• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

soar sights that preyed on me for days - (graveside)

If you see a light at the end - it’s just the sun in your eyes

My eyes were diluted to ash against her bleak twilight that filtered through my night’s once flawless black. The glow outlined my body. Its luminous touch had forsaken my night’s embrace that once melted into me. For days I’ve craved the pressure of her caress and now… when the blackness engulfs my being there is nothing. I felt nothing; I was numb. I could not return to the former habit of simply existing with her, no. The moment I acknowledged her touch - I was corrupt.

The darkness that falls was no longer pleasing causing my awe to stray. Tonight seemed cold as the moisture that fainted to the ground hardened it. It was too much effort as my claws tried to anchor into a more sealed posture. My weight gave in to a shift, fracturing the hardened vile that collected along the side that I now leaned against. The filth smothered into the ground, ironically creating a makeshift shadow of my being in the night.

She tormented me in ways the blight could not - it was in my mind. I was so lost, at times I would forget the creature next to me. It followed me like I had once followed her. Once created by my night - everything I had coveted dissolved; therefore I discarded any notice of it (the child). Like a parasite leeching onto an inadequate host - it suffered. It was so frail that its hollowed breathes were heavy with effort. I had wondered if it would die like myself or escape it like its mother.

The young splintered my limbs with its prickly teeth… maybe it was curious to move me. In my own curiosity - I threw my weight towards it and watched it fall so softly into the hard ground. The young’s drop sent cinders into the air that collected onto our moist bodies; developing a modest contrast of us against the dark. My awe of the child was slightly mused with pity, but there was not a function in me that could attend to it. I did not know what it required to live. Its breathes now drew in with shorter intervals. I would soon get my answer.

For now, I was lost to thought. My hearing drowned out of the sounds of the child’s whine. I wanted to render a moment of my adore, and her beautiful blackness. But this act was defeated by the obsession of her blackly impressions. This forbade a lack of purpose. My night had fed me with a sensation on my flesh. I felt the pressures and moments of time that allotted each new feel. Now, time stands still. My beloved leaves me deprived and empty.

The bats have left the bell tower

The victims have been bled

I shiver in the dark. The seeping black has filled my eyes and my lungs. My tormet, my pregnancy has changed me. I no longer need him. THe child, our daughter, is perfect in every way. Slick black, well formed, beautiful.

She has not inherited the color of my hair, changed since my pregnancy. He will be pleased that she is as dark as a moonless night. My gray eyes seek the hollow depths of his. He does not speak to me. Was it disappointment? Was is repulsion? Perhaps regret.

I nose our tiny daughter, the roughness of my tongue encouraging her, willing her up. I watch him carefully, sight of fangs or flashing hooves would drive me for his throat, knowing I could not stop him but I would still try. "Nimfa." I coo the word breathlessly into the child's ear, sighing raggedly from the sheer exhaustion of birth.

graveside

(i am so sorry it's so short! i have to get back into the swing with her <3)

If you see a light at the end - it’s just the sun in your eyes

A voice succeeded with a soft chime. I acknowledged her sound as it flashed; she was here. Black eyes swarmed to the origination of her melody - to find her blackest self right beside me. Her delicate and feminine tune was so faint - I had almost lost it. Despite holding onto her single word - I did not understand of what it was - Nimfa.

I could only watch my night as she nurtured the child that crumbled at my feet. My beloved summoned it to stand as if were a marionette doll - standing tall as if it had a moment of strength. It was our creation - I just could not accept how we could make something so feeble. So mortal.

”My night…”

An urge to touch her black dark flesh lingered just beneath the surface, yet, there was something that deferred me. Her shadowed presence was so perfectly aligned with the time of her obscurity - it was an image of something I long desired; and it suddenly appeared.

”The young creature has needs that the others consume for life.

My vocals procured vibrations from my throat, expelling a rich statement that sank from my lips - heavy with the blight that collected since my last exchange.

”It can not stay here with us.”

I watched as the child affectionately gnawed at its mother’s side - it knew her. My night’s aura had an influence over her fellowship - she simply needed to exist to satisfy me.