• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm capable of anything; Army + anyone who wants to learn to fight
    so you wanna play with magic?
    It is time, she thinks, time for them to train for whatever may be coming. She knows the world is wild, she knows that even she cannot predict it, the way that it will twist and turn and ultimately deliver them to – what?

She can't know where the spear might need to strike. Into the ground, to form a hard line of defense past which invaders may not cross, or into the heart of invaders who would threaten the sovereignty of an innocent kingdom – or perhaps something else, something she hasn't even thought of yet. It's a wild world, and even she is just along for the ride sometimes.

And so she calls to them, but rather than her voice ringing out over the dunes, it's a gentle thing that speaks to each one personally, speaking quietly into their ears. "If you want to learn to defend yourself, and to defend the kingdom, come join me just outside the oasis." to members of the army, and only members of the army, she adds the following. "I expect to see our committed fighters here."

She stands just outside the main oasis, the large one where they often gather in the shade of the trees and the cool embrace of the water and the grass. She is resplendent today, black as always, her coat unmarked with scars and unblemished with white. There are only two places where colors slash against her darkness: the delicate string of diamonds and precious stones that crosses her cheek like a necklace, and the gold crook-and-flail that shines in proud gilding on her chest in the hot sun.

Here she stands, and here she waits, to welcome them to a training that may be unlike any other they've ever done. After all, this is Camrynn – did you really think they were going to be doing garden variety mocks?
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery

Mandatory for army types, very much encouraged for, well, everyone. It won't be mocks I promise <3
    I’m a horrible reader and literally just noticed this thread yesterday. My B!

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

The time would come eventually, I knew, but I was hoping that it would not be this soon. There’s not been a meeting of the Army called in my entire time in the Desert, but the call from Camrynn is unmistakable.

I answer immediately, leaving the shade of the palms where I had been dozing, and making my way toward the oasis. The sand is warm beneath my broad hooves, but I traverse the dunes easily, a skill that had been long in the learning. The natives of land such as these are light and lean creatures – horses like Yael – and those of bulk are not naturally at ease here. But I have done my best to learn as much as I can about the kingdom that I am proud to call my home.

“Queen Camrynn,” I say, nodding my head deferentially to the black mare before offering her a quick smile. She had been the one to give me the final nudge to start a herd of my own, even if that nudge had only been the permission that I had asked her for. The desire to protect those that dwell in Orange Country has awakened a dormant part of me that I had not known existed. Perhaps I am a warrior, I have found myself thinking of late, perhaps my willingness to defend the weak is enough to push me from the safety of non-violence to become the stallion that my father had been so sure I never would become.

I do not know what she has planned for us – organized training, perhaps? I’ve never done such a thing. I spend my spare time climbing the rocky canyons of my herd land and racing through the dunes to build stamina. I’ve sparred – if one counts kicking away prowling jackals and hyenas as sparring, but never have I laid hoof, tooth, or horn on another equine.