• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wish I could feel it all for you; Pollock/Any
    I wish I could feel it all for you, I wish I could do it all for you

So far she has had little use for her powers since Harmonia restored them; a tug at the web of time around her here and there simply to reassure herself that she can, a couple of ghosts that lurk around, but more than an actual need to use her powers is the overwhelming feeling of relief of having them. But still it is her first instinct when he appears in the corner of her vision to snatch at those threads of time, to force time itself to slow while she tenses, prepared to skitter away from the threat, ears pinned to her head.

But even in slow motion it is clear that he does not lunge at her, does not threaten beyond his appearance, and Kellyn lets time slide back into its rightful path before he speaks, inhaling slowly and allowing herself to unfreeze, though the rigidness does not entirely leave her form. She knows nothing about the residents of this place besides Harmonia, but she knows enough. From the magician’s words, from the scents that linger in the air; it is enough to make it clear that monsters dwell here. The little mare sweeps a long look over the stranger, before lifting green eyes to his red. True red, and she clamps down on the urge to shiver.

A tiny voice in the back of her head whispers, what have you gotten yourself into?, but Kellyn ignores it, and counts herself grateful that her self-appointed spirit guide ancestors haven’t yet found her here. She is quite sure that this isn’t what either of them imagined when she promised to not be like her mother.

Before she can decide if it’s worth answering him, another joins them. The strawberry girl gives him just as long of a look, lingering for a moment on his impressive horns, his single wing, his dark gaze. Thankfully not red, but certainly not friendly. “Someone,” she says at last, eyeing both stallions. “My name is Kellyn. Harmonia restored my powers, and I swore fealty to the King for two years in return. I’m looking for him.” Despite her circumstances, a quite small mare looking at two stallions who aren’t doing anything to make her feel comfortable, Kellyn’s words are calm and almost sweet in their tone, a smile slipping onto her face as if this is an everyday conversation.

Without her powers, Kellyn had been alone and afraid. With them, she is afraid of very little.

Kellyn
    the girl who walks in time and talks to ghosts
    daughter of cagney and elite

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wish I could feel it all for you; Pollock/Any - by Kellyn - 03-02-2017, 09:22 PM