• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but when you wake up she's always gone, gone, gone; any
    Her heart is in her throat, her muscles bunching under her, reading to spring at her mommy the moment her head appears out of the bush …

But the face that breaks through the leaves is dark and tinged with gray. “I'm sorry love, I'm not your mommy.” Her face falls, and though she fights, she can’t help the tears that start welling up at the corners of her eyes. “I … I … I thought you were Mommy …”

The strange mare reaches out to her, kind, concerned. “But if you wish to, you may call me your mommy. Whats your name sweet child?” Eri’s eyes narrow and she draws back, leaning away from the questing muzzle. The corners of her lips draw downward into a firm pout. “But you’re not my Mommy!” The thought of calling someone else her Mommy? Well … it’s just not ok. She suddenly remembers that the mare had asked for her name. “I’m Eri. And you’re NOT my Mommy.”

The crunch of heavy hooves startles her, and she scuttles backwards as a large chestnut stallion stomps into the mouth of the hollow. He says no one is moving, and Eri’s little blue head cocks to the side in confusion. No one is moving? But no one had been moving? They’d only been talking? “Who are you?” Her eyes return to the grey mare, as if suddenly remembering her presence. “And who are you?!”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but when you wake up she's always gone, gone, gone; any - by Eri - 11-30-2016, 12:18 AM