• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's got the best of me; zor (M? idek, Diz is in it, so...)
    Dizzy wasn’t oblivious to the direction Zor’s thoughts were headed. How could she be, as familiar as she was with his touch? She knew the fervor of his kisses, the drag of his teeth along her skin, the way he pulled her body against his like he couldn’t get enough of her. She knew the weight of him on top of her, the way he gripped her hips just so, knew the way they fit together as he drove himself into her, the heights they reached, the heights they could reach again.

And yet.

God, all she wanted was to wrap herself up in his arms and let him hold her. Curl her body into his, rest her head on his shoulder, and sleep. She wanted his warmth wrapped around her like a blanket, even if she was a damn furnace these days. And tired, she was so fucking tired. Any other day the brush of his lips against her skin, the firm press of his body, those hot little love bites would have set her on fire. She’d have been writhing beneath him by now, grinding against him and begging him for more.

But all she had in her today was the warmth of home that bloomed in her chest as he touched her belly, as he murmured a quiet endearment against the growing curve. Precious. A soft smile spread across her lips, answering his own as she turned her head to look into his eyes. He was right. They’d do a better job than their parents had. They might not always get it right, but they would do a damn sight better than the example they’d had.

Not that it would take much.

Soft, so soft, when had she gotten so soft? Dizzy slipped closer to Zor and ducked under the curve of his neck, reaching up to press a quiet little kiss to his cheek before curling into him. “Hold me?” she asked, her voice gentle in a way that made her feel almost like a stranger to herself. “Will...Zor, love, will you just hold me?” And god but she hated the quiet vulnerability in the question, hated the way her heart ached knowing she was disappointing him, not giving him what he needed, not meeting him in the middle of the fire in his blood.

But it didn’t stop her from leaning into him and losing herself in the strength of his embrace, in the warmth that lit up her chest as he held her close and made her feel safe. Home. He’d always been her home, since he was so damn little. Since he was the one tucked up against her chest while their mother chased hopelessly after their father. Her home, her best friend, her soft little teddy bear, the one she held tight and clung to when she felt all alone.

“You know I love you, right?” she whispered, a tremor in her voice as she rubbed her cheek against his shoulder. “More than...more than I’ve ever had the words to say. I’ve never been good at the feelings thing, you know? But I love you, Zor. Always.” Another soft little kiss, her lips brushing against the crook of his neck, before she gave into the weight of exhaustion and finally, finally fell asleep.

Her sleep was plagued with dreams, fleeting images she couldn’t quite remember when she woke in the night with a soft gasp, her pulse racing, heart aching in her chest. Pressing a gentle kiss to Zor’s forehead, she slipped away into the dark. She thought best on the move, always had. And god, but she had some shit to figure out, didn’t she? Like how the fuck to keep everyone she loved from getting hurt. It wasn’t just the three of them that would suffer if she fucked it all up now. There was a whole new life depending on her to get it right. And god, but she was so much better at breaking things.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-16-2017, 01:56 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-16-2017, 11:55 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-20-2017, 11:26 AM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-21-2017, 07:08 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-30-2017, 01:10 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-30-2017, 07:59 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 04-03-2017, 10:35 AM