• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I keep swinging my hand through a swarm of bees- d e a t h/a n g e l/ a n y
    -Raeg'n-
    She raced. Her strides swallowed the distance, amber eyes set in determination. Resolve. She would stand at his side, protect him as he walked himself into the belly of the beast. She would take his hits and they would heal. She would smite any who challenged their lives. She was his.

His..Guardian Angel.

She wouldn't think of herself that way, but she shamefully knew he did and did not correct him. She should. She would. But for now, she would allow herself the praise that it felt like. She loved that he called her Angel. But he needed a name. When she found him, placed herself at his side where she was meant to be, she asked him.

Are you hurt, boy? What is your name? She called him 'boy' simply because it is what he was. A boy. She was not much his elder, in truth.

She nosed at him openly, examining him for wounds and abrasions. She cursed herself for not having the ability to heal them, but luckily there were none as major as that. A true angel would be able to heal him too. Hers was a selfish magic that she chose to use selflessly. His Angel.

He was so thin, and nearly toppled over at her firm pushes.
    That stupid bastard, she swore under her breath. What idiot sent a starving child to a damn wasteland? Seeing that he was sound, she immediately turn to her next priority and scanned the land for a food source. This place was terrible. Her blue nose lifted as she tried to track any form of nourishment for him. She didn't detect any, but she naturally fell into the lead anyway.

Come, she said somewhat gently. We need to find you food. That stupid beast. A wasteland. She led them away, deeper into the land of devils, a boy and his angel. By sheer luck, they happened on a small pool soon after with a number of little leafy shrubs. She grimaced. It would taste awful, but at least it was something.

Eat. We need to seek shelter when you are finished. Her own stomach growled quietly, but she ignored it. He needed everything that was here. She would find her own some other time. So she stood as his sentry, scanning the area carefully. No one would harm him. She would find a way to get them out of this situation. For now, she knew they must heed the beast. Deimos. He had the power to know where they were, and if they escaped. She would not unleash his wrath on the boy. He could save that all for her.
    Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I keep swinging my hand through a swarm of bees- d e a t h/a n g e l/ a n y - by Raeg'n - 01-15-2017, 01:05 AM