• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A smoldering fire - any

Love is friendship set on fire ...
    It was strangely relieving to get it all off her heart, to rant to a complete stranger. It was even stranger that this stranger was so willing to listen to her like this. Sure there were goodhearted people out there, but all of them had baggage of their own. Who hasn’t been affected by the reckoning, most had lost their homes, some even their families and loved ones. And not to forget all those who had been gifted with a trait had lost their special thing. Igni was one of those, having both lost her home and family. There was nobody with who she could share her troubles, except for this random stranger.

She had hope for him to have an answer, but instead he asks her a question himself. And that one doesn’t really make the issue any easier for Igni. Right now she simply doesn’t know what to believe. ”I.. I don’t know..” she mumbles, voice soft, matching with how small and she currently felt. ”I believe in my God, but.. Lior was my brother in the Tundra. He always cared and looked out for me, and says that his father Gunsynd – the God’s chosen one – is manipulative and the one to be careful off. How can those two work together?” Torn between staying faithful to her god or believing her heart and memory.

Sighing softly Igni closes her eyes, her muzzle resting on his shoulder. She was also unaware of the fact that she was moving closer and closer to him, leaning on her left leg as that was the side that could feel his warmth. His next question has her pausing for a moment, what did their actions tell her? Lior had always been kind and protective of her, he had been her first – and only – recruit for the Tundra. After Gunsynd and she had followed the same god, and he had even been blessed by the god by gaining traits. ”Lior has never done anything wrong.. He’s kind. My god, Carnage, has given us a land to live in, given us a home. And Gunsynd has only been good to me too. Although he did seem to like my connection to Lior a bit too much..” Yes, a little voice in her head pointed out the flaws, the things that didn’t make sense, but her heart stubbornly overrules that all. How could any of them be wrong? And at the same time, one should, because otherwise there wouldn’t be two opposing parties.
    ... and fire is the burning passion within.

Messages In This Thread
    A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 10-26-2016, 04:25 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 10-31-2016, 11:02 PM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-01-2016, 09:11 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 11-02-2016, 08:18 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-03-2016, 08:22 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 11-13-2016, 03:02 PM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-14-2016, 08:01 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 11-20-2016, 11:42 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-25-2016, 08:13 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 12-10-2016, 07:39 PM