• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wish I could do it all for you; Harmonia
    All caution is thrown completely out the window when Harmonia offers her any help at all to restore her powers in the short-term. Kellyn ruthlessly silences the voice in the back of her head wondering if this is some sort of trap – what sounds too good to be true is usually too good to be true, isn’t it? – and subconsciously leans towards Harmonia, hazel eyes intent on the palomino mare.

“I would say that in that case, I’m quite sure that Pangea deserves all of the loyalty that I used to hold in reserve for my Tundra.” It’s an easy choice because Kellyn is nothing without her powers – she has lived with them, and defined herself by them. She loves her family in the only way she can, and she was loyal to the Tundra because it had given her so much as a child – but a Kingdom that doesn’t exist cannot hold a candle to the allure of having her traits back.

“Tell me what I need to do.” The mare shifts, restless now, hope in her bright eyes. Hope to be herself again. And maybe more – maybe she will really come to love Pangea in a way that she just couldn’t manage for the Dale, no matter how hard she tried. Perhaps she’ll finally make someone proud – it’s never going to be Brennen, not at this rate, but perhaps her maternal grandfather would look favorably on her for committing herself to his foundling Kingdom, like she had committed herself to finding Gail. “I will do it.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wish I could do it all for you; Harmonia - by Kellyn - 01-25-2017, 11:13 PM