• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wish I could do it all for you; Elle pony
    I wish I could feel it all for you, I wish I could do it all for you

Though the grass is still somewhat green, even under a light coating of snow, the air is cold enough to put a thin layer of ice on the slowest of the Meadow’s streams, ice on the edges and water flowing sluggishly in the middle with ice chips bobbing on the surface.

And the strawberry mare is standing at the edge, watching, because she is so bored out of her mind that she can’t think of anything better to do. It’s almost hypnotic, the way the ice floats and bobs along, and it reminds Kellyn of home. Because despite several attempts to leave and find a new home, the Tundra had always been home. Cold, remote, her family lived there, and there weren’t a lot of ghosts. Perfect for child who shouldn’t have existed, perfect for a capricious child with the tendency to get into trouble jumping around in time, and perfect for a young mare who was half-insane and saw dead people.

But right now she is nothing, with not a single useful power to her name, and also she is homeless. The Tundra is gone, and she doesn’t have even the slightest idea which of the several lands that have appeared she might be interested in. Actually, Kellyn doesn’t have the slightest idea what she wants. It varies day by day – be a hermit, or rule the world. The middle ground seems so…blah.

Kellyn
    the girl who walks in time and talks to ghosts
    daughter of cagney and elite

for an @[Elle Belle] pony!
    minerva
    Since the day she was discovered by the purple magic man, a few years as passed. The dark green and white painted youth walks amongst the spring foliage with a wide smile. Each plant seems to bend away at they clear a path for each hoof that falls quietly into the mossy floor. "Hello, hello." The girl calls gently to the plants, loving and recognizing their unwavering loyalty.

At her heels, a small red spotted toadstool totters along on little legs. Toady, her tony friend, came to life one day when Mini was feeling exceptionally alone in the world. With  a little wish, the mushroom pops up from the ground with a tiny smile and blinking eyes. Min could hardly grasp the situation but the little fungi ran up and cuddle the painted girl without hesitation. Mini had never felt such happiness before...

"Come on, Toady." She calls playfully before slowing down to pluck her little friend and placing him upon her shoulder. The tiny plant laughs as it seems to wriggle into the base of her dark mane. Jadeite pools look outward as she stands quietly before a roan mare enters her view. "Hello!" The young mare calls to the other as Toady pipes up. ""Hi!", from the nestle of Mini's mane. The girl enjoyed meeting new faces despite her upbringing.
    I wish I could feel it all for you, I wish I could do it all for you

Someone is coming, she can hear the footfalls even if they are strangely light. But she doesn’t lift her head from the water, instead watching the green (she would be shocked, maybe, if her own daughter wasn’t purple) filly approach from behind. Finally Kellyn does turn when there is a greeting – no, two greetings. Carefully she turns around, giving the filly a once-over and frowning, wondering where the second voice came from. Perhaps she spoke twice? In two different voices. It wouldn’t be the strangest thing Kellyn has ever seen.

The green-and-white girl is younger than her daughters, and Kellyn muses that at this point they are probably both adults. Young adults, but adults nonetheless; but surely Brennen is taking good care of both of them. Carwyn took to her grandfather like a duck to water, and Cassady would have gotten used to the more austere stallion after a while. Neither of them, she is sure, missed her much. “Hello.” she responds, blinking. “I’m Kellyn.” That’s all she has, really, because she has never quite known how to interact with children – not even her own. What is she supposed to do with a stranger’s?

Kellyn
    the girl who walks in time and talks to ghosts
    daughter of cagney and elite