• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

come and get me; still open for Taiga

You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    “I just...I don’t want to be alone anymore, Rhory.”

Dammit. It’s true. Everything I poured out to my Lionheart when I finally found him again, all the sappy sad vulnerable shit, every word of it’s true. Gross. But I don’t want to be alone. I’m sick of walking through life one bad moment away from being completely alone again. It’s just...well, I’m not exactly the most...you know, agreeable sort, so I figure probably it should fall on me to figure out where I can fit at least reasonably well. Because heaven knows Rhory is a sweetheart and could make anywhere work.

I, on the other hand? Well. I at least try to keep the stomping to a minimum as I enter the Field for the first time in my life, looking for a place to call home in this fucked up new world where I really am just a scruffy bay nothing, no sneaky wings, no light, just short, plain me with too much attitude and not enough of anything feminine. Not much to offer, other than a whole lot of stubborn and a smart mouth. And, you know, my winning personality…

Fuck, this is going to be hard, isn’t it?

I take a deep breath to steel myself or shore up my nerves or whatever, and then take a look around. It’s not like I can just stand around waiting on someone to notice me. I’m not big or strong or really remarkable in any way, so I’d be standing around for a long damn time waiting, and that’s never exactly been my strong suit. So I eye the prospects, discarding that one as too much of a prissy bitch, and this one as an obnoxious horndog, and walking right on by ‘til I can find someone hopefully at least halfway tolerable.
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

Sylva had been left with the unacceptable number of three. Ygritte. Marlyn. Blazing Sunfall. It feels as though a stone is slowly sinking within the depths of her heart. Drowning with despair. But no...Ygritte will not allow her home to simply waste away. She will not allow the gift that the fairies had bestowed upon them to simply vanish in the overgrowth of vines and thorns.

Salmon stockings are moving her to the field in the age old path that she knew without seeing. Each small root and rock is like a familiar braille book. One hoof in front of another. If felt good to feel the summer air sweetly against her skin as the wildflowers tangle in the length of her mane. Despite all of this change, Ygritte feels herself slipping into her queenship like a finely made silk dress.

Amber pools flutter over the field as she remains somber, choosing. Not all would fit well in the Sylva she wants to build but when she finds a lone woman, a smile creases her stoic features into the familiar smile that typically graced her lips. Ygritte is moving...nearing the other with curious but calm eyes. "Hello there, welcome to the field. I'm Ygritte and I can bet you're not here just for the grass and sunshine." Her tones are light and teasing as she falls into an easy smile. The other is built well. She holds herself as a whole with smooth edges but scrutinizing eyes. Ygritte is well acquainted with a mare such as she and it is a welcome to see another with strength.

Ygritte.

You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    I was right about the obnoxious horndog. He leers at me, hazel eyes roaming over my body with an almost palpable intensity, like an unwanted caress. Ugh. He steps closer, and I pin my ears and bare my teeth, tail lashing. “Fuck off. Not gonna happen.” Somehow he seems to think that’s a come-on, because he steps closer. But a few well-placed bites and a kick square to his chest when he nips me and tries to herd me along are enough to convince him that I’m not just playing hard to get. And that just maybe he doesn’t want to deal with the trouble of having such a rampaging bitch in his little herd. Or at least that’s what he throws in my face to try to make it look like his idea to back the fuck off. I’ll take it, though.

It’s hardly the first time I’ve been called a bitch.

I’m not exactly the most chipper and cooperative creature to begin with, and I fucking hate being around so many people. This was probably a terrible idea. I should just go back to my Lionheart and we can find another damn cave to sleep in or something. Except that really wouldn’t fix the lonely ache in my chest, or make me feel any less like I’m one terrible day away from being all the fuck alone again. I can’t put all of that need on Rhory’s shoulders, even if they’re big and broad and more than capable of bearing it. It’s not fair to him. And really, I should man the fuck up and try to do the stupid goddamn interaction thing. Meet people. Or whatever.

Speaking of meeting people. Someone walks right the hell up and says hello. Oh god, she’s like...everything I’m not. Tallish, elegant, pretty. Her voice is all feminine and lovely even, and she has fucking flowers in her hair. Calm, charming, pretty much perfect. And for a second I’m tempted to call that asshat of a stallion back to run interference, because he was a hell of a lot easier to deal with. Guys I know. Guys I’m good at, or at least good enough at. I have no idea what the hell to say to fairytale princess here.

So naturally I just let my mouth do whatever it wants. Brilliant This is gonna go well. “Yeah, I find the grass tastes best when it’s been trampled by a thousand strangers. Name’s Arrya. You looking for a place too, then?” Stupid question. Of course she isn’t. She’s too picture goddamn perfect to be homeless, and she’s sure as fuck not a Meadow rat trying to drag herself up out of the dirt. “Or are you here looking to bring home a stray or two?”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.
    Ruan
    He'd thought for sure she'd be here. His eyes scanned the faces, even peering into the shadows lining the edge of the field. But, alas, she was not here after all, his little Jinju. He thought perhaps she'd gotten bold and wandered off on her own, here to this place of diplomats, a place she'd recognize and know how to carry herself. He thought she'd decided to practice on her own, without his ever-hovering protection. Maybe he was a bit smothering at times.

But she wasn't here, and his dull blue gaze fell instead on a couple of females. They were so different, it was almost comical. One shorter and stockier, the other tall and elegant. He felt strange as he approached, borrowed wings held loosely at his sides. The smaller one seemed to hold a permanent challenge in her eye, and it was her he chose to face, though nodding solemnly at the chocolate mare tipped in salmon-pink.

"I'm Ruan, of the Taiga," he introduced. They didn't appear as companions, but he addressed them both equally. "Have you come seeking a home, or seeking people?" Perhaps blunt, a bit too straight-to-the-point, but it would have to do. His tone was polite, and he carefully took in their scents as he waited to see how he would be received. You never really knew with mares.