• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Mighty and Tiny
    The light that shines so bright.

The way Smidgen is about to turn around and dash away amuses Gyps. Her lips already start to curl up and by the time her little silver friend is fawning over her wing again, the black and blue mare is grinning widely. ”You really wanted to play tag with me?” she asks, the amusement (the good type) shining through her voice. She remembers her tag games with Andras all too well. Even though he had been taller and faster, her wings had always given her an advantage. Next to that she had already been more agile due to her build. Of course she would’ve hold back on Smidgen, but just the thought of it was extremely amusing to Gyps.

When Smidgen dances away from underneath her wing, she folds it back against her side again after ruffling them slightly. She nods before actually answering, smiling softly. ”Yeah, that’s what my mother told me. And once you get your wings, I want to be the first to show you the sky!” Gyps wasn’t sure if the fairies would ever grant Smidgen such a wish, but she wouldn’t be the one tear down her friends dreams when she wasn’t entirely sure.

As her little friend repeats her words, in a questioning manner, she nods. ”Yes.. Your home?” she clarifies, before falling silent and allow Smidgen to actually answer. Gyps’ heart breaks when she is told that the forest is her friend’s home, alone with the trees. ”You don’t have a home? Or a family that you live with?” she asks, her voice soft and clearly displaying how sad it made her. Everybody should have a home, a place to be long, someone to return to. But at the same time Smidgen doesn’t seem to be bothered by it at all, being way too cheery.

”I grew up with my parents, in my father’s herd.” As she talks about the Golden Plains, she cannot help it but to smile. A smile that disappears once she continues, frowning slightly. ”I was then told to live at another herd, given away like a price. Now the Taiga is home, Andras brought me there.” Gyps’ stomach flutters as she speaks her lover’s name, as she’s just really happy to have found him again. He had always been her light in the dark. When she had been a foal, when she had been given away to Archam, and now the change had been forced upon them.

Gyps

Messages In This Thread
    The Mighty and Tiny - by Smidgen - 10-14-2016, 11:38 PM
    RE: The Mighty and Tiny - by Gyps - 10-15-2016, 12:34 AM
    RE: The Mighty and Tiny - by Smidgen - 10-15-2016, 01:06 AM
    RE: The Mighty and Tiny - by Gyps - 10-15-2016, 01:28 AM
    RE: The Mighty and Tiny - by Smidgen - 10-16-2016, 11:29 AM
    RE: The Mighty and Tiny - by Gyps - 10-17-2016, 02:51 AM
    RE: The Mighty and Tiny - by Smidgen - 10-20-2016, 11:44 PM
    RE: The Mighty and Tiny - by Gyps - 10-22-2016, 01:40 AM
    RE: The Mighty and Tiny - by Smidgen - 11-02-2016, 10:48 AM
    RE: The Mighty and Tiny - by Gyps - 11-05-2016, 03:44 AM