• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

way down we go; any
    charlemagne
    If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
    He approached her with a glint in his eye that let her know that he was serious. But what was he serious about? Was he serious about getting her in the water? Serious about her, or just about what she could give him?

She took slow, calculated steps backwards , until she felt her back foot sploosh to the water. She could not help herself. She lifted her head to the heavens and rolled her eyes closed with the pleasure she felt at the cold rushing up her leg. She took a gasp, and let her mask down again, this time unwittingly.

Carli loved the water. Her wings splayed outward and down, just the tips gripping helplessly at the cold ripples her body shivering with anticipation at the prospect of going swimming again. But with these awkward floatation devices—her wings—and no way to reach the bottom before he lungs gave out, she had made herself swear that she would stay away from the water’s edge. And yet, the slippery man—she had watched his skin go from pelt and back again—had an oily look in his eyes, as if she was the prey he had been looking for all day. It’s not difficult he say, crooning to her. She knows this.

It’d be fun. Yes. Oh gods yes. She knows it would be. Her golden eyes widen once more and she takes another breathy gasp—the serenity all but crumbling into the water at her feet. You might like it.

She had lived in the water when she’d been Queen. Queen no more. Just a woman. Staring at a man who quite suddenly had become most dangerous for her. Her muscles tweaked, and she forgets her innocence. If she is to survive this game, she best needs to be herself. Her voice changes, becoming less breathy, and she allows her own predatory gaze to roll over him like hot wet amber. Her smile is genuine, but less than innocent, and she takes a step… neither towards him or the beach, but in place. Her wings drag over the water and pump upward, spraying him with water before coming to rest upon her back, silver droplets sliding down the side of her body and falling at her feet like an alter.

She watches as the water slides down his visage, falling down his chest, and to his well formed legs… and onto…a ring? She smirks again, mentally disciplining herself for not having seen or heard it until now. He is taken, Carli girl. Have your fun with him and be done. He is most dangerous.

He probably doesn’t even want you.

Her voice breaks the silence then. “I have been swimming these waters long before you took your first breath, my darling.” She ceases the game. It does her no good. She refuses to become his prey.

“I will take to the water with you, but only if you give me your name, and tell me why you have that ridiculous thing on your leg? Are you domesticated? Or have you taken a lover that keeps you secret and locked away from the rest of the outside world?”

If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Messages In This Thread
    way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 01-12-2017, 02:21 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Charlemagne - 01-12-2017, 03:34 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 01-12-2017, 07:46 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Charlemagne - 01-13-2017, 04:36 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 01-13-2017, 05:49 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Charlemagne - 01-14-2017, 06:47 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 01-14-2017, 07:41 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Charlemagne - 02-20-2017, 05:42 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 02-21-2017, 10:42 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Charlemagne - 02-22-2017, 12:50 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 02-26-2017, 12:44 AM