• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Devil and God are raging inside me { OPEN TEAM }
    dark, you can't come soon enough for me
    The black winged stallion is the first to acknowledge his presence and Szeth gives the creature’s comment no more than a pointed stare before turning to the grulla mare. A gentle nudge from the colt at her side draws her attention, but while she says that everything is fine, he is not certain that she is being truthful. Her voice is calm (and wonderfully accented, he notes), but there is something about her that seems … uncomfortable. Perhaps he is simply reading too much into something that isn’t there, but he is reluctant to leave her alone with these stallions just yet.

The golden colt speaks up next and Szeth’s eyes narrow at the child when he states, flat out, that the disruption was needed. While Szeth obviously agrees, it’s not an opinion that he would expect to be so openly shared, especially with a gifted one nearby.

His surprise deepens further when the bay and green stallion adds his support to the colt’s statement, revealing his own desire to avoid the foul magicians. “I am of the same mind. But I think an untouched part of this place will be hard to come by.” Funny, that, of all the horses he could have run into in this strange new world, he’s run into these kindred spirits. Perhaps there is something deeper at work here, perhaps the fairies are not quite so clueless as to the danger of the ‘gifted’ after all. “I’m Szeth.”

He does not fail to notice the familiar way the bay stallion’s eyes linger on the winged stallion’s face, and he is shocked when the winged beast does not speak up in opposition to Hellbane’s words. Though, when he really takes a moment to think about it, he knows he shouldn't be that surprised. His mother, a ‘gifted’ creature in her own right, has done her best to forsake her own ability. Not all of the mythicals are entirely corrupted by their traits. There is perhaps hope for some of them yet.

The quiet mare’s son speaks up again, asking the black winged beast after his wings. Szeth snorts quietly. “It matters not whether it is ‘fun.’ These powers and abilities corrupt far too often.” He cannot blame the boy for his curiosity, but he it is better for him to know the truth sooner than later.

But his curiosity not the most important thing of the moment. The stallion Hellbane has truly caught his interest now. His brown eyes return to the stallion, narrowed, cautious. “What do you have in mind, Hellbane?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Devil and God are raging inside me { OPEN TEAM } - by Szeth - 09-27-2016, 11:49 PM