• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I will put enmity between you [Sam pony]

:WYRM:

Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Wyrm wonders: What do you do when you’re nothing? How do you make sense of anything really once the slate’s been wiped clean? It makes him all the more interested to peel back the layers of Pyre and watch that brain tick away. Had something important been left behind in the dust of all that empty space? Wyrm wonders.

The more he begins to learn about this odd character, the more involved he feels himself becoming. The questions begin to pile in heaps around them. Why couldn’t she remember? Who wanted her to forget? What was she doing here now? If she was someone’s enemy, she’d be dead. But no, whoever or whatever had done this wanted her to have snippets, something like glittering shards of her past life to hold onto in this new one. Perhaps enough shards that they could be pieced back together, someday. “Pyre suits you with a mouth like that.” Wyrm replies, the once sharp grin fading into a lazy smile. “I was able to change my form, down to the atomic bonding level. There really wasn’t much I couldn’t imitate in shape, color, or size.” He reveals, deciding to let her think over just how little that left out.

His distinctive eyes turn to the canopy overhead for a moment, feeling that tender ache in his breast every time he tried to shift and found it useless. He exhales, and then returns to looking at the neon girl. “My guess is that if you remember hunting animals, you had that ability too. Whether it was greater or lesser, who could say?" He muses, leaning back to rest. "It certainly doesn’t matter now.”

HTML by Cal and Toli

ooc: Whoops, got carried away. lol

Screaming like a siren, alive and burning brighter.
    “Pyre suits you with a mouth like that.” A wicked little grin spread across Pyre’s face, though he couldn’t quite say why. Something in the turn of phrase had oddly suggestive words fighting to dart back at the other man, but he didn’t quite remember how to shape them. The moment was gone before he could sort it out, though, and no great loss there, vanished into the distraction of Wyrm’s next words. He eyed the emerald stallion, considering. Perhaps there were more similarities there than an appreciation for the taste of a fresh corpse. “Yes. My body was...a good bit more malleable on the Mountain. Wasn’t stuck in this shape ‘til I came down. I rather like fangs and claws, great leathery wings, and fire. But I tried on a few shapes trying to find the one that fit best.”

It certainly wasn’t this one. But none of them had quite felt right, either. Or. No, they’d all felt fine, it was just that none of them had felt...complete. Something was missing, and it grated beneath his damn sunshine yellow hide, making every shape feel wrong, and even worse when he was anchored in one indefinitely. He twitched his skin, trying to dislodge the feeling like he would a particularly irksome fly, but to no avail.

“None of them quite managed. But you’re right, I suppose it doesn't matter now.”
    I am the fire.