• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You'll never know the psychopath sitting next you
    RORSCHACH
    I watch them with narrowed blue eyes as the single word falls from my lips. They bounce from one femme to the next, pausing only long enough to emphasize my point. One was the loneliest number they say and I liked it that way. Since as long as I could remember, even as a colt, the life of a loner was the life for me. I was not a privileged child. My parents, not even my Mother coddled me. Born into the life a solider, we were never shown affection. From the moments my eyes open, my first emotional experience with another being had been rejection. Not deemed fit enough to live the life of an heir my mother forced me away and into the care of another mare. This foster dam was one of many in charge of caring for and tempering the foals categorized as soldiers. They were ruthless, instilling in us the realization that the world was cruel and to survive, you had be even more sadistic. It's as these thoughts are creeping though my brain that I watch the young fillies reaction to the nip.

I watched as her eyes welled and became bleary with tears, though not a drop spilled over the rim of her long eye lashes. Weak. I think disgustedly to my self. Had this filly been born into my birth herd she would have not been fit for heir nor solider life.  A pity really. Those who fell into neither category became workers, or worse, killed upon birth. Perhaps they were mercy killings. A way to spare the child a life time of neglect and suffering. 

Mere seconds after I deem the girl weak, something changes. Her face morphs from scared and wounded to angry. The tears in her eyes held new meaning and from my vantage point I could see a spark alight within her. The darkly inked babe then moves in front of the mare as if she were to protect her from the monster who stood before them. It causes the left corner of my maw to lift ever so slightly. Maybe I had been too quick to judge her. Maybe she really did have a bit of solider in her after all. Her mocking laugh rings through my pinned ears, causing them to dig themselves deep into my mane. She speaks, causing my blue eyes to narrow even more. My black pointed maw opens to reply, but before I have a chance to the painted minx begins to speak. "Look around, Deary. There's plenty of other places." My voice is gruff as it leaves my mouth as I jerk my head to the side to indicate towards another tree which stood over 200 yards away. Beneath its tall canopy a group of 4 or 5 other horses crowded together. "Plenty of room over there." I add, my long dreaded black tail swishing with annoyance. Thunder booms loudly over head. It was as if the storm grew angrier as my temper flared. 

Movement from the child catches my attention and I watch as she stalks forward, her mouth falling open and her ears pinning back against her poll. It was obvious what she had planned to do. I fought back the urge to roll my eyes at her. Her courage and bravery were admirable, but her actions were foolish. As she reaches forward, so do I. My maw parts, lips peeling back yet again. This time I try to grab her crest. I do so just as her small teeth find their mark. Her bite was hardly painful. Besides being a war-torn behemoth used to fighting for the right to live, the muscles of the fillies jaws wouldn't be very developed at her age. Her mouth plucks at the skin on my shoulder as I try to catch her crest in my mouth. I hoped to use it to force the child out from under the tree and into the torrential down pour. Next would be the mare. She'd either use her common sense and leave with her, or she would suffer the same fate.

and the world will look up and shout save us
    and i will whisper, no

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You'll never know the psychopath sitting next you - by Rorschach - 10-13-2016, 01:31 PM