• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A smoldering fire - any

He sensed the tension in her release and she slumped just a little. Her breath tickled his skin as she closed the distance and came to rest at his shoulder. Her actions were surprising, but also comforting; she didn't see him as a threat. He felt relieved by that, and quietly listened to her bear her problems to him as though they had known each other all their lives.

His velvet trailed lazily across her coat as she spoke, intent on her words and unaware he was still touching her so gently. She was confused, she said, and he could hear it in her voice, mixed in with the hurt. After that single admission, she grew quiet again. He paused his treatments, his shoulder pressing against her in solid reassurance, and waited.

It felt as though he cupped something delicate, something fragile and valuable. This woman was shaken and torn by some event and all he could do was hold her carefully together and hope the pieces mended back where they should. Of all people, she was stuck with him to do this for her, a large and clumsy fool that might sooner cause more damage than aid. The slightest trip in his gait and she could shatter.

Probably for the best that he was standing so still.

"One says this, the other says that.. W-who to believe..? I-I want to believe him, I always did, but that will be blasphemy, so how can I believe him?"

What do you believe? he asked vaguely. He had no grand wisdom to impart, no sight into her problems or how to fix them. But he would try to help her find the solution regardless. Words are meaningless. What do their actions tell you? His voice was low and gentle. Whoever had caused her to fall into such a state must have made a real mess of things for her to become so confused and doubtful. Hopefully, he would at least bring temporary comfort for her.

Messages In This Thread
    A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 10-26-2016, 04:25 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 10-31-2016, 11:02 PM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-01-2016, 09:11 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 11-02-2016, 08:18 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-03-2016, 08:22 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 11-13-2016, 03:02 PM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-14-2016, 08:01 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 11-20-2016, 11:42 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Igni - 11-25-2016, 08:13 AM
    RE: A smoldering fire - any - by Ciel d'Argent - 12-10-2016, 07:39 PM