• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we were neurophobic and perfect [rhae, any]
    She followed Tioga faithfully, if not a little nervously. Rhae was a slender grulla, a creamy sort of gray with pale hair and wide eyes. Her companion, though, was large. Strength and power. The skittish mare melted almost naturally into the safety of her shadow, as if she belonged there.

She'd lost her mother, and then her adopted family, and she was understandably concerned she'd lose this one too. Tioga hadn't taken her in as family, or even as a friend, she supposed, and so there was no obligation to stay with Rhae (not that commitment seemed to make a difference). Still, though, she didn't want this bare thread of security to fray and tear, and edged just a tad closer to the woman's hip.

Tioga talked as they traveled, warning her of the viciousness of the land -and possibly the people too. Sharp blades of fear pinched her veins like shattered glass shards. Equally fragile eyes scanned around for all the threats that must be eagerly watching them with hunger. It didn't sound at all like a place to live, but it was enormously better than not having a home. At least here she'd know she belonged to the land, and she wasn't all that great at making friends anyway.

She'd just have to be sure she wasn't noticed, she was good at that. Probably, anyway. Well... at least she wasn't at all interesting.

She nearly leapt from her skin when a stallion appeared. Somehow she hadn't even noticed him til the danger was knocking at her flimsy door. Her heart quailed and did its best to beat a cornered rabbit's in tempo. Just a tiny step nearer to the mare brought their coats together, and that oddly had no effect on her soaring pulse. Wasn't Tioga just warning her that the people here were dangerous?

Rhae ducked her head, hair falling limply over her face, and desperately tried to shrink or disappear. Oh, what she wouldn't give for a bit of invisibility just now. Don't move, don't be noticed. I'm not here. Her ghostly white forelock curtained him from her eyes, and like a child she hoped that somehow made it better.

I can't see you, you can't see me.
    I can't see you, you can't see me...

But he did see her. He did take notice. He'd quite possibly called himself a devil and she was inclined to believe it just then, if only for the instinctual fear of him. Everything about him screamed to her senses, predator. As she hid behind her sheet of hair, she didn't have to see him to feel his gaze pierce her soul.

"I'm Carnage"
    "Baahah!" she spouted a hysterical sort of laugh. Of course his name would be Carnage. How incredibly suitable.
    Her eyes widened to saucers and she gasped quietly, surprised by her outburst and absolutely mortified. Well if that didn't get his attention, for sure.

Rhae scurried to the larger woman's other side, placing Tioga between her and that strange stallion like a shield. She peered carefully beneath the woman's throat, glassy blue eyes watchful.

"Hh-hi" she breathed, out of proper formality only, before reorganizing her efforts at a miraculous disappearing act.

Rhae

when i feel lost..  i'll search the skies for you

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we were neurophobic and perfect [rhae, any] - by Rhae - 09-26-2016, 10:57 AM