• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

luster
    Stillwater
    Almost immediately, her eyes left his to look at the forest, through the forest. To the boundary and beyond where he cant follow. His eyes sharpened just as his chest knotted up, thick and tangled in a strange.. fear? Worry? Apprehension. Why would she look that way? Why would he get the sudden sense that she wanted to flee from him? As though she were looking for her escape.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Her starlight voice was so shattered, so scattered in the air between them like the stars she so often creates. He frowned, confused and uncertain. Had she thought on what she knew of him and become afraid of him? Had she learned of his hunger, learned to fear him as she should? She definitely should. Somehow, he didn't feel ready for that. Didn't feel ready for her to walk away.

He hadn't even gotten to taste her yet.

"Djinni told me, Stillwater," and this didn't ease his worries in the least. Only made them worse. Djinni was the only one who -well. Karaugh knew his hunger, but Djinni knew the most about him. About everything he kept so hidden from the world. She was always pushing him, always driving it out of him for her to see. She had seen too much. She had gotten too much of it and was avoiding him now. He hoped she had learned to fear him.

"You should have told me, don't I deserve at least that?" Damn and if he wasn't feeling conflicted. He would never tell anyone about himself, not even her. If they ever saw it, his true nature, the secret died with them. That was the way of things, always. Djinni knew too much; he should have killed her. His face was hard, his eyes swirling to the eager gray that knew these truths, knew what he must to do continue his survival. And then she spoke again, and struck him as if slapped, and his eyes flashed back to the dark blue-gray. "She is pregnant with your child, she loves you, and you let me--"

It was good that she stopped talking then, because he wouldn't have heard it anyway. He could only stare at her in shock and a wild look in his eyes he couldn't even try to mask. She WHAT? No, it wasn't possible. Well, obviously it was possible, but it shouldn't have happened. It wasn't - they weren't.. They hadn't meant to- Damn it! God, if he could just close his eyes and pinch the bridge of his nose, wish it all away. He wasn't even aware that she was talking again as he heard himself groan, or maybe growl.

But a touch at his wrist -at his chain, his tether, his prison, brought him back again with a start. He watched with hard eyes as she tried to lift it, tested the impossible weight. His teeth clenched tight, bitter emotions crashing through him, but he said nothing. Then she was rising, touching those pink lips to the line of his jaw and making his eyes close. "You shouldn't be out so far," she said, brushing across his nose before pulling away.

But he didn't want her to pull away. And he tried to follow. And every limb moved forward toward her but that one, weighed down and firmly secured to this land. He still couldn't reach her, just wanted to reach her. The predator rattled a frustrated growl from his throat, only to end in a pathetic keening whine and claiming is face in sorrow as it shut his eyes again. Don't leave, it didn't say in words. "Stillwater.. what are you doing out here?"

He swallowed the deep gravel of his natural voice, of the evil spirit, the creature, and called on the seductively smooth man's voice. I came for you, he whispered, his tone heavy with defeat. She was running away, wasn't she? Running from what he'd done. She wouldn't come back. Why did that ache so deeply. He didn't even want to think of what she said before, not yet, because this felt like goodbye. A terrible, painful goodbye. She was leaving him. And he was helpless to stop her.

His eyes were still closed when he spoke again, barely above a whisper.
    Don't go.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    luster - by Stillwater - 03-13-2017, 06:24 PM
    RE: luster - by luster - 03-14-2017, 02:25 AM
    RE: luster - by Stillwater - 03-16-2017, 05:43 PM
    RE: luster - by luster - 04-16-2017, 08:45 PM
    RE: luster - by Stillwater - 04-30-2017, 10:14 PM