• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Child with a warrior's heart [Lil]
    Well do I know the look of a child alone, desperately searching for someone to care even a little bit. Trying just as hard for it not to matter. Trying to put on a brave face and pretend everything’s fine, when inside you’re trying not to fall apart. I wore that face, even if only for a little while. So when, in the course of my evening wander through the meadow, I see that all too familiar look on the face of a young girl, I stop and watch her.

Dejection, as her shoulders slump and her breath catches, and her eyes well up just a little bit. Stubborn determination, her jaw setting, her chin raising, a fierce light in her amber eyes daring anyone to call her out on that moment of weakness.

Don’t worry, honey. I would never. I understand far too well.

Everyone else turns away, as they always seem to do when the innocent suffer right under their noses. But I was lucky enough to find someone who wouldn’t look away from my pain. And it’s only right that I do the same for her. So when the girl looks my way, those lovely eyes so defiant, hiding hurt beneath far too familiar armor, I hold her gaze. And then I walk over, the corners of my lips softening and curling just a little bit upward in a hint of a friendly smile. “Hey there. I’m Lilitha. Who are you?”
    Will you fight when it all burns down?

Messages In This Thread
    Child with a warrior's heart [Lil] - by Raeg'n - 09-17-2016, 06:27 PM
    RE: Child with a warrior's heart [Lil] - by Lilitha - 09-20-2016, 09:51 PM