• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Prick of the Thorn[Nymph, gathered]
    another doctor's bill, another lawyer's bill - another cute cheap thrill.
    you know that you love him if you put him in your will.

The days had ticked by like the second hand on a grandfather clock.  Having lived in a learn quick or die up bringing time was nothing.  She hadn't kept track of the when's and where's of her short life and I doubt he cared for exact details on her where abouts... She was alive and well, that's what really mattered.  

Beqanna was her birthplace and though she had freed herself of its grip something beckoned her back within its clutches or someone.  Wandering the outlands she had run into very few familiar faces.  Most recently before coming a pair of equines who had a proposition... One of potential power.  Their words were like honey to the hive of thoughts she had... Ones of gaining powers her mother had wished upon all her minions.  She was not one of those fortunate enough to bare one by lineage alone.  She'd have to earn hers and earn she would...

Devilish grin played about her features as she eyed her father.  He was as she remembered and expected honestly.  It was warming even to her cold heart.  He motioned a "walk with me, talk with me" offering... She entertained the offer.  She matched him stride for stride, eye to eye.  A nod was given to his compliment on her health.  She was of few words unless they were needed.  Solitaire life needs no words so she was accustom to it.  As they walked her harsh expression that was the norm for her diminished slightly.  Maybe she didn't feel she had to be so on edge in his presence. 

She listened to his next words as the picked their way through the land.  Lush green grasses faded to dried fodder as the days grew short once again. This was her favorite time of year.  The new life of Spring and sustaining summer weather was now dying.  Giving way to the darkness to follow.  She grinned.  His words were as she expected them to be... Kind, curious to her presence and probably a tad hinting towards her plots.  She was her mother's daughter after all.

I have my reasons for coming back to Beqanna.  As for seeing you, can I not wish my father well?

Devilish grin once more played with her features. She knew he would catch her question as not a question at all.  Maybe it was her passive way of saying she missed having family around without seeming like she cared nor needed anyone.  She entertained him with a question of her own...

Where do you call home these days?

Unsure of where exactly she fit into this new Beqanna she was homeless so to speak.  The dark parts of her clashed with most dwellings here it seemed.  She'd need to figure out something soon though...

Karaugh

illicit daughter of nymphetamine and killgore

Take a bite
    If you dare

Messages In This Thread
    Prick of the Thorn[Nymph, gathered] - by Karaugh - 12-17-2016, 02:19 PM
    RE: Prick of the Thorn[Nymph, gathered] - by Karaugh - 12-19-2016, 11:37 PM