• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

far off memory, like a scattered dream; aranea

amanita

The world had been ripped asunder and only recently come back together again. It awoke me from my sleep when the ground began to rumble and forced me to leave me haven and once more walk in the light. I did not appreciate nor welcome the disturbance but it had come anyway. Now I slipped listlessly between the waving blades of grass as I perused faces for any sense of familiarity. Unfortunately for my fragile mind the upheaval seemed to have done more than restructure the earth. It shook loose more than dirt. It seems all recent memories slipped loose as well and I have done a poor job of picking them up.

Occasionally a face will surface and a name will start to form only to slip away like smoke. I will shrug my shoulders and let it go.

As I walk on a face captures my attention. I do not necessarily feel it is the one I seek.. only it feels like it should be familiar to me. A mare. Older than me it seems perhaps she knows me. I make my way toward her blissfully unaware that my face, so like my wicked mother's, may not be a welcome sight to her. Though perhaps time has wiped away the fleeting memory of the Chamber queen. Behind my eyes, though I do not know it, my father's features lurk as well. His face, again I do not know, could be a sight for sore eyes for this particular lady.

Oh the things I do not know. The things I wish I knew.

Not beautiful but there it is! If memory serves me Kemp (Amanita's father) was Ara's adopted child?! Is that right?!
    holy heck yes that is right! too funny it is kemp x lady - ara's son and her enemy xD gosh it's been so darn long, my memory SUCKS =P

Give me reason to fill this hole, connect the space between
    Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies, across this new divide

she wasn't entirely sure why she came here. aranea was certain it would only end up with her feeling frustrated - that much was inevitable. a lack of voice was more of a hindrance than she had ever known, more than she had experienced so far. with help she had always been heard - now she felt more alone than ever.

you'd think she'd be used to it.

fact of the matter was she ACHED for more to happen. aranea had returned with a yearning in her heart to experience the world, to live up to her name, her blood. to find those she had loved or perhaps find new ones to earn that right. not in the mushy you're my soulmate kind of way, but in the way of family and friendship and LOYALTY.

the face that approached was not what she had expected.

familiar - oh so heartbreakingly familiar! aranea stared and felt a swell of anger. though she might not recall exactly how the lady in red had slighted her she trusted that her instinct existed for a reason. but this was not that lady, and the more that she stared the more that she found another familiarity. this was the one that broke her heart.

she had loved him. fiercely and protectively, she had loved him. her son, her beloved kemp, and this mare before her held enough of a shadow of him that aranea was immediately thrust in to the past. she could muster no words but instead a startled snort, followed by a questioning exhalation. who ARE you?

@[Amanita]

amanita

My assumption it seems was correct. I narrow my eyes as I watch various emotions play across the older mares face. She knows me. Or.. perhaps not? Confusion clouds my gaze as her features play a myriad of thoughts. I have trouble deciphering it at first. The initial feeling is that perhaps I should take my leave of her. But then, another look enters her eyes and my movement is arrested and my feet stay planted in the ground.

Her lack of voice does not disturb me for often words are only pretty lies. I grasp the meaning behind her soft exhalation. "I thought I knew you.. but perhaps I do not. Things have been so muddled since.." I trail off letting my eyes wander the meadow for a moment. If only I could remember.

"I am Amanita.. daughter of Lady in Red.. daughter of Kemp. My sister is Starlace.. but I think she is dead." I shake my head causing my black curls to take momentary flight. I wish I could clear these cobwebs away. There are still faces the swim through the murky waters of my mind. Faces I feel like I should know. Or do know. Or perhaps only met in passing. I clench my eyes tight for a moment before opening them to face the mare again.

"So much is lost.." I know I sound forlorn, like a child and yet I cannot help it.

Aranea
    Give me reason to fill this hole, connect the space between
    Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies, across this new divide

oh the names!

in a heartbeat she was thrust in to the past and the memories washed over her. they were painful and beautiful and it was all she could do not to cry. it had not been long since she had thought of him, but to be faced with a piece of him was... painful. and starlace!

aranea exhaled again, a sound of familiarity, a gesture of sorrow at the news. dear starlace - aranea remembered her birth! she remembered the star child in the chamber - she remember telling stories. stories now long lost.

the shadowy mare snorted and drew her nose to her chest, to her heart. a gesture she repeated more than one, almost as if she was bobbing her head but with much more meaning. she had loved them.

and then, with the sorrow in the girl's voice aranea reached out deliberately. a nose extended, a silent gesture of support. this would be her granddaughter after all.

@[Amanita]