• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's got the best of me; zor (M? idek, Diz is in it, so...)

do something about it
    So wrapped up in the turbulent storm that was his mind and the need that so often drives him, he'd blinded himself to her own needs. Assumed she would catch fire and burn with him together as they so often had before. But at once, the path of his kisses and grooming is halted as she slips under his neck, severing his touch from her delicious skin. At last, he blinks to clear the haze caused by his desires and meets her eyes to measure her thoughts. The kiss she places to his cheek is warm and welcome, and he turns his face to her to brush his lips over hers. So soft, like velvet, sending trickles all through his body, making him shiver a bit.

And then she speaks, and her voice makes him inwardly pull back. Just hold her? "Of course.." Of course, although there is a touch of confusion in his tone, questions burning his mind. Just hold her. He does, wrapping her up all snug and tight, resting his head on her back just behind her withers. His breathing slows, but mind races. Confused, a bit disappointed, frustration looming. All these new feelings, with his desire for her stronger than ever. But just hold her. Sure, whatever she needs. He reminds himself (forcefully and regretfully) that there is plenty of time for them to enjoy each other. That enjoying her doesn't always have to mean with sex. She's pregnant now, perhaps her body aches in other ways she isn't used to, that he couldn't understand. He swallows the thought that being better could mean being a little less selfish and greedy. So, he melts into her, savoring the feel of her body against his in this way, unassuming and simply warm and accepting. Even if he is still tamping down his urges.

If there were ever a set of words that could effectively and utterly break him, she found them then. He tenses as she opens up, absorbing every word along with the caress of her cheek to his shoulder. He tenses because neither of them is good at this thing with words and feelings and tenderness. It is not typical of them, and he is unaccustomed to the way his heart pounds violently in answer to her, this tightness in his chest that rises to his throat and threatens to choke him. He pulls back, though still wrapped around her, but enough so he can see her and she could see him and the way he burns for her through his eyes.

Love. Such an intense and passionate thing. Of course. Of course that's what this was ravaging inside him. His deep voice cracks a little at first with the tightness in his throat, but he forces the words he'd never once spoken. Never once fully understood, til now. "I love you." And oh, holy hell, there it was out loud. The truth of it spirals down to the very core of him, shocking and wild and dispelling the tension inside him. A small bubble of a laugh escapes him. "Beautiful disaster." Chuckling, he presses into her more, chin brushing over her hair as she falls asleep. "I love you, and I always will."

It takes forever for him to fall asleep. With so many thoughts and the realization of the root of his feelings, rest seems like some distant notion. But he contents himself with Diz so close, for hours wrapped in this warm embrace. Happy. Until she wakes up to kiss him and leaves. He isn't sleeping, not really, but he lets her go, sensing her need to be alone for a while. He misses her warmth almost immediately, but he couldn't deny his own need for rest and time to wrap his mind around the fact that he loves her, deeply, and is actually happy. Excited for the life growing inside her.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-16-2017, 01:56 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-16-2017, 11:55 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-20-2017, 11:26 AM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-21-2017, 07:08 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-30-2017, 01:10 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-30-2017, 07:59 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 04-03-2017, 10:35 AM