• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

down on the west coast//any\\

Well slap my ass and call me Sally.

She is an ancient among them. Cool, slick, calm. She is a goddess in the mouth's of horses passed. She walks between their throbbing bodies without a flinch or flicker imposing upon her placid features. One white hoof in front of the other as though in slow motion. Her parents (dead possibly?) are still in her mind but Niko is awaken from some slumber, some trickery that has projected her into this new world head first and flying.

The field is rather empty. The winter must drives the horses away. Dark eyes annotate this with a slight quirk to the right side of her lips before sweeping in the other direction to make the same observation. The cold of winter reaches her skin but she does not pay it mind despite a few trembles over her red and white spattered coat. What was she supposed to do now? Wait for either an invitation to a home or death? Right now, neither seemed appealing but she isn't stupid and knows how this works. Stocking limbs move her away from the blatant bucket loads of snowflakes that seem to be falling thicker and thicker. A frustrated exhale grows a plume of frost from her lips as she seeks some shelter within the embrace of evergreens that lined the edges of the field.

The snow caps upon the upper most eves of branches and catches any snow that may try to impose upon the mare below. The brown needles and insulation of snow makes it considerably warmer. A very good choice indeed. Niko cocks a hind limb, the desire to find a home is lulling as she will wait till the snowstorm passes before exposing herself to the vastness of the field. But perhaps even, there may be other horses just beyond the edge of the frozen expansion of land just like she.

NIKOLINE

You're flyin' high at push on, I'm feelin' hot to the touch

new character and thrown together html lol thank you forever actually responds to me
    Despite the cold, Dahmer has decided to brave the Field once again. This time, however, he is visiting on behalf of his home (which is, notably, never graced with the presence of snow). A disgruntled frown has placed itself upon his dark lips and his gait is no less than a trudge through the blanket of snow, though his blue eyes are ever-alert, searching the soft contours of the expanse before him.

His gaze finds the only other living creature in the desolate Field and the black beast immediately amends his journey so that he is moving in the direction of the attractive overo. He notices the gentle grin on her maw and answers it with his own lopsided one as he nears her, ears fluttering forward to give her the attention that she deserved. Granted, there were not many distractions in the Field today.

"Good morning, my dear," he pauses and his grin widens to something that is almost predatory, "Please tell me that you are not a fan of this cold." Truth be told, Tephra had most likely been created for the cold-blooded, and those who wished for a white Christmas each year would be sorely disappointed within its boundaries.

"I am Dahmer, by the way."

(Pleaseeeee forgive the crappiness and the lack of html. Posting from my phone at work because I couldn't resist her!)

Her presence doesn't go unnoticed for too long thankfully (though she wouldn't admit it). In the space that had once been nothing more than tragically dead pine needles now stood a large black stallion. Niko notices he is taller than her by more than a new hands. The silly smirk on his face seemed to show much a few more teeth than what would be mistaken for good natured. The painted woman makes a small note of this but it doesn't really unnerve but perhaps adds to his charm in that strange and secretive way.

A single lobe is directed towards him as she remains in her oh-so-relaxed position. He offers a few words, some idle chit chat. Niko obliges this with her own. "Good morning to you as well and no, I am not a very big fan of the cold." Her response direct and absent of any giddy foolishness,  cocking her head to the side so she may meet his taller gaze, a different and more comfortable smile touching her features. "I'm Nikoline. What brings you out here on such a day? And don't you dare say little ole me." Niko isn't stupid and knows the stallion was ONLY in the Field to find new members for either a herd or Kingdom, but it was fun to joke nonetheless and also to help make this conversation a little less awkward.

NIKOLINE

take my head & kick it in
    break some bread for all my sins

The overo mare remains relaxed at his approach and Dahmer makes sure to remain a comfortable distance from her to not stray from good etiquette. His ears press forward in their tousled bed as she grants him with a response, her words amiable, though devoid of playfulness. It takes a moment for the black stallion to notice its absence, but his blue eyes watch her a tiny bit closer after he realizes she hadn't responded to him the way mares in the Field usually did.

More often that not, his greeting would be met with equal or greater mischievousness, which always stemmed from the desire to appear similar, to increase the chances of an invitation to a territory. Dahmer couldn't, and didn't, fault the mares for this. He had been in the same situation after abdicating in the Subway and venturing to the land of Beqanna.

Nikoline, as she has now introduced herself, doesn't display any of the usual traits that surface within the Field, and he is intrigued.

Her inquiry forces him into a corner but the black beast does not mind. His lopsided grin has faded slightly, making his lips home to a more subtle smirk, and he offers the pretty painted mare a casual shrug, "I've come to offer a home to the homeless, of course." His blue eyes twinkle as he watches Nikoline, appreciating the wisdom he can see beneath hers. "And now that I know you don't like the cold, I can tell you that we never get snow in Tephra. It's actually quite tropical." And volcanic.

He shifts his weight to stand more comfortably upon the frozen earth, pausing to contemplate the woman before his gruff voice breaks the silence once more. "But before it is acceptable for me to invite you, we must have some sort of small talk so that you can be sure I'm not a serial murderer."

He chuckles. "So, what would you like to know?"

+ tagnikoline
    + notes
    BY MITZI

He is pretty.

Dark skinned, blue eyed, and quite the cunning linguist. Ha. The painted mare relaxes with a simple smile spreading easily over her lips. She listens to the way his words cool the attentive to his voice as he speaks. Niko finds this other interesting and willingly decides to entertain what he has to say.

The brown and white woman finds herself chuckling softly at his last remark. One could not be too careful these days. Niko takes this moment to decide if she could possibly be murdrered by this rather charming beast and decides, eh, what the hell? "Dahmer, friend, I think I'd like to see this home of yours." And with that, the pretty little miss gives him a smile and a small nod to punctuate her statement.

"Shall we?"

NIKOLINE