• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any;
    Stillwater

God, he hated this place.

Belly-deep in the ocean, he faced away from the coast that pressed so gently against the repulsive Meadow. The water was nothing like the coast of Nerine with its crisp sweetness. No, this made his skin crawl, dirt and filth congealed to his smooth coat. But for now he ignored it. In stoic contemplation he studied the glittering light as it danced across the sea's horizon, reflecting the fading sun in brilliant reds and amber. Like a flame on the water. It played with the sky, teased it and taunted it. Come swim, it dared the slowly sinking sun.
    Let's go for a swim.
    Let's go deep.

That playful voice called to him, too. Or perhaps it was his voice all along, and not the sweet whispers of night spirits or undines of the deep. A voice deep within him, ready to play.

His inky hair was floating on the surface, sweeping back and forth with the gentle flow of a weak tide. As though it belonged there, was welcomed. Seawater licked his sleek sides, a sweet, hushed trickle in the cool air as it pressed against him like an eager lover. Begged for more of him. Called to him. It was the only sound around him, this watery melody of fading light. His Moonlight Sonata.

Soon, he would return to Nerine. A male in a sisterhood. Laughable. But for now, for tonight, he wanted to be away. Needed to be away from that scent. The one lodged within his nose as though it belonged there. When it didn't. Demanded to be there as though commanded to haunt him. Tonight he would escape it. Breathe in this chilled air of the Meadow's sea. Watch as the light plays across the rippling surface. And for a time, simply forget everything else.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it
    The winds blow the graying mares mane gently, beckoning her like a mother does.

Come play!
    Come be free,
    even for a moment!

Her now white splashed silver body walking to the sea. Her mind had wandered to when she was alone, on that island without anybody.

She went to the shore, thinking the salt air would do her early pregnancy lungs well. Keifer was slightly astonished to see a stallion in the water. She didn't want to startle him, so she slowly entered the cool night waters. "The stars sure are beautiful tonight, eh?"

The water lapped at her belly. Keifer smiled, "My name is Keifer."
    She smells the scent of Nerine on his body, her own body faintly smelling of it. "I'm leaving the sisterhood. I only went back to see if they were OK."