• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (any)
    djinni

Lucrezia has heard of Nerine, and Djinni nods as the champagne mare mentions Nayl. She had known that the queen was visiting the others lands (she’d gone with her to Ischia, after all) but hadn’t spoken to her about her travels – perhaps it’s time she do that. At the mention of equal rank, Djinni smiles softly, but doesn’t interrupt. There certainly have been changes, but since she is as new to the Sisterhood as Nerine is to Beqanna, she has not had to adjust – simply to learn. Heartfire remarks on it as well, and Djinni replies that the stallions of Nerine are: “Equal, yes. But still separate. They have their own ranks. It’s been interesting, but it’s working.”

Hearing more about Tephra is intriguing, and Djinni doesn’t hide the curiosity on her face as the pale mare describes her home. A volcano? So that’s where the smoke is coming from. The humid warmth sounds familiar, but she is thinking of the Jungle – not of the Deserts as Lucrezia seems to be reminded of.

Prior to the Reckoning, Djinni had not returned to the Deserts for decades. There was no reason for her to; her mother and father were long gone, and she no longer had any family there. Her multitude of siblings had left with their parents; Djinni had been the only one that returned to Beqanna (and even her existence was spotty prior to the Reckoning). She remembers the golden dunes that she had raced down as a slim-legged foal and the limestone canyons she had explored with her sister. The Deserts was the source of many happy memories, though not of any recent ones.

“You both lived in the Desert?” She asks, the coincidence of the three of them happening across each other not missed. “I did too, though it’s been a very long time.”

She pauses for a moment, teetering on saying more.

“Have you seen more than Tephra?” She asks Lucrezia, “I’d be happy to show you Nerine -” she looks to Heartfire too, “- and you as well.” They could walk there (it might take a while) or she could be a minute bit less secretive than she is by nature. She chooses the latter. “It’d only take a moment to get there,” she offers, “the mountain didn’t keep my gift for long.” She smiles, though if there is a bit of resentment in her at having to earn back what she should never lost, she hides it well.

current appearance:
    slim build
    smoky grullo minimal tobiano
    mare
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    When Heartfire comments on the sandy kingdom, she too returns a smile to her. “Yes, I lived there for much of my life.” Lucrezia does not mention the Chamber nor that she was forced to seal alliance between the Deserts and Chamber. It was a story that did not need to be told—a memory of her past that should not be unburied. She pushes forward, “Of course it is,” she wants to think this new era for Beqanna is a new chance for greater things, “It will only get better.” Her last words are blunt, which truly she does not mind being because she believed Tephra would flourish and she would see that it did no matter what.

Djinni also mentions that she had lived in the Deserts. It was strange to be near others that had shared her own home once though it may be at different times. Lucrezia felt a sense of warmth knowing this about the two other mares. “The world is quite strange on bringing the likes of us together,” She says casually with a soft smile. She has no idea for comment on it though—only mentioning how strange and interesting it was for such a thing to happen.

Her nutmeg gaze turns to the grullo mare. “I have not yet but I plan on it very soon,” Lucrezia wanted to know the ins and outs of this new Beqanna—it was a duty of hers after all, but there was something more personal beyond that. Adventure is something she always liked. “Nerine? Really?” She remembers Nayl saying she could visit when she came to Tephra but now did not seem a bad idea at all. “I would very much like that.” She then turns to Heartfire with a smile.

Lucrezia feels differently when the mention of gifts and the Mountain. She had lost the very things the Deserts had given her because of the Mountain and those that made the Mountain come. If anything she sometimes resents what had happened. Lucrezia loved her wings more than most things in this world. But, for now, she does not let such things ruin what has been offered. “I am ready when you are,” she says with excitement in her eyes and voice. And also eager to see what sort of tricks Djinni had up her sleeves.
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

Sometimes the world is incredibly small, such as when pure chance brings three former Deserts residents together in an (almost) entirely new land. It is so easy to become lost in the vastness of the world when one has (or had) sight like hers. Easy to forget just how small it could sometimes be.

Djinni’s mention of her time in the Deserts causes a hint of humor to quirk her lips. ”Quite the reunion, isn’t it?” A bit of dry humor. But then, it seems she knows no other.

Still, curiosity beckons. She had never actually set foot in the Amazons, despite her father’s history (and now never would). Regardless, she is quite curious of the retinue of women who had called such a place home. And this addition of stallions sounds interesting indeed. An odd sort of setup, but that had always seemed to be their way.

Perhaps a visit would be just the thing she needed, something to help her along in making a decision about her future. She cannot deny that the thought intrigues her.

Really, there is no question.

”I must admit it is a very intriguing proposition, one I am quite delighted to take advantage of.” The slight tilt of her lips disappears as one equine brow arches slightly. ”Though I am curious how you plan to get us there in only a moment…”

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Should we just continue this in Nerine?
    djinni

The champagne mare says that things will get better and Djinni smiles; she would like to agree. New lands and new starts, though it seems that fate still delights in creating coincidences. The three mares are residents of the Desert no longer, but they do all seem to have some things in common.

An interest in seeing this new world appears to be one of them.

“A lady has to keep some secrets,” she replies to Heartfire’s ponderance with a playful wink. “But painless, I promise.”

She takes a step closer to Heartfire, a nonverbal ‘do you mind?’ in her expression before she reaches out at touches the mare’s shoulder with her dark muzzle. Instantly, they’re on the grey sand beach, and Djinni is gone again, repeating the process with Lucrezia in the Field until the three of them stand on the shore.

The rest of the post is here in Nerine

current appearance:
    slim build
    smoky grullo minimal tobiano
    sea green eyes
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster