• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we were neurophobic and perfect [rhae, any]

You were automatic, as hollow as the 'o' in God.

I could expand on the devious qualities of my counterparts and the land in which we lived but I may have never quit speaking. The other woman deserved to know though and I felt it was my duty to inform her. Had I not coaxed her into living in the very bowels of Beqanna? In a manner of speaking I had done just that and whether it was selfish of me or not I did not dwell on it overlong. I did not mean for her to suffer, to have a hard life or be stuck with one but being with someone, anyone, was better than being alone.

I am a prime example of that. Look which basket I had thrown my eggs into.

She presses into my hip and sadly this only makes me feel better about my actions. Did she know I needed reassurance, could she the doubt in my heart, the weight of the burden in my mind?

In any case I do not push her away, instead I let her cling to me like a babe velcros itself to a mother. I too am a mother, believe it or not, but Lysenth had long grown into a man years ago. That’s what they do babes, they grow and then once again the mother is alone. Perhaps the timid woman feels that void, even if the years are far too long on her to be coddled in such ways. I can not help but have a soft spot for the meek.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth

And what a grand inheritance he had left them. Speaking of the presence of the gray Magician brings my forward progression to a halt, heaven forbid I run into him, that would require touching him. My side aches where Rhae touches, it feels like she is trying to get me to absorb her but I make no comment, instead my eyes never leave the beast before us. I do however dip my head, even if only just. While I do not care for our host, I have a healthy dose of respect for him. I am a woman but not a stupid one.

He speaks of Devils, of course he feels inclined to speak of his own kind and my mouth finds itself in a hard flat line. I can not hear Rhae’s outburst of laughter but I feel the shift of her head against my side and my ears flatten against my skull. She moves away from him, placing me in the middle and I do not quiver at the prospect of being the receiving end. “Carnage,” I begin, “this is Rhae. She’s decided to come stay.” I take my time placing the syllables together, even if it does not help much with my delivery of speech.

“Rhae, this is Carnage. The ruler of Pangea for all intents and purposes.” Ah a ruler and here I am doing the leg work, though it is for my own benefit and not his. Of course I tack on that last bit because I’ve yet to see him do anything but lay waste to the land and toss us to it- sink or swim.

“To what do we owe such an audience?” I ask but keep the majority of my bile in my head. Oh do tell us great one, I think, but do not linger too long. We might start feeling special or something. My thoughts leak sarcasm in rivers overflowing, the exact opposite of the dust covered riverbed Pangea harbors.

{TIOGA}

khaos x wichita

html by Kyra

sorry for novel  :|
    [Image: Tioga.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we were neurophobic and perfect [rhae, any] - by Tioga - 09-28-2016, 10:38 AM