• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

drinking through memories; alivia/any
    we'll be drinking through memories and laughing with enemies
    Around her the Taiga was alive, frothing with insects and small animals and birds, flitting from redwood to redwood. She was the largest thing around for miles, it seemed, a yellow beacon in amongst the washed out browns and blacks and greens of the forest in the fast fading light. It would be night time soon, but she felt no fear for the things that go bump in the night (not like she would have, long ago) only a kind of angry defiance. She is the blood of the tiger, and her head would not be bowed by little carnivorous shitheads.

It had been some time since she had been here. Things looked different, and the twigs snagged in her yellow mane, and she found that her feet didn’t quite find the ground beneath her as well as it had used to. But it would come back with time, she was sure. She would put all of her determined energy into it, and there was a lot of that.

She came to a great pond that she vaguely remembered from her childhood, and decided this place was as good as any to wait for her sister to find her. She had heard rumours that her twin had returned and… had wanted to see for herself whether they were true.

=D =D =D
    @[Alivia]
    @[Jinju]
    <3
    we'll be drinking through memories and laughing with enemies
    Arete remembered the old world, fleetingly, before it had slipped away into a bleak nothingness. For some, it had crashed and churned and turned into little bits beneath their hooves… but that is not what the yellow and black girl remembers. It had been a confusing side-long slide into a world of silver and grey and fuzz and fog and clouds; and she remembers feeling very alone, and cold, and wet. Then everything had come back all at once. But that felt a long time ago, like it had happened to a different person altogether. She did not miss whatever land she had touched for only a moment of a second.

At first she thought that a sea-fog was rolling in, and her nose twitched slightly at the distinct, but not entirely unpleasant, aroma of salt, sand and wetness. But it’s not quite right, and sure enough, she picks out the dark figure amongst the trunks of the trees, black against the grey-black of the night. She is somewhat embarrassed it took so long to notice her in the first place. The stranger speaks (lightly, and airily, like she is more shadow than flesh), and Arete does not recognise the voice, nor the speaker. Ret is more than familiar with all the regular inhabitants of her homeland, and this is definitely not one of them. Must be either a newcomer, or someone lost – either way, the Taiga is not quite so kind to lonely strangers in the night.

”Good evening, stranger.” Ret says, looking with curiosity upon the matted mane, unkempt coat, sodden with water and dead leaves.

”You have found yourself in the Taiga.” she tilts her head, and takes a step closer to bridge the distance between them. ”How did you manage that? Did you get lost?” She pauses. ”I’m forgetting my manners. My name is Arete. May I have yours?” She cocks her hind hoof, relaxes down a bit, a smile on her dark lips.
    Jinju
    Like her indigo sister before her, the yellow and black twin finds her way back to the Taiga too. Jinju had heard her mother mention something about the twins’ parents having returned too, but the tiger no longer ruled these lands, the wolf did now. Things change, and unlike the time where Jinju had stepped up to greet her old friend Alivia, this time it is not her mother who beats her too it, but a stranger. A complete stranger. But right now, it is Arete who has her attention, and the inky black girl happily crosses the last distance between them. ”Ret!”

Without giving the other girl a chance to reply, Jinju reaches out to brush her muzzle across Ret’s shoulder, a wide grin on her face. Her ruby eyes, much more lively now than before, twinkle in enthusiasm to have a friend back. Sure, she has Heda now and she adored her adopted sister, but Alivia and Arete had been the ones with who she had spent the first few months of her residing in the Taiga.

It is only then that the girl turns her attention to the just as black stranger, ears pointed forward as her ruby eyes curiously study the unknown girl. ”Arete here is right, this is the Taiga. Welcome” she greets the just as black girl, a friendly smile upon her lips. ”Can we do something for you?” she asks, phrasing her words different than Arete, but also asking to the stranger’s business in her homeland.
    OOC. Fault from me, should be Taiga, not Tundra, sorry xD. Will edit my post right away!
    #English is not my native language.

Amorette - Gyps - Jinju - Kylin - Reeva
    All are only semi-active.
    ooc: @[Venge] are you going to edit your post or shall we just roll with it? I'm not fussed with either..., Could play it like Jinju misspoke or something - especially since it would almost be like writing a whole new post to edit it! <3 @[~Sapphire~]
    OOC: Change it to Tephra then, as Jinju doesn't know of the Tundra Tongue
    #English is not my native language.

Amorette - Gyps - Jinju - Kylin - Reeva
    All are only semi-active.
    I am a lover hater. I am an instigator.

Boys will always be the ones who ruin the play stories of girls and their friends. Little brothers had their solemn bound duty to annoy their little sisters whenever they had an opportunity to do so. He had followed them through the trees and smiled as he moved ever so silently—carrying bombs of guano in carefully crafted bulbs upon his back. He heard his sister Jinju refer to their home as Tundra, and then as Tephra, and then finally.

There is a black filly who looks as if she’s stumbled across an entire forest full of nothing but children, and she is pretty---almost too pretty. Iasan snorts. He doesn’t like girls. yet. (Hear that Vengeypants?) He almost feels bad for what he’s about to do. Arete and Alivia are about as well, the blue twins. He looks upon his own black sooty leopard hide, and smiles. Weird girls.

They were so weird.

IASAN! BE NICE! -- Yes Mumma.

He rolled his eyes and walked through the brush, careful not to step on any roots. Lowering his head to the ground, Iasan pauses, holding himself steady. He counts to three and then charges forward with a scream, bursting through the bushes and flailing his body…sending the bags of guano flying—hoping that they land all over his sisters and their friends…

Because that is what little brothers are supposed to do.

I’m going to be in such trouble when Mumma finds out.

Worth it.

Iasan