• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE

He is tired. He can feel it in his body – joints ache and muscles groan in protest when he moves, stiff and lifeless. He needs to rest and to sleep, but he could not reach such luxuries and he neither sought them. So instead he fills his days and nights with attempts of memorizing Tephra to its every detail, learning each trail and path within his new kingdom, just like he used to map the night sky and its constellations, the stars’ names and their stories.

Warrick was still a stranger to Tephra. He is distant from the others and he is aware. He continues to fight a demon that no one knew about, kept tucked in closely so that he could attempt to appear more than he truly was. He keeps to himself, wandering the scenery of Tephra with the purpose to understand the land more. If anyone had wished to find him, nightly he would try to climb the highest point and stare into the stars when he thought no one was watching.

The bay stallion, laced with tips of indigo blue, appears obediently when Magnus calls for them. He finds them easily (hours spent researching the landscape gave him quite the ability to move quickly) and approaches them quietly with a soft whicker to announce his presence. His cobalt eyes find Magnus first, and with a slight nod of his head gives the buckskin stallion a silent greeting. His leader commands the small crowd of horses that have clustered together, asking for their input or concerns. As he speaks Warrick’s gaze wanders, and he realizes that there were many unfamiliar faces around him. His jaw clenches tightly, desperately searching for a recognizable face and understanding he should not only be studying the landscape, but also the inhabitants.

His dark blue eyes do find another, and it was at the same moment that Magnus had spoken her name. When Ellyse is introduced, Warrick finds her gaze and gives her a slight bob of his head in recognition, a hint of a smile on his lips. Well, at least he knew two of the crowd. She speaks of training and to seek her out. The stallion’s skin pricks at the idea of fighting, but he could not decipher if it was from excitement or hesitation.

The next to be introduced was no one that Warrick had seen before, but he wish that he had. She had brilliantly beautiful wings at her sides, scattered with markings unlike Warrick had ever seen before. His gentle blue eyes carefully take in her appearance, a single ear tipped towards Magnus as he introduces her. A nod was given in her direction and he listens intently as she speaks, curious. He wonders if he could be of benefit with her, as he was keen with words and expression. It was interesting to him how the kingdom works, but he felt himself becoming more and more familiar with their proceedings. Once Lucrezia’s gaze finds Magnus’, Warrick does the same.

He then realizes that they were expecting him to speak. Caught unawares, Warrick clears his throat uncertainly and lowers his head slightly, kind eyes searching each of the equines before him. “I’m Warrick,” he introduces himself confidently, though softly. “I’m still a stranger to Tephra, but day by day I have felt like it is becoming a place that I can call home.” He pauses, glancing at Magnus with a genuine smile. Warrick is quiet and reserved naturally, but he feels like Magnus knows that the stallion was fiercely loyal to those who do good to him and that, whenever it was needed, he would stand up beside him and defend Tephra – in whatever way that may be.

“I hope to learn each and every one of your names, as well as the ability to call you friend. I haven’t done much lately - ” A sudden pause, ever so discreet but there, his heart stopping as he knows the reason as to why he hasn’t been proactive. He tosses his head to rid the thought, “ – but I’d like to see what I could do to help better this land.” He nods knowingly to Magnus, and then lets his gaze find Ellyse, and then Lucrezia. He would seek them out later, interested in learning the ins and outs of the kingdom’s politics and fancying the idea of finding yet another distraction to keep him busy.

w a r r i c k

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Ellyse - 03-19-2017, 08:05 PM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Warrick - 03-21-2017, 06:07 AM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Ellyse - 04-01-2017, 01:12 AM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Dahmer - 04-03-2017, 05:05 PM