• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wish I could do it all for you; Harmonia
    I wish I could feel it all for you, I wish I could do it all for you

Unlike Harmonia, Kellyn doesn’t know what she wants. She’s never really had a chance to make those decisions for herself. As a child she was always told to stay in the Tundra, to stay home, to stay hidden. Her father was a bit paranoid about her existence – but then again, she does look a lot like her mother, and Elite had just started a major war, and was believed to have been assassinated. Cagney was very much afraid of what might happen if anyone found out Elite was alive (thought certainly not ‘well’, that doesn’t apply well to comatose creatures) in his care, and had a daughter and a lover who could traverse time. It didn’t help that Kellyn was very much like Elite as a child – Cagney didn’t trust the magicians and shapeshifters who had attempted to kill the pink mare not to come after him for saving her, or their daughter for existing.

So her childhood was a remote and isolated one. And then she was whisked away to the edge of space and time in a quest for her grandfather, and came back with the ability to talk to ghosts and absolutely no control over either of her powers. Finally, finally after two or three years of a magically-mutated preganancy, Kellyn gave birth to her first foal and was able to control all of her powers again, but at that point she accidentally got pregnant again. Who knew that you could conceive even if you were in the past? Not Kellyn. And then when she’d finally gotten rid of her two daughters, pawning them off on Brennen as soon as they were old enough, all of this had happened.

“I guess,” she answers the palomino mare’s question with a complete lack of enthusiasm or certainty. After all, few claim the Meadow willingly as home. But the Tundra is gone, and though she had been contemplating the Dale as home, it was gone too. Perhaps she was a little attached to Ramiel, the Dale’s last King, but she hadn’t the slightest idea where to find him now. “I used to live in the Tundra.” Kellyn elaborates, trying to decide whether Harmonia makes her nervous or not. She’s not used to having to read people very well – she’s not used to not having her two pesky ghost guides following her around offering their input. At first she’d been glad to have them gone (they acted much too much in the way of a conscience) but now she is starting to realize all the ways they had been helping her. "And yourself?"

Kellyn
    the girl who walks in time and talks to ghosts
    daughter of cagney and elite

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wish I could do it all for you; Harmonia - by Kellyn - 01-19-2017, 07:51 PM