• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

rime of the ancient mariner; any
    Beqanna seemed to beckon her from her castle in the sky. Mountain tops, tall trees, the linger of mist on cool spring mornings. These were her companions since her willing departure from her birth place. At times, Romantica things of her sister...her mother. But it is when she has seen every ocean, scaled every range and covered every last bit of earth her steady limbs could find, she returns.

Nothing is the same.

Beqanna, with her quiet resolve and tireless droning, is different. The old deer paths of childhood are gone and replaced by bent and broken shrubbery of a fire long passed. The earth feels desolate...raped and left for dead. Nostrils expand to expose the delicate pink lining within in effort to find a granule of familiarity, a face, a name. But truly, would any remember the dappled mare?

No. She does not expect it but the instinctive urge to seek out her remains of family tighten her breast. Surely, the ever lasting Prague had not succumb to the change? What of her twin? Deep green eyes rotate, gauging the newly thickened forest with annotations and tucking away her observations. Rom's expression flattens in silent determination as she walks steadily through the overgrown passage ways in hopes to run into another being. The mare had spent the past three years in chosen solitude but now...now she needs to see another face, know another name to feel the reassurance that she is not alone.

To know Beqanna is not a bleak and barren land of rusted memories and jagged edges.

Romantica

still getting use to this lovely, bear with me Smile
    He came like a storm upon the horizon, powerful and silent.  A mixture of neutral hues drawing nearer.  Onlookers wondering if they should watch in awe or take shelter but something draws them to observe as it rolls in... Waiting to see what happens

Like all great storms there is a calm before the chaos it will surely create.  

As the solider marches forth upon the new lands far from his kingdom, he scans the new terrain... Searching, seeking for a familiar face.  He sees none among the many who gathered here.  He had reason to venture from his home lands... A need to find a lost one.  
    His regal crown held high, nares flared as he drew in scents.  What was this? A perfume so sweet.  He twisted his massive nape to the direction the winds brought this delightful treat.  Like the aroma of freshly baked sweets it tempted him.  Sky hued occults fixed upon a figure not far off.  The same neutral hues as he but frame much more delicate, more feminine, more beautiful...
    He could not help but stare and was not ashamed of it. What shame was there in looking upon a work of art.  But a great work of art has a story, a deeper meaning... The grandest beauty was not always just what you can see.  He had to know the beauty within this master piece...

With a flirtatious whip to his flanks from silver tassels his crown tucked tightly against his chest.  Daggers took stride towards the beauty.  He neared in a two step dance of his lineage hoping to interest her in conversing.  He slowed to a halt a respectful distance from her.  Crown untucked from his deep chest and extended a greeting to her...

I beg thee pardoned M'Lady for I could not help but gaze upon such beauty from a far.

He dipped his crown in respect but was not in the least bit sorry for staring.  

How are you this fine day?

He awaited her answer hoping she was well.  She seemed to be searching for something or someone as was he.  Maybe she wished for company of another.  He would be more than happy to help in any way he could.
    She started to leave at the sight of the approaching stallion. Two greys; one each gender, the classic tale of the mare's form capturing the man's fancy. She did not care for romance nor a farce of proper manners such as his. She wanted someone strong and sure, one who would also have the strength to accept help when he needs it most. Who could let himself lean upon those who love him for balance.

An impossible ideal.

But she wishes, dreams, nevertheless.

And approaches.

"Hello." She whispers, jaw still recovering. Welted scars that would never truly heal showing the silhouette of a halter that had once restricted her, nearly killed her. Some wounds still festered, unwilling to heal. But she speaks, regardless.
     NIER
    His magic had been restored. Invisibility. And so of course that's what he was: entirely invisible. Always.

He leaned casually on the elbow of a raised wing, pressed against a thick tree as he observed all the comings and goings with a bored stare. He chewed nonchalantly on a chunk of crisp apple. Sweet juices coated his tongue in a smooth flow of succulent flavor, surmising where his next form of entertainment would come from. What else around here might be just as ripe and delicious? And then there she was.

Truthfully, she hadn't caught his eye right away. She was a bit plain at first glance, a gray. Just gray. Some dapples. She did carry herself with an interesting form of grace though, almost as though she could float across the land instead of merely walking like the rest of the world. No, she hadn't attracted his attention on her own. He wasn't one to admire someone quite so perfectly lovely.

No, it was when the man locked on to her like a target that truly brought him around. His chewing slowed as he watched, then stopped. The gray male was dancey and prancey, held his head real high like some gallant prince. Oh, this is going to be good. Nier pushed off from the tree, taking to the sky on stealthy wings. He dropped quietly a ways behind her, the pretty one, -well he supposed they both were quite pretty weren't they. The sound of his steps were masked by the drifts of wind stirring up the grasses and dancing around his legs.

"I beg thee pardoned M'Lady," the pansy spit out like a stream of glitter and confetti. This was indeed going to be much fun. Nier smirked, still invisible; always invisible. "...for I could not help but gaze upon such beauty from a far."

Nier stretched a wing silently toward the woman, ready and waiting. Expecting it. And when the man called her "beauty" he brushed his feathers like fingers across her cheek. A soft caress, unseen, feather-light. He grinned broadly, a wicked thing that only he knew was even there. By the time he was done, she was going to think the man had an unknown power, was touching her as he spoke. This is too good.

"How are you this fine day," the guy continued, and Nier quietly made his way around to her other side. Ready for the next move. A broken little thing joined the gathering, scars lining her face like some captive let free in the world. Fragile eyes looked over the pair of grays as she said "hello", and he wondered what sort of spin on this situation she might add. She'd better not ruin his fun.
    Today had just gotten so good.

Romantica

Seagreen glass pools study  the landscape quietly. They gather all the pieces. The great green firs standing like studious soldiers on the forest hills, the rhythmic grass sea of the meadow, vibrant colors of wildflower blooms gaily peppering the playground. It all was overwhelming in it's beauty.

The slate stained mare catches a scent, a sound. She shifts her weight and rotates to allow another graying horse to fall under her gaze. Ears move as the rather taller stallion moves into her space with a polite, tight smile running the length of his lips. Rom meets it with a pleasant gaze. "Hello." But instead of another greeting, the woman listens as the other compliments her features. Rom opens her mouth to reply with a curious look draping across her face but she halts when she feels a delicate stroke on her cheek.

"Wha-" She begins, her head turning over one shoulder and then the next, but only to be met with nothingness. "Did you...?" Her words come clustered, jagged with uneven edges, as she looks at the stallion, The granite mare's brow furrows as she is unsure what is really going on. First, a rather superfluous male approaches with pretty words and compliments and then suddenly she is being touched.

This is not okay with Romantica.

Green eyed gaze darkens as she eyes the stallion, lobes slowly beginning to pin themselves back. Rom doesn't appreciate being touched without her permission. "Who the fu-" -she begins before another horse approaches. Rom eyes this other mare who is simply TOWERING over her. Flighty with wariness, she tucks back with a lifted skull. "Hello." The word once again offered flatly but with steel lined edges. Dark eyes note the scares on the mare's face, her beaten demeanor. Odd.

My goodness, this was certainly an interesting day so far,

"Sorry if I.. Intruded on your little conversation." She says before looking where her nose said a third horse stood, though she saw none. Odd..

What troubles shall the realm bring today, I wonder..

"I know, my height tends to make others nervous." She says softly, voice still quaking slight, noting the mare taking in her own, taller, larger form. Priel stayed in the same, partly hunched form. Her ears forward but twitching at any small sound, eyes darting to follow any major movement. As if she still had to watch for a whip to come and bring welts to her already-marred flesh. As if she was still entrapped and controlled by harsh two-legged beings with an odd language she never really understood aside from basic commands. They were always angry with her, though, for some reasonless purpose beyond her knowledge.

Do not fail me, Wyrd of Fate, lest I fall against your will..
    The stallions massive frame stood motionless as he awaited angelic melodies from the lady. Orbs fixated on her features.  She reminded him of a winters day... Fresh snow gently dancing upon the breeze.  It wasnt nothing spectacular for it was just frozen water, white and cold... But upon looking closer you see the delicate patterns presented in such a simple, delicate form.  No two ever being identical.  It's beauty, so precious, brings a warmth to your soul.  

He had been so intoxicated by her he completely forgot formalities... Stupid me. His expressions fumbled as he spoke quickly to salvage the situation.  Upon opening his lips his words were stolen by her faltering expression.  What was light and curious turned dark and jagged.  Words fumbled from her and he could only cock his crown with confusion.  Once again formalities forgotten he spoke gently and rather concerned...

Is everything ok M'Dear?  You seem irritated.  I'm sorry if I offended ye
    Crown dipped in apology even though he was unsure what he was apologizing for.  

His interest in her blinded him to the equine that came forth.  Even though her frame towered over his, his gaze never left the Ebony and Ivory vixen.  To say he was smitten was an understatement.  He patiently and quietly waited for reason.  He would not just slink away like some scared boy.  Tail tucked in defeat.  When he saw something he wanted he had to have it, or at least try.  He did not back down easily...
     NIER
    Her reaction was worth it. There was a pleasantness in her composure, a calm that drew him in like a moth to flame. And then it was gone. Broken. Shattered at his sweet caress. He held back a chuckle, eyes dancing with mischief. She questioned the odd man, confusion all over her cute face. Maybe even some disgust in there, as her seagreen eyes pinned him with a haughty fire. Mmm, she was a fun one. He could only imagine what fun they might have were they alone together. Would she come to crave his ghosting touch? His coat shuddered in anticipation at the prospect. Pretty thing.

The heat in her gaze cooled when the other approached, the tall and awkward one. She gave her short greeting and fell quiet. He turned his attention to that other, smirking when he saw she was looking towards where he'd been minutes before. Not there, little one. Nice try. Ah but the man was speaking, and at the gray woman's opposite side, Nier stood at the ready with laughing eyes but total silence, wing outstretched.

"Is everything ok M'Dear?" Touch. Another light sweep, feathers along her smooth neck. If only his tips had sensors he could really feel her. Probably warm and so, so soft. Perhaps some other time he could get closer. Find out for himself. "You seem irritated. I'm sorry if I offended ye." A gentle finger under her chin. A devious grin. How would she react this time? He was enjoying this entertainment. Her reactions were so vivid, so raw. He could practically breathe them in and feed off them.

Mmm.. Give me more, love. Come away now.
    Let's be alone now.

He ached to whisper in her ear. But it was too soon. She would have to choose to leave on her own. Or he would have to find her again some other time. The idea was not all that thrilling. It took the slightest bit of commitment to stalk her, and with so many pulled in by her beauty, alone-time was going to be a rare thing. Such a pity. Why must you be so pretty?

He moved quietly away from her side again, mindful not to stay in the same place too long. Sometimes they got too clever for their own good. He didn't want to have to hurt anyone, now did he? So he stood at a safe distance, both wings held up and curled. Like a bird prepared for a quick take-off. He would not be found out by this foolish crowd. If needed, he would remove himself, let them have their little chat. He would be the one at her side by night.

If he wished it.

Romantica

The gray woman flickers a single ear towards the large mare, lids slitting in scrutiny as she is not sure if the comment was in mockery or jest. Little conversation? Romy registers it all for a moment as she should hope a creature such at the ruddy woman would not belittle another for any sake other than simple conversation. But then the unnamed woman remarks about how others are unsettled by her height. Well that was not exactly far from the truth but Romy is not exactly a vulnerable so instead of acting like a cheeky brat she instead spreads a smile over her delicately molded features in a serene smile. "I'm Romantica. It's lovely to meet you."

The sea glass of Romy's eyes meet Orion's with a glint of curiosity. He seemed gentled, of a different mold. Even his curious dialect was of another land or realm. "I thought I was seeking someone but I'm not sure if I am anymore..." The words trail off from the delicate pink of her tongue, tip-tap against the edges of her teeth. Romy does not care to elaborate but there is another sensation against her sensitive skin. She quivers unwillingly from the sensation and once again her eyes widen in the suspicion of some trickery. What sadistic bastard thrived on her wide eyes and paranoia? The dappaled woman ponders whether the stallion before her was capable of such heinous actions. A quick jerk motion of her face swivels over either shoulder as fright creeps under her skin, tangling and embedding in her nerves. "Oh, uh, sorry,-" Romy attempts, "there is just some kind of...sensation...I can't explain it." The clear green of her eyes darken in her distraught. "Have you felt it?" The question if offered to either unnamed horse. No matter what the answer may be, Romy worries for the answer she may receive.

But there was something that touching her, caressing her, stroking her...

It was not entirely unwanted either...Romantica would admit to herself that the contact, the gentle touches, were a quench to a thirst that she had harbored for so long.

As the trio stood there in the Forest for some time he became accustom to eachs scent.  Strong and present scents, both presented before him. Like a ladies perfume so sweet and tempting. He couldn't help but catch a faint scent of another though here and there... A pungent scent that was like pepper to his nares.  He did not know why it shifted so around them but he tried his best to ignore it.

His attention refocused upon the equines before him.  The one he seeked had announced her given name to the other... Surely the Angels chose Romantica for her.  A smile played upon his expression as he spoke...

I beg thee pardon M'Lady.  I have yet to properly introduce myself, my name tis Orion.  It is a pleasure to be in ye's presence on this beautiful day.

He dipped his crown but it was cut short by her reaction.  A quiver to her hide and confusion across her features.  He looked upon her, his smile fading.  She spoke of a sensation and questioned whether he had the same feeling.  He pondered quietly of sensations he was feeling but none of which she spoke of.  

I am sorry I have not.  You sure you are ok?

He lowered his muzzle to the ground inhaling deeply, trying to find the source of her distress.  Tassels whipped upon his flank.  Lobes flickered about.  Maybe she had an itch that needed to be scratched.  He took a step forward muzzle extended towards her nape... He spoke softly,

May i?

He awaited a response from her, for touching another without consent was just plain rude