that at least I was right about him caring for me. That at least before it all dissolved away to nothing I was right and that we had something That I didn’t give him my time, my body to just be “another” of his girls. I wasn’t stupid, I knew that teal eyed boy had many he called his… but from what they had been through, I always thought our relationship was a little bit more.  Anyway, I wanted him to come, or at least say something. I knew shouldn’t even bother but I couldn’t help wanting that closure. I’m allowed that. Yes.

I strain for the sound of his voice, though I can’t honestly say I remember it in detail, I am almost out of sight the hill leaving only croup of my back, that tallest spot of my hind visible from the top of the hill when he calls out. “I see you.” It rattled me, that sound, hearing him again brought everything back in a way I wasn’t quite expecting. It is funny the intimacy of a voice, how it can move you. I stop surely he notices that I do, but I still don’t turn around. I am simply frozen there listening for anything else he will say. “If you would come here, Ves, I can try to explain…” I mulled that over noted his inflection and I knew there was something behind it, apprehension? Or maybe regret? I wasn’t sure but I didn’t fully believe he would. Shoot, maybe I was just jaded but I knew I had to be firm; I knew I needed him to come to me this time. I turned around and walked up the hill just far enough so I knew he could see me but I stopped there. I wouldn’t come further to him.

I wasn’t the lost filly in the woods any longer. I wasn’t scared in the darkness, I had been through much darker things now, and I had come through them alone, while raising Chem’s son, Godric. I wouldn’t go backward, and Chem would have to understand. Chem would have to come to me, come find me if he wanted me in his life. If I meant what I thought I did to him he wouldn’t have a problem doing so. There was also this whole “having it out” in front of Svera, and a few other mares that had shown up who were obviously listening in on Chem and this situation. I stood there looking dead at Chem, as he spoke of his new home and I wasn’t sure I cared to know where he was, didn’t want the temptation of curiosity to take me to him first. So before I could fall into that knowledge, I spoke, said my piece. “No Chem. I won’t. I can’t. I won’t hash our business in public like this. And I can’t be the one to come to you, not this time. If mean that much to you...I ever meant anything to you... you’ll find me so we can talk privately."

My voice is calm, it wasn’t hateful, vindictive, or even fictitious. But I wasn’t lighthearted. No, there was a steady firmness to my tone that said I wouldn’t change my mind about this. I held my gaze to his, my expression almost sad like I was recalling what we once were, what we once had. That moment ended however and I turned and left. I knew I would see him again, the question was would it be a random encounter or would it be the purposeful visit I told him we would have to have to discuss things. I didn’t know but I turned and walked away back down the hill, and broke into an easy canter at the base as I headed off to my new home. I didn’t look back, but I knew that seeing Chem again had drummed up all those old feelings again… and I wasn’t sure what I was going to do about them.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

ooc: Not trying to ignore everything else going on, just wanted to wrap up Ves' part in this to alleviate the mass group reply (ma group threads can be tough huh?!). Prism, feel free to have Chem "find" ves for their own thread Smile

Sreva, ever the little roan butterfly, draws a chuckle from him when she tries to drag him out t introduce himself like a gentleman of sorts. He’s not feeling very galant at the moment, to tell the truth. Shade from Vessel is beginning to make his blood it, his stomach twists and his mouth runs dry suddenly. He glares at Vessel as she turns away, her voice lingering, lashing inside of his brain. He snorted but nothing else manifested for her this time. He’d rather stew on this, on her, and then take her away just as he had before. He wont even be stealthy about it, he decides, anyone in the way will be skull-bashed and she will be with him once again.

But first, his glassy eyes find Sreva as she steps away, her voice exclaiming to her apparent friend. Chem stays in place among the dying grasses, standing on the crest of a hill, now alone as Sreva moves off and he does not follow her. "Well look what the cat dragged in!" A familiar voice booms from the distance and Chemdog cannot help the wry smile that squirms comfortably across his black lips. “Well fuck me running!” He lets out a laugh, coming off his fore-feet for a moment as he turns to meet the chocolate stallion. “It has indeed been several whiles, old friend.” He reaches out for a playful bite, something understood as mock aggression between stallions, something only bros can do without pummeling one another (in his experience, anyhow).

A laugh burbles from deep within his chest, enough to make him toss his head back. “Ha,” His voice sharpens, “I’ll be sure to pay it a visit, yes?” He humors him at least and does not try to sell him the River. It is something Waylan would surely discover in time. “But for now brother, I’ll stay where I am.” His face lights with a crooked grin, “I like to keep them where no one can interfere” Ultramarine eyes flit over the scattered women, settling on the roan pair a fleeting second or two.

Chemdog stays as long as it takes to catch up, joke, and maybe even tousle a little. It’s been too long since he’s seen his good friend, a rarity in his life lately. If the chocolate stallion doesn’t know already, Chem tells him of the secret trails to the River. He tells Waylan, among other things, that he shall visit this Pangea very soon. After all this catching up, this brotherly powwow, the shield-chested stallion says goodbye. He will head home, hopefully Sreva at  his side and maybe a few more if they decide to follow.

If his roan companion will come, he collects her and starts his journey to his new home. Vessel’s descent down the hill burning in his mind as he walks quietly along.

chemdog

wrapping up chem's end too <33
    @[Vessel] he will be finding her very soon hehe <:

@[Sreva] if you wanna find him in the river that's cool, join any thread or start a new one, up to you

@[Naira] && @[Neoma] feel free to follow him or just visit in the river if you'd like <33

@[Waylan] Chem will be visiting him or feel free to send Waylan his way c:
    i love these bros , they need to hang out more lol sorry to cut it off but it was getting old and out of control XDD

<33 thanks everyone