• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So just burn baby, burn baby burn! - Ruan
    Ruan
    He could almost feel Jinju's uncertainty as she took careful hold of the borrowed fire. Concern curled through him like a thick cloud of anxiety, though he held his face steadily blank. It was a difficult task, perhaps even an impossible one as the magic was stripped from Reagan's grasp. Even still, it was a lesson his daughter must learn the hard way, to know that her abilities could be beautiful but also had the power to harm herself and others.

And so he said nothing as she lost her focus and tripped, mildly burning herself in error. His heart hurt for her, but it was an important experience regardless. He hoped it would teach her to never use her immense power against others unless absolutely necessary. She had the strength to be a great danger, a formidable weapon. It was up to her alone to choose how to wield it.

Reagan spoke up, encouraging her gently with her firm belief in Jinju's abilities. He smiled warmly at his daughter. It will only hurt briefly. Ignore it and give it another try. We both have great faith in you. Even without your magic, you can control this little flame. I saw it just now before you lost concentration. You can do it. His eyes were bright with pride, thoroughly pleased with her efforts and her progress.

Reagan eased in closer to him, a subtle shift in her demeanor. He focused on her as she came to rest her lovely face on his back. Silent tears dampened his coat, and his heart clutched painfully. Both his girls were at odds, experiencing a great grievance made against them with as much grace as they could force. He couldn't help but feel that he had failed them in some way. Perhaps if he had taken Jinju.. but no. Reagan was the best choice without a doubt, even if it hadn't seemed like it to them afterward.

I'm so sorry, Reagan, he whispered, placing gentle kisses where he could reach her without revealing her pain to their daughter. She would not wish to be seen this way, and it could frighten Jinju.

I would fix this if I could. I'd do anything..

Messages In This Thread
    RE: So just burn baby, burn baby burn! - Ruan - by Ruan - 11-19-2016, 10:37 PM