• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my dear sweet nothing, let's start anew; ashley

The gentle wafting of the tall grassblades was the only thing that kept him here on the mainland.

A wind was blowing, and it was moving the thick and wild grasses as a wave—the mystical sound of water crashing upon rock becoming as music to the disturbed red man’s ears. His hair was tangled in and amongst with sea life, and he snorted in the scent of the vegetation before he lowered his head to pull upon them by the root, ingesting them into his mouth. Such sustenance was not as common for him these days; having developed a taste for the tropical plants on the Island.

But by the All-mother, he had spent more time here than at home, running from a certain red appaloosa woman, and trying to find a loud-mouth iron man who has done terrible deeds, leaving a woman in tatters and children in his wake.

The only peace that Ashley has known in these past months is during quiet times like these, where he is able to focus, think—and eat.

A ruffle of feathers breaks his reverie, and his golden amber eyes make sight of another—one who, like he, appears to be seeking peace. He snorts, shifting his own wings closer to his body, and he is turned his attention to the red lady. He stands on guard, noting what happened the last time he made an acquaintance in a young girl—not wishing that fate upon anyone.

And yet, while the bone-spined pup was out looking for Kerberos while Ashley could not, the ginger colored man found that he still could not move his mind much further. If he was not thinking about Marlyn, then he was thinking about Wallace. And both situations disturbed his mood in such a way that when Dovev came to him begging for more lessons upon the planes, Ashley found his release. His thoughts were black, but he tried to push them away for the time being, slowly approaching company.

Nobody wants to be alone forever.

“Hello.” Short and to the point, and yet he was suspicious. He had a feeling that these meetings he was beginning to have were far from coincidental.

ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my dear sweet nothing, let's start anew; ashley - by Ashley - 02-20-2017, 05:23 PM