• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all you have is your fire - diplomats

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

The cat that twines around my feet is met first with a scowl, and then recognition as I realize that this must be Camrynn in yet another form. I had not been frightened despite the fact that the wildcat is a predator – I know I am capable of defending myself from something a third of my size – but I am still a little relieved when she shifts back into an equine. There are some instincts, I have found, that do not fade despite our fancy civilizations, and wariness of predators is chief among them.

I return Camrynn’s smile with one of my own and a nod of my head: “Perhaps I’ll even learn something,” I say with a low laugh, and am then distracted by the arrival of a grey mare and colt.

The two of them together are familiar, and I wonder, briefly, if I might have recognized them separately. “Hello Ramiel,” I say with a genuine smile, nodding happily at the young colt as he steps forward and introduces himself to Camrynn. Though I’d known that he and his mother were from the Dale, it had somehow never occurred to me that I might come across them today. “I am,” I say to Tallulah with another brief smile, but rather than ask the same of her I turn back to Camrynn, knowing that she’ll take the lead in these diplomatic proceedings. I’m not here to talk with old acquaintances, after all, I’m here to observe.

Though I have never officially met Tiphon, I had seen the stallion often from a distance. He was a part of my mother’s kingdom but I was only a child, a child that was not at all social outside of my family (and even then, there was little talk on my part). So while I know who he is, and know that he rules the kingdom that my mother had left leaderless upon her death, I know nothing of him beyond that. He looks much like I remember (though I am much changed, no longer a bumbling foal but a fully grown stallion), and I greet him with a polite lowering of my horned head in deference of his position.

Messages In This Thread
    all you have is your fire - diplomats - by Kreios - 05-16-2015, 09:29 AM
    RE: all you have is your fire - diplomats - by Kreios - 05-26-2015, 12:57 PM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 05-26-2015, 10:27 PM