• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

As the Winds Blow | Naga, zons
    The cold had begun to seep passed his winter coat the further the sun began to sink from the sky. It had been a dry day, not too much cloud coverage, and the coming dusk cast orange and pink in with the blues as well as purples where the clouds did linger. However, the more the sun set, the more he noticed the chilled breeze picking up. It was as though the great Mountain itself was breathing down Beqanna's spine, making sure they all remembered its presence. Its reason for being. Though how could they forget? How could they forget how their world crumbled and shifted? Like a phoenix that burned into dust, only to be reborn, renewed. The bay roan stallion still wasn't exactly sure of what to make of this new world, this new version of it. But he didn't hate it, and he certainly wasn't afraid. He wasn't bitter, wasn't angry. What he did feel was disappointed. Simeon had spent so much time away from home, his wanderer's soul carrying him far and wide. He had seen so much outside of Beqanna's borders, had experienced so much. He really couldn't bring himself to regret any of it. There had been such freedom in being able to adventure and explore, but always having somewhere to return. Always a place to call home. The Jungle. It always had stood so strong, even at low times when her life had been threatened, she had always bounced back and flourished. It was all gone now. Unlikely to return, if he was to believe the sinking feeling in his gut.

It was as though that very thought had drawn another breath from the north, and an even colder chill bit down on him causing his muscles to stiffen. So different from the humid warmth that'd always been there to hold them all close and tight. Safe and sturdy. His disappointment doubled at the memory of returning to her. No sooner had he placed himself in the center of the Jungle, he'd been plucked and plopped into the meadow. One of the last remaining familiar places in Beqanna. There, he'd met a solemn and down-trodden Gunsynd, who'd clearly felt much the same loss for his home in the Valley as he felt for the Jungle. Simeon had felt for the guy, but had spat fire at him for his 'fuck everything' attitude. What good did giving up do for anyone? He'd told the other male something similar, and here he was being a hypocrite and feeling down himself. They'd parted ways talking about getting to work to rebuild what they'd lost. And they would. Somehow, someway. It may not be all the same, but Simeon refused to believe it had to be a bad thing. Change could be a great thing, but forced change- and so huge as this one was- was like an intervention on a drug addict for some. He understood this, and maybe it was up to him to help those who were cracking find their way. But damn, he'd never felt so lost and alone. Two things that he would have never used to describe himself to be. Where were the Amazons? Where was what was left of his family? He had to find them. At least some of them.

As though it were some force of answered prayers, a scent wafted to his nose. A scent he would always recognize, rich and bittersweet. The Jungle. He wasn't sure of the wearer, but one thing was certain- well, two things. One, it belonged to a female; and two, not just any female but a sister. One who'd dwelled there long enough for that wonderful scent to etch and cling to her skin and fur. With renewed vigor, Simeon picked up his pace through the trees and over brush and snow until he found her. A lovely mare, tall and slender with a coat as black as night, marked with only the slightest bits of white. He slowed as he neared her, not wanting to spook her if she was unaware of his approach. Though he knew he'd made plenty of noise (hard not to for a stallion like him, average height but well muscled and built for an active lifestyle), he released a deep whicker in her direction. Having been raised in the Jungle, by Scorch no less, Simeon knew better than to double-cross an Amazonian woman. They weren't typically easily frightened, but still best not to startle them. "Scusami, signora. I hope I'm not intruding, but I couldn't help but notice you. Have we met before?" He placed himself at a respectful distance from her, facing her from a few feet away. His voice was deep and smooth with an undertone of an Italian accent (similar to his father's), tone gentle and inquisitive. Dual colored eyes- the left a rich chocolate, the right an earthy green- search her face for recognition, feeling as though he'd seen her before but was unable to quite remember. "Did you know Scorch and Hestoni?"

((Sooo.. Simeon was kiiinda around when Naga first came to the Zons, and since she was taken in by Scorch, I assume he's at least heard of her. Maybe could have met her at least once. But that was long ago, so you can play it how you want ^^))
    breaking waves of change
    She couldn't wait for summer, this damned cold was getting to her, making her somewhat irritable. Having no winter coat was torture, especially since this winter had been a cold one. Though the one thing she couldn't complain about was the amazing colors that the sky tossed down onto the sparkling snow, making it reflect beautiful hues of oranges and pinks. She sighed, watching the very few small clouds slowly float like cottony pollen through the sky, as the sun began to sink below the horizon. The trees and everything else in the forest surrounding her were black silhouettes, quiet and tranquil on this chilly evening. Even though she could now be back in her new, somewhat warmer home now, she still liked the comfort the forest gave her. She missed the trees of the jungle, yearned to shift and climb them. But she could do that no longer. She signed and took a step forward, at least the Amazons were still alive, and they have a new home to thrive in.

As she basks in thought, not paying much attention to the world around her. Our new queen still taking in what she had been gifted. Though it is not long til the sound of heavy hoof falls into the crunching wet snow caught her attention, her head raised, ears darting forward and back. She is not afraid, she is never afraid. Amazon woman are none to be trifled with..

A voice, deep, and accompanied by a thick accent that prodded at her earliest memories, came from behind her. The man, handsome and well built stopped a few paces from her, his bay roan coat amd white markings really made her think she knew him. His words were respectful and sweet, she had never been addressed as such before. She tried to remember, and it is his mismatched eyes that draw her in. As he speaks again....it hits her. Her voice is surprised, yet still deep and made of velvet.

"Hello! Yes, we have met before! I am Naga, and of course I knew Scorch, she took me in as a weanling. Though I never got the pleasure to meet Hestoni. You are Simeon am I correct? Scorch's only son? I was young then, I have since grown, but I am surprised you felt you knew me. It is good to see you again."

She relaxes more now, she lets one leg rest, sending one side of her chubby rump down. She felt better now, knowing he is the son of her savior and not some random bachelor looking for some tail. She finds comfort in his aged, mismatched eyes and can see just a bit of Scorch in him. She is relieved to find yet more of the Amazon residents, she was afraid they were all gone. But, luck seemed to have been on her side since the shift. Maybe soon she would even get her ability to shift back, but for now, she must take what this new world gives to her, and cherish them. Never to take them for granted again. She smiles softly at the Amazon man, her voice full of happiness.

"It's been so long since I have seen you. Have you been well? The Amazons are doing well now, though we are still searching for more of them. I am queen now...

The words sound strange coming out of her mouth, but she hopes him proud of her, since it was his mother who deemed her worthy of taking in and raising as a fine sister of the Jungle. She continues again.

"The fairies gave us a new home, it is not our beloved jungle, but it is beautiful no less. A coast line, with dunes and high cliffs. It is definitely a sight to behold. You should come visit."

She is just so eager, it felt as if she were talking to Scorch again...just like the old days.  She thinks back to her younger years, watching the elder sisters go about their duties of recruiting, mock battling, and just milling around chatting. She thinks so deep she can almost smell the humid sweet smell of the soil, the spirit of the jungle pulsing underneath, its sounds filling her ears. But soon she is brought back to the cold of the forest, though she is happy Simeon is here with her now. More hope, and that was definitely what she needed. She hoped he was well, she couldn't wait to hear about how his life has been since she had seen him last. She looked to him eagerly, ears perked forward, eyes twinkling.
    Naga
    as the winds blow, so will I know...
    He was looking her over, sure that he knew her, but still trying to place her in his memory. His mismatched gaze was full of warmth- not lust, more like.. admiration- as he took in her sleek frame. She was slender, but not skinny, more lean and yet rounded in all the right places. She was lovely, he must admit, and there was something about her. His gaze lifted to her face, tracing the line of her jaw and nose as well as the shape of her star. Lastly, he met her green eyes. Something about her, almost feline. She was a horse, obviously, but there was definitely..

She spoke and it all seemed to click into place. Of course! "Naga?! Wow.. Yes! I am Simeon, and her first son, but not only." His black lips pulled back into a warm smile, head tossed up in surprise. The good kind. He moved to close a little distance between them, extending his muzzle toward hers in traditional custom, blowing a breath or two of warm air from his nostrils to hers. When he pulled back, his eyes were gleaming. "You have grown well, signora! And yes, I remember. It is good to see you also." Ah, the young panther-child. His mother had been proud of her those years before when he'd been around. He could hear it in her voice when she'd told him about her. She'd seen potential in the young girl, and had gladly brought her home. And of course he remembered her, it came easily now. The time when- just a cub, back then- she had been learning to climb the trees of the Jungle. He remembered she took it in stride, instinctual, but her paws had been large and she had mis-stepped, taking a tumble and practically landed at his very feet. What a surprise she had been, he smiled at the memory. He'd stopped to check on her, but she'd been excited to get back up there and so off she'd went, leaving an amused Simeon in her tracks. Their meeting had been brief, but etched in his memory all the same.

Brought back to the present, now panther-woman, he was pleased when her stance became more slackened. Even more so at the look of recognition and gladness of his presence. She spoke again and he dipped his head in a nod. "It has been a long time. And far too long that I have been gone. I have been very well, though I fear I have missed so much here. I have seen many things in my journeys, but I needed to come back." His voice trailed off, smooth yet unable to fully mask the feeling of longing from its tones. He really had missed home, and a touch of sadness momentarily shifted his gaze from hers as- again- he remembered the Jungle was no more. That which had brought so many of them together before, was simply gone in a blink of magic from Beqanna's goddess. Sim drew in a deep breath, though, and released the sadness and despair with his exhale. The Amazons were strong, all of them, and proud. They would not allow their fire to be extinguished so easily, nor their passion smothered out. It was undeniable, the force they carried especially together.

The sleek, black mare's next words renewed his spirit all the more. Her eagerness reached out to him and touched him in a way that chased out the cold of the coming winter's night. His dual-colored eyes glimmer in the waning light from through the boughs above. "So the sisters will go to the coast, hm? And you are their Queen?" He paused for effect, eyeing her almost a bit mischievously, fighting the twitch of his lips that would betray him. The stallion would have appeared to mull over the idea for only a breath or two, before he could no longer contain himself.

His grin was sudden and bright in the approaching night as he made his happiness known. "That is wonderful news, Naga! Grandissimo, miele! Scorch would be so proud of you." His smile and tone softened on that last note, and he reached out to lightly press his muzzle to one of her cheeks. The gentle touch was brief, for he didn't want cross any boundaries or make her uneasy. A queen now! A position that certainly commanded respect, although he would never have given her less. Ah, his mother- theirs, he corrected himself. It would appear she had been right about the potential of that young cub all along.

Sim was definitely proud of her, his affection for her already slipping its way into his heart. His smile never faltered as he took it all in. "The Amazons are in good hands, then. I am so happy for this. Ah, but they won't be the 'Amazons' anymore, will they? What will they be called?" Broad head tilted a bit as he made his inquiries. Waiting a few moments to allow her to answer, Sim attempted not to appear too anxious before he asked his next set. "How will you run this bella costa? Like the sisterhood we've always had?" His gaze then turned hopeful with his unanswered question. Will he be welcome to stay? Deep down he knew that a simple visit would never be enough. He dipped his head to her then, black-tipped ears perked forward in their eagerness to catch her response.
    as the grasses grow, so will I go…
    as far as the skies will take me nothing can break me…
    as the winds blow

((So, I know I made up the part about how they met. It just kinda came out xD if you'd like me to change it, please let me know! <3))