• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

any;

Damn.
    What the hell..

Seriously?

He had them fanned out, staring at the shoulder and elbow of them, tightly overlapping feathers like a flat, plated armor. The rim of them were a sooty sort of brown that dusted away into a lighter, warmer color. Bit like a hare, or something. ...Ok, no. He did not just compare himself to a bunny, ok? That's ridiculous. They were just, you know, lighter and crap. Paler.

Anyway.

Then there were these dark, espresso brown feathers about halfway down that splayed out like reaching fingers, all sharp-looking. You know, both meanings of 'sharp;' The snazzy one and the bladed one. What? They looked kinda cool. But still.

These were not his wings.

He retracted and stretched, retracted and stretched. Gave them a good flap or two. And not once did they change. Not even a stupid little shimmer. Where the hell was the fire licking the edges? Or the leather of some mythical beast? Or the sharp claws, or the black and sturdy fabric he could fold over him like a cloak? And where the hell was Aleksandr.

Alek?

They didn't really stay side-by-side or anything, so it wasn't too strange for him not to be here. It still kinda sucked though. He'd never tell him that, of course. But he folded his wings in and started walking. Pretty much if there was a forest nearby that's where he'd find him. Alek had a sort of wild side in him, you know. And it sort of preferred the cover of trees and the feel of bark, and probably a good bit of tasting blood. Wild side.

He wasn't really sure if he had a wild side, himself. Sort of just.. tried to keep his brother's in check. Keep him out of trouble and whatnot. Not always easy to do. Alek? No forest here though. Maybe further.

dominik
    Tyrna

Like a shadow dancing on the edge
    Tyrna rarely leaves the familiar comfort of the redwoods that comprise the Taiga, but with the whispered promise of spring she can hardly resist soaking up the sunshine in the meadow. The last pale days were behind them, and nothing but beautiful golden days lay ahead. So it is with determination that she leaves her home and wanders out into the lush fields of the meadow.

The sun shines weakly on her steel hide, brightening the strands of her ghost pale mane, and casting a long shadow on the knee high grasses. She stops every now and then to nibble on the tender shoots and sip from the myriad of ponds that seem to dot the landscape. It is so relaxing out here where the sun hangs high and unfiltered, and thoughts of ice and evergreens are pushed to the back of her head under it's gaze. She is so lost in the moment that she nearly bumps into the stallion walking towards her.

"I'm sorry!" she gasps out as she regains her composure. Studying the bay with a curious eye, she gives him a once over to make sure she hasn't done any damage. Satisfied that he is indeed intact, she smiles warmly at him, giving the sun a run for it's money."I'm not the Alek you were looking for, but you can call me Tyrna." She watches the way his wings flutter at his sides like creatures of their own. She is filled with a pang of bittersweet jealousy as she watches them. She misses her wings nearly as much as she misses her former home and family, though the wings seemed to do more for her towards the end.

"Do you want company while looking for your friend?"

Silver dapple sabino|Mare|Andalusian Hybrid

Ok, it was starting to piss him off a little. God, he could just sense that Alek was off somewhere needing a good throttling and he sure as hell would get one when Dominik figured out why the hell he needed it. You know what, no. He didn't need to know what it was, Alek was getting it anyway. He was sure he could think up a reason for him to deserve it after the fact if he had to. Damn, that cat could never keep himself out of trouble.

And what the hell was up with these wings!? Fucking change already!

He smacked right into a warm body as he's staring at the defective things, rebounding off with a jerk of his wing to point the sharp blade of it directly at her throat. Or.. apparently to tickle her with a feather. Well, that's annoying. He frowned at it, shaking it out like you might shake a flashlight to magically get the dead batteries to come back to life as she started jabbering away about who-the-hell-knows-what. Goddamn, not even a flicker of change! What the hell.

Then that silvery sort of voice managed to win his attention again. "Do you want company while looking for your friend?" What? He blinked at her, a little incredulous and maybe a lot confused. Friend? What friend? Oh, Alek. Right. Hah, yeah, not exactly a friend.

He shook his head, his naturally tousled hair bouncing with the movement and the heat in his eyes slightly dimming. His agitation wasn't directed at her, anyway. But he didn't explain himself further, why would he? Need a forest, preferably the nearest one. Got an eye for that? Or general direction?

Ok, so logic might point out that he's got these wings -even if their currently malfunctioning- and he could just lift himself up and get a view, or even fly where he wanted to, right? But he didn't much like flying. It's a little disturbing knowing all your goodiebits are hangin' out for the world to see -its a bird, its a plane, oh no its one hell of a well-endowed naked man- It's not like he was a prude or anything. Or maybe he was a little.

Whatever. It's just fucking awkward. And he wasn't blushing.

Forest? he prompted.

dominik
    Tyrna

Like a shadow dancing on the edge
    She watches him in all his mumblings and watched the way his hair floated in the breeze before her eyes once more drifted to his wings. Her blue eyes slowly traveled the contours of his body, taking in his smaller frame while he was distracted by some inner thought. She hadn't met many other equines since she had been awake and her naturally friendly nature was starting to come out. She laughed lightly when he finally blinked up at her seemingly roused from whatever had been distracting him.

"Need a forest, preferably the nearest one. Got an eye for that? Or general direction?"

His request is a simple one though garbled, and she finally comes to the realization that perhaps this man had been a bit touched in the head by the fairies. They had been known to cause as many burdens as boons, and it would explain his disjointed thoughts and the odd way he stared at his wings as though they didn't belong to him. She smiles softly and warmly at him, softening her tone as though she spoke to a child.

"Of course I can help you find the forest." she stops herself just before she tacks 'little one' to the end of her statement. She didn't want to insult the lad when he was trying so hard. "I will also help you find your friend, we don't want you getting lost in these woods now do we?" Tyrna's eyes sparkled like cut glass in the warm spring sunlight as she watched the unnamed stallion in front of her, compassionate mirth lighting up her face.

"Whenever you're ready just follow me, and stay close ok? I don't want to see you get hurt."

Silver dapple sabino|Mare|Andalusian Hybrid

Those glittery, blue eyes of hers fell to his wings and he fought not to shift uncomfortably, unsettled by her scrutiny. She couldn't know they were damaged. Not from just looking at them, anyway. To her, they probably just looked like any other old pair of bird's appendages, but he knew the truth, felt the gaping lack in them. The bastard things wouldn't shift anymore. One day they worked fine, and the next they didn't.

And Alek was nowhere to be found. He'd think his brother had something to do with it if the punk had any sort of such powers, but no. Aleksandr was just a dumb cat, really, out for a lay in the sun maybe. Or someone's bed. A damn good-looking cat, though. Got all the looks in the family with women shedding like stray hairs from his sleek, panther coat. Sexy bastard.

Not this woman, obviously, because she was here with him. Not with him, he didn't have the same affect that Alek had, but you know. Here. Where Alek wasn't. And... apparently checking him out or something. Which was ridiculous because they only did that with Alek. But definitely staring way too hard at places that were not his face.

So he brought her attention back, asked after the nearest forest. She got this weird ass, stupid grin on her face, all doe-eyes and sweet. Of course, he was immediately wary and his brows pinched in a frown, dark-gold eyes narrowed. Her face went all soft, and her voice too, as she said, "Of course I can help you find the forest. I will also help you find your friend, we don't want you getting lost in these woods now do we?"

Ok, what the fuck was wrong with this lady? Did she not see the muscle-tone of his body and the age in his face? Sure, he was a little shorter than her, she's a tall one, yeah, but seriously. He wasn't a gangly little colt, he was a grown-ass man. Maybe she was crazy or something, a little knocked loose in the noggin, shorted circuits and misfires. Who was he to judge?

"Whenever you're ready just follow me, and stay close ok? I don't want to see you get hurt."

He rolled his eyes. Yeah, okay lady. Whatever. Just get me to the damn forest so I can find my brother. He put on his best Alek-like smile, all charm and suave, and dipped his head a little as he stretched out a wing in invitation. After you, sweet and smooth like warm honey, even if his eyes did flash a little in irritation, patience thinning.

dominik