• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

way down we go; any
    charlemagne
    If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?

The breath caught in her chest as she took an instinctive step backwards. Nobody touched her. At least not done so and lived to tell the tail. The sound of the river rocks crackled underneath her as she moved, breaking her reverie, and she blinks, drawing her golden eyes away from his, and looks around. The moment; its over.

But then, why is her heart thudding in her chest? This was supposed to be a game. Except, that for a certain canary, this game was over. And, having given up her real name, this black stranger would have little to no trouble in discovering what manner of prize he has caught under his slippery grip. A husky whisper breaks into her mind like black silk sheets wrapping around her body. She takes another breath; exhaling slowly. Do you like getting wet, dear Charlemagne?

Did she like to swim? It was well known within her family that peace that comes from living an underwater existence. Ashley had often taken to the depths in search of a peaceful respite from his every day mundane life. Charlemagne, as much as she resented her very famous father, was just the same. Her heart bled for the water. It was within her soul to watch the beating of the waves upon the shore. She found she was able to clear her mind in those moments—few and far between as they were.

But dare she reveal that to him now? Magic that had been hers, kept hidden behind lock and key. Her heart; her protection. His leverage. She didn’t even know his name.

This was too much. Too fast. Put the mask back on. Steady on, Carli girl. He is not the first, he will certainly not be the last. But had there ever been a first? If she was being honest with herself, she might not have liked the answer. So she puts her thoughts away, and lifts her head towards him once more, kicking up her black and silver tail and wrapping it around her seductively. Thoughts and feelings later.

Tonight she wants to live.

“I have been known to take a swim in my day,” she says, not a lie. Her day had been more than 100 years ago. “But I much prefer talk about you trying to make me wet.” Coy smile and hooded golden eyes shielded behind a fragile heart of a girl who had fallen much faster for a man—unbidden,

It’s a game, Carli girl. You know they never want you when they find out what you are.

Play the game better than they do.

Checkmate.
    If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Messages In This Thread
    way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 01-12-2017, 02:21 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Charlemagne - 01-12-2017, 03:34 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 01-12-2017, 07:46 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Charlemagne - 01-13-2017, 04:36 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 01-13-2017, 05:49 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Charlemagne - 01-14-2017, 06:47 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 01-14-2017, 07:41 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Charlemagne - 02-20-2017, 05:42 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 02-21-2017, 10:42 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Charlemagne - 02-22-2017, 12:50 PM
    RE: way down we go; any - by Stillwater - 02-26-2017, 12:44 AM