• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't [mess] with Texas
    I'm goin' home gonna load my shotgun...

Wichita's head swirled with what could only be considered un-ladylike thoughts. She had been grumbling to herself for at least the last 2 days as she made her way across the expanses of unfamiliar territories. Her ebony tinted, sun streaked head held high against her depleting stores of energy.

"That no good, rotten...sticker eating...". Her words barely a whisper at times, others you could barely help but notice the outbursts of sound emitting themselves from her maw. A cacophony of noises grinding on ones nerves like the unpleasant knocking of a woodpecker against a long dead oak. She slowed her pace only as she noticed the landscape changing, the forest had thinned and she took in the flat field she had come upon. Well aint this quaint?
    ,she thought to herself, her chocolate orbs scanning the blanket of green shoots covering the expanse before her.
    Her tail whipped out to and fro,sometimes the breeze took to blowing it like a pale flag across the outstretching green sea. A host of golden dandelions made a crisp -snap- as they were bent to the will of her heavy hooves.

He wants a fight well now he's got one...

A few others could be seen hanging around lonesome mounds of grass, some seeming lost, while others appeared to have come here with intent. Wichita personally felt as though she had been runnin' all over hell's half acre. She knew she ought to look a mess, she could feel the snagged burs in her mane, and couldnt possibly live down the state of her dust and blood covered pelt. However, when one was busy escaping a knuckle headed ,kick happy brute that called themselves a herd leader... Well, keeping clean was about as useless as a screen door on a submarine. Though a bit battered and worn for wear, Wichita could only hope this would reflect she was a no nonsense aint takin none of that kinda gal. Letting out an exasperated whinny, she settled herself into some mind numbing grazing and watched with a weary gaze the equines moseying around her.......

(Note to Witchita's player: My apologies for altering your post, but your html for this post was causing the board to malfunction. I removed the majority of the formatting from it in order to fix this. I'd be more than happy to help fix the html that you were using so that it doesn't break the board in the future. Feel free to PM me or contact me via the OOC board Smile - Officer Kahzie)

Jason’s trips to the field had been filled with mixed results, yet still he went. This time the sky stallion was filled with more hope for the Gates queen had decided to pass the crown. New blood may equal a chance for the light kingdom to live and breath in new life or so Jason thought.

With renewed optimism Jason sprung to the field as if he was a rabbit leaping forth to a basket filled with en everlasting supply of carrots. His hooves barely touched the ground, leaving little indication that the heavy stallion had ever left his keep. His heart raced. The thumping echoed in his ears and paced his gallop. It didn’t take long for Jason to come upon the thick bladed arena, and once he crossed the threshold he eased himself into a trot. Beads of sweat rolled down his neck, pooling at the edge of his shoulder. The salted water dried in the heat, and the crust outlined the muscled physique of the stallion, highlighting his pronounced features.

Jason strode with quick breaths. He scanned the area, reluctant to join in on established conversations (as always). Out of the corner of his eye he spied a lone mare. Her silhouette against the light of day was intriguing. Jason turned and approached the dappled mare in a slow trot. ”Hello” He greeted as he edged closer. Upon reaching a polite distance Jason was able to decipher the mares mangled appearance. She did look like a mess, a pretty mess of course. ”Names Jason. You seem to have something…” He threw his head to the side, waving his mane ”Stuck to you.”
    jason
    I've got nothin' on this white rock but little ol' me........

Wichita lifted her velveteen maw from a  tiny cluster of feverfew delicately fighting its way through the crab grasses littering the fields. She had been picking out the delicate silk colored blooms from the leaves with a practiced bite, when movement caught her earth colored gaze. While munching the tender petals, she took in the form of a moonbeam colored stag approaching her from across the green sea. Like most others in this weather, the familiar scent of salt and sweat clung to the males form as he practically floated in her direction. She whiffed in the scent through her flared nostrils, threads of greenery tickling their edges causing them to twitch from the inconvenience. Well lookey there, she thought to herself surprised at how soon someone had advanced upon her in this state. Not to mention, it had just occurred to her how downright unpleasant she might smell as well. After all it was hotter 'n a goats butt in a pepper patch as the sun continued to reach its peak in the sky. 

I've got two miles 'til he makes bail.....

Languidly, and with no thought of why she watched him. She wasn't sure how to take his advances, the tossing of his mane left her wondering if he thought the sun came up just to hear him crow. At this it was fair to say she was about as lost as last years Easter egg, when it came to thinking of a valid, and appropriate response to his words. It was plain that she was a bit standoffish when it came to those of the opposite sex, though it was not to be confused for rudeness.
    "Well I reckon you're no spring chicken," she blurted. "but of course a lady knows when she is looking a fright, aint no reason to tease her about it." Yes of course she thought he was having a go at her. She shifted her weight and turned her crown away trying to hide her tangled mane from view.  She eyed him warily, relieved that he hadn't intruded too closely to her personal space. She knew very well she couldn't take the chances of going it alone for long, but she needed to be more careful with whom she went with. Her last herd leader had proven that much and though a hard lesson to learn, it was one she wasn't quick to forget.

((Thank you all for the help, i am so sorry.. I was trying to be quick and use someone elses codes, never again I say ))

Jason teetered as he stood. Once he spoke he had lopsidedly placed the majority of his weight on his right side, and much like a boat when the majority of the load landed on one side he began to tumble. With much effort he caught himself and readjusted his weight to an even stance. The stumble may have proven to be more embarrassing, but when the mare spoke Jason realized the error of his “clever” introduction.

”Oh yeah…I’m sorry, that really wasn’t nice of me.” He paused, and bit his lower lip. ”I was trying to be smart ass. I should really just stick to my name.” He said before pasting a small, side way smile on his lips. He had epically failed in his approach, and the mare had done little to not point it out. ”It looks like you’ve been through a lot.” His eyes softened as he took the time to better examine the mare. She looked like she had wrestled with a bush, and her smell did fair too well either. But beneath the tangled mess was a rather uniquely colored mare. Jason noted that on a better day her beauty would have rivaled his own (hehe…just kidding)- would have rivaled any other mare in the field.

Jason’s gaze fell to the ground for a moment as he gathered himself. He looked back up to the mare before speaking. ”This your first time in Beqanna?”
    jason
    It sounded like somebody else that was talkin'asking "Momma what do I do?"....

The shadow hued mare gave a small, but noticeable start, the baritone noises taking their time to sink in. As the words filtered through her auds she became filled with surprise trying to make sense of the matter. Her body becoming tense with shock, and confusion. I ought to clean my ears out ,she thought to herself,thinking she had taken a kick to the head previously. The whites of her eyes made a quick appearance as she momentarily lost track of herself,and her manners. Not once could she recall having a stallion admit that he was wrong, let alone acknowledge the fact with an outright apology. Afterall, her momma always said if his lips is movin', he's a lyin'. Wichita had not expected to come across a mannered man, actually she hadn't expected much from anyone to put it plainly. How absurd was it that the first encounter away from home, had brought her face to face with a civilized stag.

She said just be nice to the gentlemen,and they'll be nice to you......

Fumbling over her tongue, she collected enough of herself to say in a humored tone. "Well butter my butt,and call me a biscuit. I can't believe the words I am hearin'!" Her syrup colored specs, might even had gained a spark of amusement in them. She had always been a good natured albeit stubborn at times filly, and she always could respond in kind to genuineness. "Now I feel like 10 miles of bad road, but ain't no mistakin' when your momma raises ya right. Name is Wichita, and I ain't never been farther than a gnats hair away from my own sandbox. Well until now." Her eyes cast down on the last bit, a sadness in her words that she did her best to cover. "Preciate the kindness stranger, hafta say, ain't a whole lot of apologies crossed my path before. So this is your place then? Shore is nice."    It was unusual to be included in a conversation, and she felt she had a bit more to say than she would have thought. A twinge of embarrassment  as she returned her gaze where she knew and was taught it should be, the ground.  

Never had Jason heard such a lively response. Normally the field was filled with dry politeness, but this mare spoke in unusual references and upbeat strokes. He was instantly taken in and fascinated by her words. Jason was able to pull out important information from the strings of sentences, but his ability to respond appropriately was surely stunted.

”Wichita.” Jason said simply, feeling the name roll over his tongue as he cemented it to his memory. Wichita He repeated in his head. The stallion attached the name to both the image of the mare and her curious ways. She was quite wonderful though. ”Oh…yeah, well, I’ve lived far too long and if there is one thing I’ve learned it is to know when I’ve been wrong.” He said smoothly. His head bobbed as he spoke, and the tuft of mane along his forehead brushed over the tip of his eyes.

Wichita then confirmed that she was new to Beqanna. Jason had easily assumed this, but he appreciated the candidness. ”Well Welcome then” He was glad to find new blood in the field. Beqanna needed more perspectives. When the mare questioned if the field belonged to him he laughed lightly, what a wondrous thought (he wished). ”Oh no no…this isn’t my place. Beqanna is unlike other lands.” Jason had spent his time outside Beqanna- he knew all too well how strange the inner workings of it were. ”This is actually known as a more neutral land…within this territory there are several areas known as kingdoms. A queen and king rule over their perspective kingdom, and each kingdom has herd lands that serve under them. The kingdoms are divided by loyalties. For example, I actually live in a place we call Heaven’s Gates. It honors all that is good. Other kingdoms favor more malicious ways. I, though, I value…bravery, honesty…not that I am all of those things” He paused, adjusting his weight. ”This land is where all horses come that do not have anywhere to live…recruiters come here to try and convince them to join their kingdom.”

jason

The breeze rose, bringing with it the cooling caress that meant evening was near.,the leaves in the trees rustled ceaselessly. Wichita's ensnared mane struggled to flutter against it as her tail did, whisps of chiffon straining like the wettened wings of a butterfly. She listened with open ears, as well as an open mind as the sky colored stallion spoke of living for many years. She wondered how many it could have been, because the horse in front of her seemed to remain just as sound as she was. It had never occurred to her how old he just might be, she could not imagine living for such a long time, and how strange that must be. To his explanation of apologies, she briefly closed her eyes and nodded, she could respect that, and regardless, she appreciated it. She shifted her weight as he began to speak of the lands of this new place he called "Beqanna".

As the words of kingdoms, Queens and Kings glided towards her she was intrigued, her head tilting like a hound that hears a whistle. It sounded like magic and the hushed "Moon Stories" Momma would tell her when she knew no one was listening. Those were stories for foals, and it was news to her that those places could even exist in the real world. She was surprised it was so structured and everything seemed to have its place-perhaps it could very well be the place of salvation and peace she was seeking.  It was quiet for a moment after the other had finished speaking as Wichita seemed to consider his words carefully, her eyes taking on a faraway look,staring past the rich blue-grey hues of Jason's coat. After a time she spoke again, "Well it looks like I came to the right place then don' it? Heaven's Gates, now that sounds like a sight for sore eyes.What's it like there?" The young mare was genuinely interested, though she tried her best not to seem too eager. 

:/ print preview telling lies...didn't realize until now my post is all janky
    ***oh my goodness is that what it was? I went to show a friend and gasped at the post,oi the embarrassment

The breeze rose, bringing with it the cooling caress that meant evening was near.,the leaves in the trees rustled ceaselessly. Wichita's ensnared mane struggled to flutter against it as her tail did, whisps of chiffon straining like the wettened wings of a butterfly. She listened with open ears, as well as an open mind as the sky colored stallion spoke of living for many years. She wondered how many it could have been, because the horse in front of her seemed to remain just as sound as she was. It had never occurred to her how old he just might be, she could not imagine living for such a long time, and how strange that must be. To his explanation of apologies, she briefly closed her eyes and nodded, she could respect that, and regardless, she appreciated it. She shifted her weight as he began to speak of the lands of this new place he called "Beqanna".

As the words of kingdoms, Queens and Kings glided towards her she was intrigued, her head tilting like a hound that hears a whistle. It sounded like magic and the hushed "Moon Stories" Momma would tell her when she knew no one was listening. Those were stories for foals, and it was news to her that those places could even exist in the real world. She was surprised it was so structured and everything seemed to have its place-perhaps it could very well be the place of salvation and peace she was seeking.  It was quiet for a moment after the other had finished speaking as Wichita seemed to consider his words carefully, her eyes taking on a faraway look,staring past the rich blue-grey hues of Jason's coat. After a time she spoke again, "Well it looks like I came to the right place then don' it? Heaven's Gates, now that sounds like a sight for sore eyes.What's it like there?" The young mare was genuinely interested, though she tried her best not to seem too eager. 

Jason felt the evening close in as well. The shine that had been blanketing the field was growing more overcome by shadows, and the breeze welcomed in colder air. A gust of wind ruffled Jason’s coat causing him to shake. The reflex sent shivers down his legs before he shook his own head. Once he had finished his drawn out speech (he often didn’t speak so much) Jason felt more settled into the conversation with the mare. During the pause in dialogue he watched her movements. The subtle change in her eyes to the way that she was standing. When she spoke he listened intently and nodded along in agreement with her words.

”It sure is.” He said soon after she finished. ”It is beautiful….there is a forest unlike any other with streams that pass through that are so clear you can see everything within them. It’s been my home for as long as I can remember…although I hadn’t lived there for awhile until recently.” It was his home and always would be. The souls that flooded the place with memories would always call him back. ”I’d love for you to come see it for yourself” He said simply with softened eyes. Wichita would surely fit in, and Jason would be glad to have another familiar face within its borders.

”We could probably make it there before dark” He tagged on the last bit after another cool touch lifted his mane.

--It’s Okay! It only looked weird on my phone and fine on my computer, but it’s a lovely table
    jason

(OOC-sorry for the wait and my lackluster post today)

She felt the cool air brush across her form and gave a shake of her own head, attempting to keep the chills at bay. She knew the male was correct, the sky had not yet taken on the jam colored hues that foretold the setting of the sun. Not knowing the lay of the land herself it seemed that it was indeed not a long walk to reach these gates that promised more trees than she could count, or the cleanest water that she may ever taste. The last thought made her mouth water in anticipation, and the mare listened with earnest to the lovely description of a beautiful forest home, the likes she had never had the privilege to experience herself. Her home had been forever flat and for the most part barren,an all around unpleasant place which now, did not surprise Wichita at all. It was certain to her that the old saying "you reap what you sow" was more true than she had expected.

Wichita considered the situation she had so far experienced, the conversation they had had, and the actions and demeanor of the stallion. He had been kind to her and so far there was none of the harsh biting or pushing she had associated with other mares being herded off to a stallions territory. No, none at all this time she had been..what was it...invited? to come and visit this land for herself. She was a bit unnerved by the equality she was being shown it was such an obscure scenario that had taken place here for her. She was being allowed to make a decision , an important decision at that! It made her stomach drop and she had the strangest feeling like a million small butterflies fighting to free themselves from the confinement of her innards.  Setting her jaw she finally spoke, "Well, i reckon I would like that." she did her best to keep her voice even, and proceeded to look to the other for guidance to what would perhaps become her new home.