• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

paint it black; any
    I look inside myself
    The dark male can feel the edges of his lips turning, lifted without effort to quirk a slightly crooked, rather small, smile. He can not recall ever hearing that he had exceeded anyone's expectations. For so many years, he had been a slave to his father...in every aspect he had been abused...beaten...made to feel less than zero.

His silver eyes seem hazy, drifting and lost in a past that he kept locked away tightly. It had been some months since he had caught sight or scent of Gunsynd. Good riddance you fucking bastard...

Suddenly...suddenly he is painfully aware of the tension in his gritted jaw, the way his muscles are bunched with suppressed anger and pain. The stormy eyes clear and look to the smaller woman who still stood searching his features. "Oh." The word breaks him away and forces him back to the present. Long lashes fall over the mercury irises as he shuts it all away one again. Carli"s coy, passive tone draws him away from his mind's eyes and he focuses upon her womanly features. She reminds him of a willow, lush, knowing, forever present. Her eyes have seen far more than he, she has known more than he could even imagine. The dark male cocks his head slightly as the matted tangles of his mane shake loose against the tightness in his neck.

"Carli." Her name, much more playful and perhaps, intimate. She offers something more than just a name but an invitation to a friendship. Lior could use a friend despite his typical demeanor. Most declare him anti-social, cantankerous and spitting. "Nice to meet you, Carli." The words that flit from his lips like dusty moths echo with a small tug of a smile to the slightest edges of his lips. "And so, have you found what you are looking for?" He doesn't mean to muse. Lior is not a playful creature. He asks with a straight eye, plucking at the fibers of her features, the electricity in her brain. There is more that twiddles between her ears but perhaps in time they could come to understand one another if her offer of friendship was one of truth, of genuine sincerity.

...something he had not experiences in many years.
    And see my heart is black
    Charlemagne
    TOUCH MY OWN SKIN
    AND HOPE THAT IM STILL BREATHING
    The tips of a smile start to twist at her mouth, and she takes another calculated step towards the man. His thick tangled hair fell in front of his face, and she had the instinctual urge to reach up and brush it away again so she could see his beautiful face. But she refrained, instead choosing to labor in her mind over the distance between their bodies. He smiles small and looks down as he asks a question that causes the breath to get caught in the back of her throat. …have you found what you’re looking for?

Had she? She had merely been using this forest as what she thought was a route to the Dale. Trees that had never been here in her time. She had learned so much—and lost so much—in those moments, only to gain a loss of words and a beautiful dark man in the woods who she found that she only wanted to see more of.

Could power wait? Could her magic wait? No—not her magic… but perhaps her plans could be put off a time. Some things were more important. A life time of goals, only to be upset in this small moment. Or maybe a bunch of small moments that had melded together—a brokenhearted woman who meets a brokenhearted man.

Maybe.

“I came this way to revisit my memories, but I think that from now on,”she pauses…, tilting her head to look up at Lior. “I shall be looking for more ways to make you smile—it looks good on you.”

Carli has not attempted to flirt in many years—but this man, who has seemed so battered, continues to strive for good life. A man who has not smiled in such a long time, and looks so good doing it.

But are they too broken? Carli says her piece, and lets the wind carry off her words before turning back in the direction she had come from. The breeze kicks up and sends her mane and tail flying like a dark halo around her head. Wild and free, she has strived to run from places just like this.

But without power was she?

Just a girl in black leather boots.

Better make the best of a lost life. Maybe its time that Charlemagne try to make her own self happy for a change. Herself, and perhaps another.

Perhaps Lior.

Making him happy could get addicting.
    I HAD A WAY THEN LOSING IT ALL ON MY OWN
    I HAD A HEART THEN BUT THEN QUEEN HAS BEEN OVERTHROWN
    html by call

I look inside myself
    It was almost instinctual to feel the tug a smirk on his dark face when she speaks of the way a smile altered his typically stoic features. This mare was charming in a way he had yet known. She spoke coyly with a glint of humor in her eye. Lior finds her company comfortable, a lightness in the air. Silver eyes watch the way her own lips turn upward in a perfectly formed bow.

He wants to believe Carli is as transparent as himself. Why would she be anything more than what stood before him? 

And then in effort to support Nerine and possibly help a new friend, he decides to ask. "Carli, I am from Nerine. If you should like, we have plenty of room..." His voice, low and gravely, but stumbling in a quiet awkwardness but he attempts to collect his fleeting words. "You're welcome in my home if should find yourself wanting a change of scenery." Lior speaks fluidly after a short pause. She doesn't have to say yes but it felt good to offer Nerine to  a possible newcomer. (He has no way of knowing her age but she is a new face to him.) Mercury filled eyes watch her as his lips return to the typical straightness that they usual held for a short moment before he broke the gaze to look through the woods at the sound of cawing crows.
    And see my heart is black