• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Jinju
    My heart saw the things that my eyes couldn't see

He is not done with the meadow. Not even close. In his youthful frame of mind, he could easily spend days exploring this place. The animals and foliage, the plethora of horses that call this place home, the newcomers and residents alike. It is incredible in a way that can only be so to those of a youthful disposition. And he is most certainly in solid possession of a youthful disposition.

On the surface, there is nothing particularly unique about him. He of a medium stature, with the bony frame and knobby, long legs of a foal. His coat is a dull red with white speckled throughout to create a rather nice roaning in a strawberry hue. A bold strip of white decorates his small, delicate head and additional white upon three of his four legs. All in all, nothing terribly special. Just another colt in a world oft filled with colts.

No, it is that which cannot be seen that makes him quite the interesting little guy. Things he is still too young to understand fully, but also things with which he likes to test and toy. So, despite the sweltering heat of the summer sun, one can often catch him with a swirl of snow and ice dancing about him. Snowflakes and icicles that quickly melt beneath the humid warmth, and just as quickly replaced by those newly fashioned.

At this particular moment, he can be found knee deep in a small pond, nut brown gaze fixed intently upon the water’s surface as a sheen of ice stretches slowly across the still shallows. Despite the relentlessness of the bright sun and the cloudlessness of the blue sky, that thin sheet inches determinedly onward, spider-webbing across the water until a goodly portion of the pond has been covered.

Releasing a breath he hadn’t known he was holding, young Fox eyes his handiwork, lopsided grin pasted to his features, even as it begins to melt away without the supernatural aid he provides.

Fox

@[~Sapphire~]
    Jinju
    She had always preferred the forest over the meadow. Or not always, it had only been like that after she had been pulled from the Jungle. But honestly, she didn’t remember much of the life she had before that. Jinju knew that Lexa of the Jungle wasn’t her real mother, yet she doesn’t remember anything else but that. Like that she doesn’t remember the Reckoning all that well, except for the fire that had raged behind her when she had fled the mountain. Ever since, well, she had learned to prefer the shelter the forest offered to her. The forest, Jungle or Taiga, to Jinju it didn’t matter.

After all, it was not like she needed the Jungle’s heath to keep herself warm. And the Taiga was the complete opposite of her former home, but the vegetation and trees still made her feel at home. The meadow, however, was like an empty void to her. Whenever she ventured the meadow, she always stuck close to the treeline, ready to dash back into the safeness that would bring her home. Today is different. Not only does the black girl, as she had yet to become a woman, feel more confident with the summer’s heath all around her, there is something that had caught her eyes.

Slowly she edges closer, her ruby gaze upon the red child that seemed too  focussed to notice her approach. She kept silence, as to not break his focus, just watching him work his magic a little away from him. ”Just what I needed” she speaks up with a playful grin once he relaxes. The ice melts right in front of their eyes but it doesn’t stop Jinju from inching closer, her head dipping towards the water which is fresh and cool. ”A perfectly cooled drink.”

He is too engrossed in his task to notice the approach of another. Indeed, it so completely escapes him that when she speaks from the shore of the pond, he starts quite violently.

Unfortunately for him, the floor of the pond is quite slick. A fact that causes him to lose his footing all too easily. He splashes into the very recently chilled water, all flailing limbs and wide brown eyes. He resurfaces easily enough, given that the water had come barely to his knees, but the astonishment on his sputtering, soaked features must really be quite hilarious.

He scrambles to his feet, stumbling as quickly to dry ground as he is physically able before shaking himself quite like a dog. Or a fox, as it were. Finally, he lifts his gaze to eye the source of his recent dunking. A girl, all black with red eyes, who appeared to be older than he by at least a couple years.

Quite fortunately, Fox is a very easy natured fellow. So much so that his impromptu swim has barely seemed to phase him at all. With a wide grin, he shakes himself once more before greeting her. “Well, that's one way to cool off.” He laughs then, easily able to find the humor in the situation. “I'm Fox, by the way.”

His smile turns a bit chagrined as his gaze drops to her black coat. “Sorry if I got you wet.”

Fox
    Jinju
    She cannot help it but to laugh soft – or not so softly as he loses his footing too – at the violent startle. She had not meant to scare him, but she found it quite amusing that he had been so engrossed in his little ice making game. Perhaps that was why. Opposites do attract, don’t they say? But what’s most hilarious of all is the sullen, astonished look upon his young face. Jinju feels quite bad, laughing at him like this instead of helping him out, but he doesn’t seem too bothered by it.

Soon she’s repaid by a shower, probably putting them even, and her laugher slowly dies. The grin never leaves her face though, curiously studying the chestnut roan boy. ”My name is Jinju. And if you ever need to warm up, feel free to come to me” she answers with a wide smile and a wink, her ruby eyes twinkling before she releases her power. Little sparks of fire dance across her skin, never burning her before gathering together in front of them and swirling around the red boy before disappearing again.

By that time she had already long forgotten the droplets that had slashed her inky black coat a bit wet. If she could have, Jinju would’ve shrugged her shoulders by now. ”No worries. I’ll survive” she assures him. Shaking her head lightly she drops it towards the water again, drinking a little and letting the cool liquid settle. Then she eyed Fox again, smiling softly but enthusiastically. ”Can you do more?”

As an aspiring prankster, it would probably not be terribly befitting of him to become offended at something so paltry as taking an impromptu dip into a pond. Fortunately he is a mild mannered sort. With that wide grin stretching his lips, he chuckles along with her, recognizing the amusement in the situation.

Fortunately she seems a good natured sort as well. Of course, with Fox’s joyful and carefree nature, even the ill natured seem unable to resist him (indeed, his closest friend happens to be a rather ill-tempered young filly who scowls so often he wonders that it hasn't been etched into her features permanently). But then, he apparently had a gift for making others happy, a fact he has only recently discovered.

And honestly, what possible bad could come off a colt who could induce happiness in others?

As Jinju offers to provide him with warmth, Fox eyes the sparks that flutter about her, following the swirl of flame that dances about him with open curiosity. His nose comes up, following the streak, at one point coming close enough to feel the heat upon his skin. He doesn't touch it though. He had learned his lesson with the lava that could often be found trickling through his home.

Fortunately however, the cold does not seem to bother him the way it does others.

He grins at her offer. ”And if you ever need a cool drink, I'm sure I can help.”

Shaking his head to clear the last few drops lingering in his short, fluffy mane, he tips his head a bit as he considers her. ”I can, lots of things!”

Without hesitation, he calls a bit of snow, the fat flakes drifting to the earth to melt against the sun warmed grass. Eyeing her curiously, he continues, ”I bet you can do lots of fun things too! Will you show me?”

Fox
    Jinju
    It was not like she was making fun of him, she really didn’t want it to look like that, but it had just looked so.. so funny. And he didn’t seemed hurt, so no harm done, right? Luckily he didn’t seem to mind it, even joining her in laugher. Jinju cannot help it but to just like the joyous feeling, laughing like there were no sad things clouding her mind. She needed this bulb of happiness.

Once the laugher dies and the flames start dancing, a soft smile lies on her lips. Fire could hurt, burn, scorch. It could fire the anger and hatred within her. But it also provided warmth and could be a light in the darkness. Sometimes it warmed her heart and brought others together. Right now it was the latter. Jinju carefully watches him as he moves, not wanting to hurt him accidentally.

”Well thank you for that kind offer, dear Fox. I will keep it in mind” she answers with a grin, head dipping slightly as her ears perk forward. Lowering her head a little she reaches out to the red boy, offering her breath. ”But like you probably aren’t bothered by the cold, the warmth doesn’t hold me back either.”

Taking a step back she watches him curiously with her ruby eyes. The sight of the snow makes a smile appear on her lips and her soft laugher fills the air again. Winter could be wonderful too, in its own way, and it’s almost a shame to see the white flocks melt once they land on the grass. It is over way too quick, but she gladly complies with his request.

The fire first burns in her eyes before a ball starts to form in front of her. Her ears flick backwards in concentration, gaze focussed. When she exhales again the ball floats, holding still before she wills to move it with her mind. It circles around them, in between them, grows bigger and then smaller again and eventually she lowers it to the ground.

It circles her on the ground, a wall of fire rising where the ball has been, until the wall is all around her. The fire doesn’t spread, just shields her as a wall from the rest of the world. Jinju’s gaze meets his’, and she cannot help it but to grin slightly, before willing the fire into herself again. ”I can do quite a lot of things. But I think your ice might be more fun. And it’s not something others might fear.”

OOC: I find it sooooo hard to be creative with the whole fire thing XD. Forgive me the awkwardness <3.