• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  looking to the stars to save me

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

My world had been turned on its head twice over now. Chem leaving me in a manner that confused and hurt my heart, then my dear brother never showed up at Tundra. That was enough disruption for quite a while in the my eyes, but the quakes… oh how that changed everything.  I had hid away in the far corner of beqanna, tried to avoid stay safe, but the fae pulled me to the mountain like everyone else. But after the announcement made I left and returned to my corner of solitude. My reddish brown coat ashy from the high dust in the air. I stayed there for a long time, waiting for the courage, for healing. I wasn’t ready to join the world. I hadn’t mourned the life I had lost before going to Tundra let alone the loss of everything I had ever known.

But the time had made me realize that the solitude was no way of living, and if Vaughan were know I was hiding away in the forest he would have drug me out by my ear tufts. I knew it was time to go… but I hadn’t a clue where. Chamber, Falls, and Chem;s herd lands were the only places I ever knew. I didn’t know where to do now, but a new life, a new family was something I would just have to build from the bottom up. Something that would take time, and it would start in the field, where her father had been recruited to both Gates and Chamber. Now the new lands were looking for members, and I would start over with one of them. It was just a matter of time until someone came to me, and until someone gave me the opportunity. I just keep telling myself- baby steps.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

ooc: words are hard. but i'm trying to get them out.... RL is a pain.
    V A K A R I A N
    i'd rather be a riot than indifferent
    She is not exactly equipped with the linguistic charms. She is not of refined nature and dancing steps. Vakarian is as she always was.

A bay woman with a quiet tongue and sharp eyes.

The coast, her new home, has prompted her to venture to the field. Her new home needed members and Vaka wanted to do all she could to help her home gain the strength it needed through numbers. Amber eyes watch curiously as a similar colored woman finds her way in the land of the restless. The dark stocking woman does not sit by idly bur instead calls to the other dark haired beauty. Amber pools meet the other, lobes forward and a tug of a smile blooms across her lips like the flowers of spring. "Hello there. I'm Vakaraian...Vaka...what's your name?" Vaka must force herself out of her quiet comfort zone, she must do so for her land, her queen. Honey hued pools melt over the sleek for of the mare as she listens for a reply. Hopefully the lass would be keen to the idea of joining the coastal lands.

"I come from the Coast, a new land. I'm offering the invitation of a home...should you be interested." Vaka speaks more quickly than she had anticipated and her eyes waver away. A few small breaths pass before she meet the gaze of the other woman, hopefulness brimming within.
    covet and azula's diamond armored daughter

vaka words are not great but she is really trying lol
    now you're staring at a queen.
    Ea had adapted surprisingly easily to this new world. She’d needed to keep busy to keep the memories of her previous life at bay -- which was, truthfully, the only reason she found herself in the field. She’d hardly slept, either, electing instead to wander around the island, becoming familiar with the land. Ischia was beautiful; a jungle paradise, green with all of its flowers in bloom and snow white beaches. It reminded her so much of the Amazons -- her first home -- though only in geography, not in spirit. The Amazonian women were hard and tough and eager to prove themselves that way. Ea had been like that too, before. Now, in the loss of Ramiel and two of their children, she feels softer, constantly wavering on uncertain. Still tough, but less eager to prove herself. She didn’t need to anymore.

The field is alive again. Many were beginning to come out of their hiding places now that lands were beginning to form and Beqanna was resuming some form of normalcy. She sees a bright red bay mare nearby, and starts her direction before another bay mare joins the first. Ea continues on at a relaxed pace, undeterred. Though she had always enjoyed that the Dale had been small in numbers, she wanted to open Ischia up to as many as she could. It wasn’t about creating a powerful kingdom for her; all she’d ever wanted was for their home to be a family -- a strong family, though, to ward off any who would try to overtake them.

She catches up to them in time to hear the second mare’s name. Vakarian, from the Coast. The silver bay mare nods her head in greeting. “I’m Ea, leader of Ischia,” she says confidently. She’d always had an air of regality about her; it came naturally as she was born as a princess and trained by her mother to be a queen. “We would, of course, love to have you join our family as well. Ischia is an island -- a bit of a swim up north, but it’s beautiful.” Ea looks then to Vakarian, pausing a bit. “Sorry, I haven’t heard of the Coast. Being on an island makes it a bit more difficult to learn about the new lands. Can you tell us more about it?”

Though she looks interested, truthfully she doesn’t particularly care about the Coast. She was only hoping to learn a bit about it while she could, perhaps save herself a trip to meet the new leader, if it had one. She was never one to put in any more effort than necessary.