• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

can i use you as a warning sign - Nayl, Lior, Castile
    djinni

Ivar is not too young to travel anymore, but Djinni is finally feeling rested, and so she takes advantage of it. The two tobianos appear on the sandy beach a moment after they leave Sylva. It takes only long enough for his eyes to focus before Ivar is running toward the sea, and Djinni stays contentedly on the grey sand to watch him.

He splashes about in the shallows, keeping pace with his mother as the grullo mare makes her way down the beach. She’s not heading anywhere specific, but she is looking forward to seeing a few faces. Her sharp green eyes are alert and focused, a contrast to the colt the gambols playfully in the water, chasing down silver fish and tripping over his long legs.

She wants to find Nayl, to meet the little prince, and to introduce her own son to them. She and the iron queen had met late in life (especially late, in Djinni’s case), but she imagines that having a friendship formed in childhood is an even better thing. She would like Ivar and Castile to become friends, but first she needs to find her own.

all my fragile strength is gone

So i owed Lior a post but it was pre-baby, and i thought maybe a Lior/Nayl/Castile/Ivar thread could solve continuity issues and also be fun Big Grin
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    Nayl had been curious as to how Djinni survived the pregnancy and the delivery. She had briefly flickered across the Queen’s mind after she herself had delivered her son. When her eyes settled on Castile for the first time a wave of relief crossed her. It was a relief that he had been born healthy and strong, and that she no longer had the additional weight.

Djinni must have felt the same way.

Their paths cross again just as they always do. The genie relaxes on the shoreline while her colt splashes in the shallow surf. It doesn’t take long for Nayl to reach her with Castile shadowing her. A smile, genuine and warmer with every reunion, plays across her velvet lips as the distance between them closes. ”It’s funny how our children are the same color,” had her child been a smoky black tobiano, too, if she had coupled with Stillwater instead of Lior? The question hovers non-threateningly in the forefront of her mind before retracting back into the dark corridors where it belongs. There is something more – something greater – that Lior offers to Nayl. They aren’t nearly as dangerous together, but they are powerful. Their child is the product and proof of that.

”What’s his name?” She asks as her fiery eyes follow the boy splashing before tracing back to look at her own son. ”You can play if you want,” but it likely won’t be long until he is beckoned again to truly meet Djinni. He lurches forward, hesitant at first then excitable, and he splashes along with Ivar with a broad, childish smile. For a moment, Nayl simply watches the children until her gaze drifts back to her friend. ”Castile, the prince of Nerine,” and she chuckles lightly because how amusing the title is for two reasons: she is a Queen and mother of a prince, and he is a prince of a matriarchal society which won’t get him far in life.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation