• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE
    Spring was one of Thanata's favorite seasons, if not because of the changing of the land but also because of the promise of new life. Though the tall, thin-but-muscular mare was still a maiden, she adored the little ones running around, playing together as they explored their new home. Foals may be creatures ruled by pure instinct while they were young, but Thanata still thought of them as sweet, innocent ones that needed to be protected. She did not feel any pain as she watched the young ones gallop around with each other, but still did wish for the joy of her own little one someday.

Thanata had gone off to graze alone that day, wanting to spend some time by herself. Tephra had been rather quiet lately, but Magnus seemed on edge, like he had something he wished to discuss with every horse. It wasn't Thanata's place to mention such things in front of him, so she patiently waited for the day when Magnus would reveal what he had to say.

Apparently, she would not have to wait long.

Shortly after the sun crested the peak of the volcano's ridge, Magnus' call echoed throughout the Tephra's land. Thanata's head immediately went up when she heard it, her ears turned in the direction it came from. Seems like he wanted to see everyone today; perhaps he was finally going to reveal the news Thanata suspected he had been keeping in for some time? The Friesian mare started loping toward the meeting place, eager to find out.

Shortly after she and various other residents arrived, Magnus discussed the orders of business for why he had summoned them here. He thanked the residents of Tephra before introducing the newly appointed council members; Head of War, Ellyse, Head of Peace, Lucrezia, and last but not least, Dahmer, a newly appointed council member.

Thanata picked each of their faces out among the gathered, smiling at the news. She was glad these horses had earned their places, for each of them had proven their worth. The mare listened as Ellyse told Magnus of her thanks before stating she would train any of those who sought to learn under her guidance.

The black mare, since she wasn't that far away from Ellyse, stepped closer to the lighter-colored mare, "I will begin training as a diplomat, officially, Ellyse, but I would still like to learn more about fighting so I can do more to protect the fellow residents of Tephra. I would be honored to learn under your guidance, if you would so choose to take me on."

Thanata had never been much of a fighter; it wasn't that she was physically weak, for her overall body form made her quite capable. However, morale-wise, she was definitely a fan of words over hooves. Still, even a quiet one like her needed to learn to protect herself and other members of the Tephra, so she thought it'd be a good idea to learn at least some pointers about how to fight.

Lucrezia also expressed her desire to learn, and Thanata took the chance while the Head of Peace was close by.

"Lucrezia, I will learn to defend myself, however, my main interest is diplomacy. Would you be willing to take me on, to teach me before I go out into the land as a representative of Tephra?" she questioned politely.

Two others also stated their intents of learning the system and becoming a valued member of Tephra. Then, something happened that shocked Thanata to her core.

Magnus... was stepping down. He had officially asked Lucrezia to become the new leader of Tephra. Thanata's eyes widened briefly; she was not appalled at Magnus' choice, she was just surprised that the buckskin was willingly stepping down now. Why did he believe it was his time? He had not been ruling the Tephra that long.

But he seemed willing to let his place go, just as much as Lucrezia was willing to take it on. When the mare stepped up and stated she would be honored to lead, and guide the residents of Tephra, Thanata smiled at the mare. She dipped her head, showing her respect for the new leader, knowing Lucrezia would do good in guiding the kingdom.

"I must say, Magnus, I am surprised, but you have chosen a good successor. Lucrezia," Thanata eyed the newly-appointed leader, "I will follow you, and do my best to protect the kingdom I call home under your guidance."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Ellyse - 03-19-2017, 08:05 PM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Thanata - 03-26-2017, 10:02 AM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Ellyse - 04-01-2017, 01:12 AM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Dahmer - 04-03-2017, 05:05 PM