• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A Rose in the Rain [ANY/ALL]

Nymphetamine

To say the blood bay had been absent was an understatement. He had taken the drastic changes to his home in stride, he had done what he must, and he had walked away proud to see the alliance he helped build sustain the trauma of The Reckoning. Everything was different, everything had changed, but the bonds of the alliance gave those within a strong foundation to stand on. The bay had found Siba and the injured Nikita, he had ushered them to safety so that they two could take shelter in the new land. Sure the land wasn't organized, but it was safe. Nymphetamine had gone looking for Killdare, when he had been missing. He had comforted his once queen, he had spoken his thoughts on castes and ruling systems. He had done what he muts, he had helped build the land, he had taken care of those he considered his, and righted the wrongs he made in haste as a youth.  Indeed, the once necromancer had held it together nicely since everything had unraveled at the seams.

But his stake in the lands was grown stagnant, he felt without purpose, and without a foothold to make way for anything of purpose he had drifted. He had left the the populated main lands of Tephra and sought solitude in the thickest of forest. By the mists that that still hang over Beqanna after the fae came down and carved a mountain from nothing. The days blurred into nothing, a seamless expanse of time, a never-ending whirl of dawn and dusk. He wasn’t sure how long the trance like slumber lasted but when he awoke he knew he must return. He had left the lands for far longer than intended, and he felt the need to check to ensure that everything was ok in Tephra that they were not in need. The bay moved slowly, foot after foot, steadily making his way to the volcano that was Tephra. Ready to be reunited with those that had been such a large part of his life, the journey seemed longer that it did before. The landscape changed slowly before him from dense forest to flat grassy lands to hills, and more.  The sky was clear for a winter day and the sun was trying it’s best to brighten the lands. Well at least the the necromancer, it was a great day.

However, something happened as he moved closer, the urgency to return to Tephra dwindled, and while he wanted to visit his friends, he found no real pull to Tephra. Maybe it was the fact he left when it was new, or maybe it was time for a new adventure, he was not sure. Nymphetamine only knew that Tephra didn’t feel like home. It was not the pine and evergreen forest of Chamber, and it missed a little something. Before he realized it his hooves had changed direction, his course had altered, and the field stood before him. His muscles twitched,hesitation in him as he stood at the precipice of the lands. Was this what he wanted? Did he want to throw himself out for something completely new to which he had no ties? Or did he need to return to Tephra? His heart was still with Chamber, a place that no longer existed, but the inhabitants still did. Was that enough? He didn’t know but knew if he was meant to stay in Tephra they would come. So he entered the field, a  place he hadn’t been in many years.

Winter was not his time, something that anyone who knew him would know as he was vocal about his displeasure with it. His nearly 11 years in Beqanna showed on his young appearance. He had scars from battles won and lost, lines that told his story, but many would not believe his time was so lengthy due to his immortality that made him appear no more that 7. His body was that of one in his prime, but Nymph was wiser as his years outnumbered his outward appearance. The time Nymphetamine spent with Chamber had been one of bartering treaties and nurturing relationships, he had become a pretty good negotiator during that time, and he wondered what else would come of this venture to the field.

The sun struggled to climb higher into the sky, as he worked through the snow towards the center of the field. The day was young and he hoped for the best. Part of him hoped it would be Tephra, but another part of him craved an adventure.

Like a thorn to the Holy Ones

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    i suddenly feel like a different person
    from the roots of my soul comes a gentle coercion

The bay is drifting like a feather on the water's surface. He blows to and fro with an ever so slight press of wind or the occasional ripple from beneath the water's surface. Amber pools observe from the a side swept forelock with quiet interest. She wants to see his existence undisturbed or influenced. She wants to see him raw and exposed.

The tall mare is still despite the cut of cold gusts, tossing up a spittle of frozen snow against her skin but since the restoration of her traits, the cold does not bother her anymore. Slender limbs seek to move her as the bay drifts away. "Hello there." Her voice tiptoes through the fat winter flakes that fall upon them. She tries to seem inviting, exude warmth. Marlyn is unaccustomed to this game...this dance. her mother was so much better with words but the spotted youth had taken after her father, Kreios, in so many ways. Marlyn attempts to divert the air of awkwardness with a soft cough and a small smile. "I'm Marlyn-"

She hesitates there and clips the rest of her title off. There was no need to give more than her name to the wayward male,

"-of Sylva. Perhaps I could tell you a little more about it? I imagine you are not here in this cold field for fun." She laughs gently, a soft tinkling before a smile silences her playful expression. Marlyn feels her heart clutch for a moment as the older man seemed pained. It always bothered her to witness the hurt of others.
    marlyn

omg, i am so sorry this is poop...mar is getting us to recruiting...
    — find what you love and let it kill you —

Magnus day had once again picked up a certain routine, a certain stability.

Once again, he’d dove head-first into work. He had begun venturing to the surrounding lands (kingdoms? it seemed strange to call them something else) to begin talks of peace and treaties. He was active in greeting those who ventured into his lush, sulfuric home. He guarded those who continued to call Tephra their own as they slept and, most of all, he left her to her inhabitants and ventured to the field. Day in and day out, he made his way back here to find those who were looking for a place to rest their head.

Some days, it was fruitless and he simply wandered a barren land, his gold-flecked eyes washing over a land stripped clean of newcomers. Other days though, other days, he was able to find lost souls, returning horses, and those who had stumbled fresh upon Beqanna’s shores. This never failed to send a thrill through him. He loved nothing more than meeting new horses and helping guide them to the next chapter.

Today though was different, and he certainly did not miss the irony in the situation.

When his eyes lighted upon Nymphetamine, he could not stop the chuckle that sounded in his throat. It seemed the pair of them were forever destined to cross paths in the Field. Perhaps this time, the end result would not be so ill-fated. Humored, he made his way toward Nymph, unsurprised when the mare beat him there. He came to a stop, nodding toward Marlyn. “Hello, Maryln, it’s a pleasure. My name is Magnus.”

He then turned toward the bay stallion, humor sparking in his eyes, lips pulling into his roguish, crooked smile. “Fancy seeing you here, Nymph.” He paused a beat, considering saying more and then deciding against it. He was sure the stallion had his reasons, and he wouldn’t push him for it. At least this time, he hadn’t found out the stallion was actually a double agent. They were making progress, it would seem.

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    let me tell you something baby,
    you love me for everything you hate me for
    Kimber has lost most everything familiar - her home, her children and her sense of belonging but one thing she hadn't lost sight of was Nymphetamine. Although it had been a couple of years since she made her presence known, she watched from afar as her prior lover carried about. Warship had just come home before the war and she had lost sight of him once again; some hearts were just not meant to stay in place. The dip dyed mare watches as he moves towards the field, it is much colder than she had previously recalled but so much had changed with the reckoning that it was hard to differentiate what is reality. Perhaps it was truly in Kimber's nature to be argumentative or maybe it was her sense of possessiveness over Nymph (though, he surely didn't reciprocate) that drove her to the crowd; a woman with an invitation and a man with a smirk, a curious nature. With a few sways of her hips, she finds herself amongst the trio - her amber eyes shooting to Marlyn and Magnus first, a curt nod given. "Marlyn and Magnus, was it? I'm Kimber, you clearly know his name now but probably don't know that I'll be accompanying him," she squints as she looks towards the blood bay. Kimber was often bold in times you wouldn't expect her to be, especially since they had not breathed a word to one another in quite some time. She was never dull that much is certain.

"The Chamber got probably the better parts of me but Nymph is an asset, what do you have to offer him?" she doesn't know either of these characters, their home or intentions - the new Beqanna was full of uncertainty but the dip-dye mare would preserve. Resilience and starting over was no stranger to her or her mother before her.

Butting in is what she's good at but I'm rusty at writing her so be patient. Big Grin
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    First, she had been proud to be borne of the sisterhood.
    The Reckoning filled her with hope that the Amazons would survive.
    Naga’s reign brought turmoil and questions to Nayl’s mind whether she wanted to remain.
    Now, she binds herself to everything it is, everything it will be.

Nayl hadn’t lost all hope in Nerine, otherwise she would have abandoned its shores with all the others. They disappeared as though consumed by the waves, but they will begin trickling back now under the undergoing changes. Their returns will be marked and duly noted, their names plastered into Nayl’s shielded mind. They abandoned when she was still there with Djinni, but they will likely accuse her of no rightful claim to the throne.

Let them whine and recoil.

Holding herself proudly, Nayl observes the bustling field. She sees a blur of faces as they come and go, their scents muddled together. It doesn’t deter her from delving deeper into the tall grass, her left shoulder generating a minor limp from her recent battle. Although it went unfinished (still with her desired verdict) she still acquired minor bruising and swelling. It hinders her, but hardly, as her eyes settle on first the solitary male, then the group that congregates around him. The smells that drift into her nostrils are foreign as none of their herd have gone to explore the other lands. Their ranks had been set aside with their duties and so no one knew what to do or where to go. Irritated by their ignorance Nayl conceals her uncertainty and hungrily devours any information she can acquire from the small group.

”And I’m Nayl,” she adds nonchalantly as the distance among them is closed. Her fiery eyes flicker from one to the other, but it’s Kimber’s bold nature that grasps her attention most. A slight inclination of her head betrays her building curiosity as she briefly attempts to determine the link between Nymphetamine and Kimber, but she resigns quickly. ”It would be a matter of what we can offer you both and not just him, no?” Unless the blue-black mare was a pet more than anything. ”I’m sure you all have heard the pretty descriptions of the wealth and happiness that lands can bring you, the power and the adventure,” it was a favorite speech among recruiters in the field, ”So I’ll be blunt. I’m from Nerine, and while the place has been quiet as of late, it’s on the rise now. Each of these lands are new and still being established which leaves ranks open for all.” Her body weight shifts to allow a short relief for her shoulder. ”What is it, exactly, the two of you are looking for?”

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation

Nymphetamine

(well since I write so slow it is now summer in BQ almost fall, and I started this in winter...i am going to keep it in the winter. yolo)

Nymphetamine was restless, torn between purpose and heart and the turmoil he felt as he waited was tumultuous. His heart was with Tephra, but he had lost his purpose since its formation, with 4 once kings or queens he didn’t know what he was meant to. The blood bay knew he needed that drive to keep his connection with wherever he called home. He fumbled around the thought of just leaving the field and returning to Tephra, but if ever there was a time for a new purpose it was now. His breath danced before him in the late winter day. It was damp, not so much bitingly cold but chilled due to the thawing that was occurring. Nymphetamine watched the field as it was always a favorite thing of his. The interactions of others had always been a favorite pass time-- given his life’s work it was fitting, and today was no different. Today it was his interaction that would be most surprising. It was too late to run, as a female approached him.

Her mostly bay body swayed as she approached and he wondered where she was from, what starting over within new lands would be like, would it be worth it. The most faint of mutterings fell from his lips, “what the hell am I getting myself into?” He was sure no one heard him, so he allowed himself a faint smile as the amber of her eyes became visible, and she exhaled her greeting. She was trying to be friendly, and it made him smile more, as he remembered his own initial attempts at recruiting. Nymphetamine felt old for a moment, though he didn’t look a day over 10, as the memories flooded over him. Marlyn, her name, the present pulled him back as it must. ”Nymphetamine of...well, I’m unsure--” He was cut off by a familiar buckskin, Magnus. A laugh immediately left him, though he tried to choke it back. ”Magnus, you old man, are we ever going to stop meeting here? I suppose you are curious as to why I am here....” The story wasn’t much of a tale, the blood bay simply needed to know he had a purpose. He explained to Magnus and Marlyn, that Tephra had enough rulers and leaders and he had been unsure what use he was, that he was unsure he could serve another kingdom, or wanted to, but knew if no one Tephra came that would be his sign to move on. Nymphetamine’s mind was not made up, but he was hoping Magnus’ response would help him decide to entertain Marlyn’s Sylva.

A sympathetic look was given to Marlyn, it was hard enough to recruit let alone recruit someone who had such a history with a group such as Nymph and those in Tephra. He didn’t want to waste her time, but didn’t want to cast her away either. It was never easy or simple deciding one’s future. And like with many major moments of his past, Kimber appeared as if she knew he needed extra complications. Shock was the first thing he felt. He had found no trace of her, though he had looked everywhere after the Reckoning. Relief followed shortly after, for as much as he believed she did not truly care for him, he had yet to get over her. He knew she had already picked up on the expressions on his face, but hell he would vocally affirm anything to her, the stubborn blue mare was more than capable of shutting him down-- as she had many times over. ”Well look what the cat dragged in. Nice of you to join the party Kimber.” But as she said he would be accompanying him, annoyance flourished within him. She wanted him around on her terms, when she wanted it. Like a damn cat-- love me, but not to much, and not like that, and only when I want it. But it was Kimber and his annoyance never lasted long-- he was doomed to always care for her, until they actually made a go at being together or she released him. It was what it was, and he would have her by his side in stubborn annoyance. It was better than the alternative of not at all.

Kimber belittles her fierce loyalty, she offers just as much as I, for we both lead the castes of Chamber before the powers that be brought us to this new version of home. I’ve already explained what I need to know, I am sure that Kimber would want the same.” His words were like a long exhale of acceptance and relief. Kimber and Nymphetamine-- it was never simple, but at least they were consistent. The blood bay’s spur the moment decision had become quite the little surprising gathering. One became two, then three, and four within moments. But four was simply not enough, as a fifth appeared. Her name was Nayl, of Nerine. And she was a frank one, no mess, a little removed maybe? Either way she addressing Kimber… no both of them? Was Nerine the new version of the Jungle? He was unsure but allowed her to speak before the smirk took over his mouth and the long trained diplomatic skills took their place in the forefront of his actions. ”Ah, while we had not yet discussed the fate awaiting us at the other land, it was nice to hear the honest appraisal of your lands standings and opportunities. Would that be for Kimber only then? I believe I smell the faintest smell of Jungle still clinging to you from days before. Though I dare not speak for Kimber-- she does that well enough on her own, I must hear from the others before I reply to such offerings, and if they were for Kimber only then I will leave it to her to decide if she no longer wishes to accompany me.” His attention returned to the original two representatives. His heart in his throat, as he waited for what would happen.

Like a thorn to the Holy Ones

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

we’re on each other’s team…
    Taiga was not a kingdom.

It had never been intended to be a place of leaders and Kings. It was a place where those with family could come and live and be in peace—for all worked for the good of the pack. And at the top of this echelon was dear Reagan, the Irish lady who was afraid of potatoes.

And yet, with all her eccentricities, Ruan loved her just as she was, and they supported each other and the children they reared within the protection of the forest. Neither had intended to lead it, or be the ones to bolster its borders. But instead they find themselves a home, and the ability to control it and protect themselves. They are, for lack of a better turn of phrase, a pack. The wolves patrolled the lands by night, and they would forever.

And so, when the white wolf stalks the group, she smiles with her white fangs and her pretty pink tongue hanging from her mouth. She senses dissatisfaction from the one who calls himself Nymphetamine, and from the one who claims to be with him. Such loyalty is admirable. For a machine cannot run properly without all the parts. All parts are crucial, and whole. But they work better together, and that is the way things are meant to be. Reagan without Ruan would not be what she was—indeed, she would cease to exist in her current form. And so she transforms her body to her birth form. Her hunt forgotten, she approaches them all. Magnus and Nayl are known to her—and she knows suddenly that the two she does not know are in search of a home… a future, that could be determined together. She does not wait for the pleasantries. She is hungry, and must return to her hunt soon… “I could not help but overhear,” she says, “But you seem to be looking for a place to call home together. My name is Reagan, and if you want protection, consider my family your own. All are welcome, for it is because of loyalty that the Taiga is able to exist at all.”

She hesitates, her eyes going to Magnus and Nayl. This was a game that she normally plays better than this.

Blame it on a hungry stomach.

Magnus is not surprised that this meeting has grown so quickly. In the aftermath of the Reckoning, the lands had been tumultuous, stormy, but they had begun to die down, to grow more stable—and such stability bred curiosity and a hunger to grow. The field was not as rich with activity as it maybe once had been, but it was certainly buzzing more—both with those looking for a home and those coming to offer it.

His attention, however, is drawn away from the stallion in question to the mare who arrives next to the group. She was blunt, and Magnus found he could appreciate it. It reminded him of his mother and the spitfire women who he had been raised amongst. He always did appreciate a woman with a sharp tongue.

“Kimber, is it?” he said in similar fashion, his whiskey-voice rough on his tongue. “My offer may perhaps be for only one,” half teasing but underlying with steely truth. Magnus did not take well to ultimatums, and he certainly wasn’t going to be bullied by someone he had just met. “As for Nymph being an asset,” he rolled his head toward the blood bay, scarred lips curving, “he certainly is for the highest bidder.”

Perhaps a little cold, but also the truth—for Magnus at least. Their first interaction had not been the best, seeing as Nymph had sold him and the Gates out for the Chamber, but such old wounds had healed. Magnus had accepted the stallion’s apology and truly did understand his motivation behind his actions.

That didn’t mean he wouldn’t remember it.

For a while, Magnus fell silent, watching as Nayl came up and gave her pitch, as Nymph prodded back and then explained his situation, and then as Reagan approached, his smile growing mischievous as he gave her a quick grin in greeting. When it had finally grown silent again, he fixed his gaze on the man at the center of the commotion, his expression growing more serious. “I am not here to bargain for you or to plead. You need to go to where your heart calls you, and if it is not with Tephra, then so be it.”

His gaze settled momentarily on Kimber and his mouth quirked before settling.

“The truth is that Tephra has changed since you were last there. Eight, Malis, and Offspring had stepped down from the Council to lead their lives in peace amongst Tephra residents, and I currently lead alone. I have empty spots on the Council to fill.” He considered telling him more, but kept his cards close to his chest. They were in a time of peace, but that did not mean that he needed to tell the other lands exactly what was occurring in the inner workings of Tephra. He had more of a mind for strategy than that.

“They are not going to be given to you, but were you to return, were you to prove that you had an interest in helping lead Tephra, they would be open to you.” He flicked his gaze to Kimber, unable to resist the urge to barb her. “And perhaps even to you.” He had a feeling he could get used to teasing the mare.

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

sorry if this is out of order! just had muse for it. Big Grin
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    Ruan
    He was late to arrive, and had not even intended on coming. The sight of his mate in her winter-white fur coat pulled to him like a form of gravity. The piece of her soul that was lodged within him flared to bright light the closer he came to her, like a homing beacon to his other half. Glacial blue eyes lit on her, then slid across the others she addressed in cool indifference. Magnus was the only other he recognized, and earned a nod of mutual respect to the almost-acquaintance. Another, the painted woman, he knew by scent alone; had sensed it lingering on Reagan and his daughter's coats.

Ruan stepped into place at Reagan's side, now returned to her soft gray coat of horse, and surveyed the others in his steady quiet. He could feel the power radiating from her, pulsing through to his core like a bass beat.

Muscles beneath his white shoulders flexed uselessly, stretching against the itchy, scabbed surface of dried blood where his wings had been violently torn from his flesh and bones. Diplomacy was Reagan's forte, and he, only her complement. She was the mind, the working gears and cogs. The power. While he was the steady heartbeat, the blood that kept it all flowing to each undefined border of the territory. Their Taiga was home to the pack, the intricately branching family. But it was not for the weak. Each and every member was expected to pull their weight, play their part; protect the Taiga and those within as fiercely as he and Reagan would. Tend to them as though they were their own family. Because in the Taiga.. They were.

His injuries were blatant billboards to the dangers of the world, though he doubted any currently present required any reminders, a bloody, blackened red against pale skin and purpled spots. Blue eyes stared blandly from his black face, wondering why Reagan had taken an interest in this gathering. He did not even consider questioning her. Reagan always had her reasons. And so he was merely here to be present, to see the faces she saw, and to return to their hunt once she had satisfied her curiosities.

ooc: joins Reagan, nods to Magnus, knows Nayl only by scent. Says nothing and just sorta chills Wink
    tried to keep it nice and short for you guys, he just wanted to show face in case he runs into anyone at another time they wont be complete and total strangers hehe

Like cicadas in spring, they emerge from hollows and dirt and chatter, chatter, chatter.

The spotted woman makes an effort to speak multiple occasions but is shut out by the roar of others simply waiting to hear themselves speak, not listen to the desires of the bay and now blue mare. Amber pools cloud a bit as she watches under the furrow brow, annoyed slightly with the over eagerness.

The woman notices the painted woman...Queen Nayl. The buckskin...King Magnus. The pair, Regan and Ruan, of Taiga. And who is she? Queen Marlyn of Sylva. Dash away any rebuttal to the titles of kings and queens. They all were leaders amongst the small bands of horses in their territories -whether or not they chose the title of King or Queen.

A slender leg cocks slightly as she waits, listening to their offers, their names, little yarns of tales and jollies. Amber pools return to Nymph's (as the blue woman is quietly watching). "Sylva is founded on family and kinship. We offer a protective home free from senseless squabbling and we are free of traditional caste systems. Sylva is a home for those seeking quiet in Beqanna and desire a simpler life." Marlyn gives a small shrug after she says her small piece with a casual smile. If the pair should join Sylva? Excellent. If not, then Marlyn would certainly understand. There would be no force used to usher the pair home.
    MARLYN