• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I keep swinging my hand through a swarm of bees- d e a t h/a n g e l/ a n y
    -Raeg'n-
    Raeg'n, she said softly. My name is Raeg'n.

She didn't like this. The situation was dangerous and she was missing all the facts. She could admit that she had also wondered why Death -Deimos- had chosen this boy. Why him? He didn't appear to have some valuable magic, and Deimos could probably just do any kind of powerful magic on his own. He was scrawny and barely alive, really, so certainly not his strength. He clearly was no savant genius, or he wouldn't have agreed to step into this trap. He was just a boy, confused and vulnerable. Her boy, though.

Golden eyes peered down at him again as he spoke, catching on one part in particular. A prince. He'd been a prince. What sort of kingdom let their prince wander off and get lost, starve and nearly die? Then again, the whole thing could have been part of a bigger scheme entirely planned out by Deimos to weaken the boy, get him to trust the beast so easily. It must be something in his bloodline, then. Perhaps.

"I have nothing. No one."
    His tone mirrored her own pain she kept locked away. She was alone, too.
    No Lauchlan. No Magnus. No one.
    Why had she thought of her mentor just then?

You have me, she said, turning to breathe into his hair in what she hoped was a form of comfort. You will always have me. A promise she shouldn't make, but had every intention of keeping. She knew what it was like to be on your own, without someone like Lauchlan. Having him in her life had changed her, lifted some of the smothering weight from her shoulders. She could try to be his Lauchlan if she could. Protector and friend.

I don't know what he wants with you, but we'll find a way out of this. For now, we must play his game. She hated even mentioning him, and she decided she wouldn't any more tonight unless Ruan asked her a question that required it. Now, it would just be her and him. And the silence of coming night.

I'm sorry this has happened to you. I will keep you safe. Her nose brushed his neck gently, not certain if anything she said or did was of any real comfort. If they slept at all, it would be with a burning worry in her gut. Afraid that her limit would be met, and she'd not have Lauchlan there to protect her. How could she save her boy if she were to fall?
    Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I keep swinging my hand through a swarm of bees- d e a t h/a n g e l/ a n y - by Raeg'n - 01-19-2017, 11:19 AM