• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you think that we connect; raeg'n
    Oh, oh dear. She’s grimacing now. She’s clearly noticed how dumb he’s being. Well. Of course she’s noticed how dumb he’s being. It’s pretty damn obvious. Ugh.

At least she’s being polite and responding … more than he deserves, really. “Raeg’n … that’s a nice name.” In fact she doesn’t seem angry at all, more curious than anything.

He can’t help but stand up a tiny bit straighter when she compliments his wings. It’s so nice to have wings again. He’d been born with them, but his mother had ripped them off moments after birth leaving him with little bony stubs. To finally have his feathery appendages back where they belong is just SO wonderful. “Thank you! The faeries gave them to me when they … well. The faeries gave them to me.” He’d been about to say ‘when they took away my spider problem’ … but that is not exactly a conversation he wants to have with this girl. He’s made it awkward enough already without bringing his most embarrassing secret into the mix.

Oh god he’s cringing already at the thought of having that conversation.

But she’s suddenly walking up to him, and Lauchlan’s mind is instantly hyper-aware of her closeness. She bops him on the shoulder his head cocks to the side, mouth partially open in surprise. What? “Fight?” Does he know how to fight? “Umm … not really.” Fighting hasn’t even really been on his radar before. Up until the change, his life had revolved around hiding his spider problem, since the change, it has revolved around exploring the world and his wings. But this interaction is going rather better than he had expected, considering how awfully it had started, and he tries to insert a cheerful curiosity into his voice. Maybe he can make a friend out of this after all. “But I can learn!”
    the itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout

Messages In This Thread
    you think that we connect; raeg'n - by Lauchlan - 10-13-2016, 12:41 AM
    RE: you think that we connect; raeg'n - by Raeg'n - 10-22-2016, 10:10 PM
    RE: you think that we connect; raeg'n - by Raeg'n - 10-29-2016, 07:34 PM
    RE: you think that we connect; raeg'n - by Lauchlan - 11-13-2016, 11:35 PM
    RE: you think that we connect; raeg'n - by Raeg'n - 11-20-2016, 01:52 PM
    RE: you think that we connect; raeg'n - by Raeg'n - 12-10-2016, 07:41 PM
    RE: you think that we connect; raeg'n - by Raeg'n - 12-17-2016, 05:54 PM
    RE: you think that we connect; raeg'n - by Raeg'n - 01-03-2017, 04:09 PM