• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  runnin' away to the riptide; [any]
    lady, runnin' away to the riptide
    taken away to the dark side

She doesn’t really have a home preference. She doesn’t know much about any of the new lands – she’s not sure they’ve really had a chance to develop identities yet anyway – so she is relying on the two mares for reasons to pick a new place to live.

The mute, dark mare manages expressiveness even without a voice, which Sloene thinks is a grand feat in itself. It takes attention and effort on Sloene’s part as well, which would certainly make life difficult if she wanted to speak to someone who wasn’t willing to put in the effort to listen. But without any other skills, listening and blending and being smart were all things Sloene had learned as a child. After all, it’s not always what someone says that matters. Words are the easiest way to lie.

Celeana seems passionate about her home, but Sloene has to wonder – can the Amazons ever truly stop being the Amazons? Even without their Jungle? She smiles at the light colored mare, holding her green eyes as she talks about Nerine and offers Sloene a visit and a home, but her eyes consistently flicker back to the darker, nameless mare and the mystery that Tephra is.

Perhaps it is a flaw in her character that leads her to this decision, but she cannot resist the temptation of the unknown. “Thank you for the offer. Both offers.” a glance to either mare. “But I think I will go to Tephra.” she doesn’t offer an explanation, because she doesn’t have a real one. “But Celeana, I will certainly keep you and your sisters and Nerine in my thoughts for if I change my mind.” And she steps towards the dark mare, waiting for her to lead the way, and the unknown.

SLOENE
    I've got a lump in my throat
    cause you're gonna sing the words wrong

Messages In This Thread
    runnin' away to the riptide; [any] - by Sloene - 01-03-2017, 10:21 PM
    RE: runnin' away to the riptide; [any] - by Sloene - 01-16-2017, 09:14 PM