• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kiss them for me { any }

Poised. Beautiful. Exotic. Untouchable.

Bast slips into the field, with long silken tail draped behind her like an elegant black veil. Her compact and curvy body was a deep grulla with striking dark brindle markings that melded into her inky face and legs. Mismatched colored eyes sparkle from behind long black lashes, they flicker about, looking for a place to rest herself. The land is dark, a night sky covered with clouds and a light warm rain fell. Distant thunder rumbles the ground, making her body tingle with the anticipation of the coming storm. 

She is a sight to behold, and only that. Her selfhood is that of a coiled viper. Sleek, tempting, and full of poison. She could tempt any man, yet deliver a devastating bite. She sighs, eyes showing boredom. Nothing to play with here it seems...she wants attention, she wants to seek enjoyment in seducing some unfortunate soul. So far, her mismatched eyes see nothing. But, she waits by a babbling stream with a sense of archness. Ready to tempt one lucky man...or woman.

B A S T

I heard a rumor, what have you done to her?

OOC: Sorry it's a little rough. New character with no history lol, trying to get the feel of her Smile
    Sun moved closer to the other horses who rested peacefully. Still on the outskirts he noticed a striking mare, her grulla coat thought dark was still noticeable in the moonlight and the way she walked...well... sunshadow had never seen any mare quite like her. He watched her knowing they were polar opposites, The way she walked and held herself was completely different to his in-trusting, cautious stance. Yes, he had become more assured in his senses after so long alone but when it came to other horses no sense could prepare him for that eventual betrayal.
     As the moon rose higher in to the sky he decided to talk to her, he walked nervously down, trying to relax his tense shoulders and ease the dryness in his throat.
     "hello" he spoke to the mare, suprised by the sound of his voice and unsure of it after his solitude, " what brings you to the fields"...
    Sun Shadow
    ...I walk alone...
    — find what you love and let it kill you —

The field does not exactly teem with life, but it simmers with it. Watching, on the outskirts, Magnus can see the way life toys with the edges here, newcomer coming more steadily, the other lands rising to shake the dust from their coats as they come and present their offerings. He has come to grow content with his new routine, has come to accept it as normal, the way it had once been normal for him to come here with words of the Gates and its quiet paradise on his tongue. In many ways, his offering of Tephra is more natural than the one of the Gates. He had never belonged there, not truly, but the land had come to belong to him. He had grown to love its peace, its silence. He had come to love its quiet strength.

Tephra though. Oh, Tephra was wild. It was overgrown in areas, shadowed in others. The volcano jutted up from the skyline in all of its majestic glory, the fog curling around its base. The soil was rich and the vegetation lush; even with sulphur in the air and magma running fingers throughout the land, it was the same kind of paradise as the jungle had once been: beautiful, but dangerous. Stunning, but fatal.

And so, when he sees her, dual-colored eyes fierce and watches the golden hued stallion approach, he cannot help but make his way toward her, curiosity nipping at his heels as he came to a stop. “Hello,” he offered, his voice whiskey and fire. “It is a lovely night.” His mane was wild, tangled, damp from the rain, but his gold-flecked eyes were electric, alive with the possibility of the storm brewing in their depths.  “My name is Magnus.” He dipped his head toward both, scarred mouth lifting into a crooked grin.

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

we’re on each other’s team…
    Iasan followed his mother through the field on their way home. Reagan had kept her son with her—having been to the water hole for a bit of swimming—and they moved together as a seamless machine. He was much larger now. His black spotted hide was his calling card, and he loved that he was distinguishable amongst the throng of small creatures like him that were to be seen flittering about from one place to the next. His head bobbed around him, viewing the world that sprang to life with the summer flowers, and able to finally keep up with his mother’s pace.

Reagan knew that Iasan was behind her. She said nothing to him but kept on, her green eyes on the treeline in front of her, itching to get home to the rest of her family—her brood. How she had acquired so many children, when she had never been a mother to any of her previous sprogs, was a wonder to her. She was not a natural maternal figure, and yet she found herself the leader of not a kingdom, but a family; a pack that stuck together and worked together for the good of the trees that they protected.

Instead, a familiar scent rides the air, and to her left, she sees a familiar friend charming up another female. New flesh.

A friendly sense of competition springs forth, and a crooked smile plays on her lips as she turns her coarse; Iasan watches her, and with a nod, bounces off to the forest and the company of his sisters. He would be well looked after there.

Reagan, on the other hand, makes her way to Magnus, and nodding in his direction with a grin, introduces herself to the small band—not having seen that there was yet another to be added to the throng. “Hello there Magnus. Charming the ladies, I see. Did he tell you guys that he lives near a posh looking volcano? It is erupting almost constantly, and the entire area smells of smoke. Except the one patch of land to the far borders south where the light of the mountain does not touch.” She gives Magnus all the side-eyes. She hopes he knows that she is merely teasing him for the fun of it; she is of course, partial to her redwoods. “My name is Reagan, of the Taiga. I was just on my way home, when I saw Magnus here, and had to stop for a chat.”