• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wish I could do it all for you; Harmonia
    I wish I could feel it all for you, I wish I could do it all for you

She settles, eventually, on allowing herself to be cautious of the other mare, just a little, but nothing is settling on any major alarm bells in the strawberry roan’s head. Of course, she has no idea that’s what Harmonia wants – she is naïve in the worst of ways. Kellyn has seen horrors beyond horrors, fought monsters beyond the imagining, but she knows little of how the world actually works. In her mind, Carnage existed only in those realms at the end of space and time and in the afterlife, not in her daily life. Not in her daughter’s life, despite the fact that her grandfather is also her father.

So she is smiling, but the smile dims as Harmonia keeps speaking, and that particular man comes into the conversation. Skipping over the comment about safety entirely, though she files it away in the back of her mind, she fixes Harmonia with a green gaze that is somewhat unfocused, as memories of the lengths she went to for the magician flit across her memories. “Carnage,” she murmurs, “my grandfather.” For some reason, she had never expected to see him again.Never expected him to leave the underworld, and Gail.

The rest of Harmonia’s words bring Kellyn back to her, and she is quiet a moment longer. When she finally speaks, there is a simmering resentment beneath the words. Harmonia masks her anger at the fae with a bubbly, smiling exterior, but Kellyn isn’t that skilled. Kellyn wears her emotions on her sleeve. “Yes, they did.” Something makes her throw all caution the wind, and leaping off the cliff into trusting the stranger with her secrets. “I am – was – a medium. And a time traveler.”

In Kellyn’s opinion, the fae had no right to take her powers. She earned her mediumship fair and square at the ends of the world for the dark demigod who is her grandfather, and Cagney earned his from another who called herself/ a Goddess so many years ago, and she inherited it from him. They are hardly Beqanna’s gifts. “In Pangea…you are in the business of disrupting this new peace, and restoring what we had before?”

Kellyn
    the girl who walks in time and talks to ghosts
    daughter of cagney and elite

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wish I could do it all for you; Harmonia - by Kellyn - 01-24-2017, 11:14 PM