• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Devil and God are raging inside me { OPEN TEAM }

HELLBANE

I've all but just forgotten-

Hellbane hasn’t thought about his father in a very long time. Usually that’s the way it goes with young stallions around here though - it was just the way the world worked. But standing here, with all of the hopeful glances and sparks of interest in their eyes gives Hellbane a strange sense of vertigo. He imagines them multiplied, sees them massed before him in solitude and warmth somewhere beyond the destructive finger of magic. Strike the magic and that’s very much what Killdare must’ve seen every day of his ruling life. How ironic. The great bay-and-green only has his brother now to lean on, because Killdare had been all but missing since their estrangement on the mountainside. Not to mention that Hellbane had never been fond of lurking around the Chambers after the … incident.

The golden one pipes up again to break his cold concentration, and Hellbane leans into the group to close them into a circle. “We can’t stay here, too risky.” He states, beginning with the obvious, “But I had time to consider the fact that our old world was home to islands, so why shouldn’t this one have them? If we base ourselves in a location that’s not so easily accessible, that will at least give some of the lesser-traited horses a challenge when trying to reach us.” He pauses, wondering if his train of thought was well-placed. For now, surrounding water seemed like a natural force of protection. In time? Perhaps it could be more. “Does anyone know of an area that might be similar to what I’m talking about?” He questions, looking at them individually.

He hasn’t had much time to explore this new world, only the confines of the public areas, where a homeless stallion like himself was safe from some scrutiny. His neck curves, head turning about so that he could focus on his black twin. “Your specialty could come in handy.” Hellbane tells him, emphasizing specialty. “Would you be willing to go where we can’t, in order to help us, brother?” He asks, letting the last word drop like a rock. All his life Mortal had been with him - womb, childhood, and now adulthood. That fact was certainly not going to change if Hellbane could help it. Besides, he’d been aware of the glances his winged partner had been receiving from the group; questions reflected in their eyes that they didn’t voice. Well - now they knew, and they could accept or reject as they liked.

They were a team now. All of them.

-What the color of her eyes were

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Devil and God are raging inside me { OPEN TEAM } - by Hellbane - 09-30-2016, 12:45 PM